Friday, February 1, 2008

Fashion Friday: Not all fashions are good

I got this new scarf as a Christmas present. I like the pretty pink flowers, and the leopard print. But I do not like them together. Still, at first I tried my hardest to be a good model. Then, I realized that the scarf was made of polyester! I am a little bit upset about this, because I thought it was made of silk. I think my disappointment might show in my photo.
Next, I was supposed to model the scarf on my head. I tried my hardest, but I did not want the polyester touching my head.
This is how I really felt about the polyester scarf with too many patterns:
Usually I am more professional, but my Mommie did not make me take any more pictures. She only took a few photos, and then I ran off to play. I never have to model anything I do not like. I hope you are not disappointed in me today.

Share/Bookmark

78 Notes for Daisy:

Ramses said...

Oh I can see you have very discerning taste in fashion! Nothing but the best for Daisy cat! :)

Anonymous said...

It's good sense to reject not-up- to-par fashions, Daisy.

Comfortability for the furs and movement is top priority! heh heh

Have a good morn, and pls say Hi to Pixie, if u can take a min off from play... thank yoo : )

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

You definitely look like you don't approve of the polyester, Daisy! You could never disappoint us, Daisy. You are a great fashion model. :)

Jake and Bathsheba said...

Daisy, you are so dear. I love to pull you up on my BlackBerry first thing in the morning!

~J&B's Mom

Parker said...

Daisy, you are much too youthful for a multi-patterned, polyester babushka!

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

Dear Daisy,

I think your scarf is fine, don't be upset. Michico tells me, sometimes women just don't have enough clothes~~ I think today it's just not a good model day~~~

However, you still do the photoshoot~!! You are very professional than me~!

Purr,
Adan

Parker said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

You were very professional in showing up for the shoot, but also very discerning; Polyester is so last year. Also, while pink suits you very well, the print is just not you at all.

Sorry, we are laughing quite hard at that 3rd and 4th photo.

Louche Tabby said...

...I hope you were compensated for your trouble with Temptations......

Silverstar said...

Despite the polyester you still look very chic missy.:)

Patti said...

You crack me up!! I like flowers and leopard print together too ... but also like you ... not together!! You did your best! :)

Maria said...

Oh, Daisy! It does look a bit "80's in Miami", and no matter how fantastic of a model you are, very few people can pull that off!

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Aww Daisy, we can see yoo reely wuz not happy wiv that scarf. The flowers on their own would probly look prettier on yoo.

Mickey's Musings said...

Daisy,I am not disapointed in you.
It is right that you model only what you like. However,I must say,you can make anything look good.I understand that you dislike polyester though!A scarf should be silk :)
Purrs Mickey

Bobby D. said...

I am with you Daisy--Allergic to Poly--- a nice Hermes scarf is what you need!

Sasha said...

Your expression definitely shows disappointment, Daisy. Silk and polyester feel quite different and silk is much more pleasant. Your Mommy will know better next time. The arrangement of the scarf which squashes your ears is not at all flattering. Tell your Mommie not to try that again. A cat always shows to best advantage with pricked ears.

Laila and Angel Minchie said...

We just love how your limitless expressions just say it all!

Unknown said...

OMG~! you look like you are going to vacationz!! you is cute! me love flower on top of your head. you are so stylish!! mai mum made me a nacklace today come check it out!

Dma said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dma said...

I actually do like the scarf. I hope your mom didn't pay you with as many temptations as usual.

Anonymous said...

Daisy I think you always look adorable :)

Diamond Emerald-Eyes said...

It's not too bad as a scarf. I do not like it as a hat however. Great job modeling, as always.

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Daisy

You should only wear what you like best...silks, cashmeres and cottons...no more polyester.

Purrsss
Abby

Rocky, Angie & S'more said...

Hi Daisy,
We agree with Ariel - we think you always look adorable - no matter what!

We hope you got some Temptations after your photo shoot :)

You and Pixie Bananers have a great day!

With love from snowy Michigan,
Rocky, Angie, S'more, & our Mommy,
Karen xo

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

We think the scarf would have been lovely if it had just been the pretty pink flowers on a solid background. The leopard print was very distracting. And we don't like anything on our head so we don't blame you for not liking that way of wearing the scarf.

You still did a good job and looked lovely. ~Scylla, Charybdis & Socks

Sunny's Mommy said...

I think the scarf is kind of cute, especially with you wearing it over your head.

If you really don't like it, I suggest you sneak into your fashion closet, grab the scarf and hide it somewhere Mommie will never find it!

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

polyester is bad. you are right daisy. smart girl!!!

smiles, auntie bee
oxoxoxoxoxoxooxxo

Sarge Charlie said...

Oh no, not polyester on such a fine lady like daisy, we will have to talk to mommie about this.....

andophiroxia said...

I have been in those places where the clothing is cute, but I don't want to wear it. Like I have an aversion or something to it. It's very strange. Don't feel bad about it. It happens at some point to everyone.

Emy hates wearing ANYTHING, even a see-through scarf, but then she's like me... No frills.

The Furry Kids said...

I can see how much you hate polyester. It is a little creepy. I'm glad your photographer didn't make you finish the photo shoot. I hope you still got your full payment of temptations, though.
Love,
Tazo

The Meezers or Billy said...

you doesn't look happy at all!

Captain Jack and Sir Dante said...

Oh Daisy, sometimes being such a glamourous fashion model can be hard work!

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

I don't blame you for not liking polyester....it just doesn't feel very good against the fur.

However, just those flowers tucked next to one of your ears would make a lovely Hawaiian look.

HRH Yao-Lin said...

daisy you still look stunning, if a little bit grumpy. Polyester is SO NOT YOU! You are silk, satin, velvet, denim at times - but certainly not polyester. I think a little bit of bitey on the human might be in order!

Artie said...

Love the "this scarf is made of polyester" face!

Anonymous said...

You better work it!

None said...

I think you can make any clothes look good but I can see you didn't think the scarf was good enough to be worn by you! Fashion flops have to happen sometimes...

Purrrs,
Tamra

Nancy Lindquist-Liedel said...

I would not be happy with the poly either. Silk is a more discerning choice for the fashionable feline.

Gemini and Ichiro said...

Sometimes you just get things that don't fit your personality. I rather liked it until I learned it was not silk as well... Then forget it!

Anonymous said...

You never look bad in anything you model Daisy, but no cat should have to wear polyester!
Jackie, Gidget and Fritz

Unknown said...

Daisy, you did a wonderful job of modelling, considering you had to model "polyester"! A model can only take so much.

Anonymous said...

I am never disappointed in you, Daisy. You are a very professional fashion model, and I think is actually good to show other kitties what is fashion and what is NOT.

Polyester is not done, it has to be silk, always. Plus, more patterns in the fashion, wearing by a kitty who also has more patterns and colors by her/his self is too much.

This Fashion Friday is great lesson for all of us!

The Crew said...

Daisy, I think even the most famous fashion models don't always like everything they have to wear for their photo shoots. But you're a professional, and you've given it you best!

Tipper

Unknown said...

We think you did a fine job! You were very patient... and in your last photo, we thought it looked like you were impersonating a bean supermodel with your "fierce and serious look". Maybe the bean models wouldn't look so angry if they were paid in Temptations....

snowforest said...

Yup you don't have to model anything you don't like. It was evident you were not fond of the scarf and yet you gave it your best try.
Love and purrs from the SnowForest family :)

Anonymous said...

Hope Mommy gave you got a lot of temptations for putting up with that ugly scarf! :-D)

Tybalt said...

Daisy, it is very understandable that you would not wish to model something you find distasteful. It only means you are a dicriminating ladycat.

Bonnie Underfoot said...

Daisy, you have to have standards or they'll take advantage of you. As for me, I wouldn't want ANYTHING over my eyes or ears. I have to be able to see and hear that cow cat sneaking up on me!

Chance said...

I tink yoo dids a gud job evan doh yoo didna lyke it. Yoo styll luk vewy pwetty. I donna noe wat polyester iz but it sownds howible. I hopes yoo got lotsa tem-tay-shuns fur dat doh.

L. Alida said...

Daisy, I know you tried very hard to be patient. You still looked very pretty. (a little grumpy maybe) You're making everyone smile, and that's what's important. Have a great Friday!
Love and Purrs,
Lorianna

jenianddean said...

You are always so professional! I can't believe your mommie, I mean photographer, made you wear polyester! UGH! I hope you gave that scarf the toothy death!

-Jasper McKitten-Cat

Note from JMC's mom - the fourth picture made me laugh out loud!

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Oh, yoo were furry profeshonal wif dat peece of cr *Sadie!* um, dat not so nice scarf. Maybe it would look nice decorating da garbage can~Sadie

Anonymous said...

Hahaha! I loved your expression on the third pic, Daisy. :D

-CyberfiZZle

Anonymous said...

err, I mean fourth pic! :)

-CyberfiZZle

Team Tabby said...

Daisy, you are fashionable no matter what. It is good of your mom to realize you hadda enough for that session, tho.

Moe & Mindy

Juno said...

Daisy, we love your expression after you found out the scarf was not silk. :)

Have a wonderful weekend!

Momo & Pinot

Gretchen said...

Now my mom bean says she would have not worn that even back in the fifties. But it does have a certain charm on you.

Thanks for being a good friend. My mom bean is starting to perk up a bit. At least I got to do some more visiting today.

Hugs...G

Who We Are said...

Heffin' hey, that's cute.

Skeezix the Cat said...

Daisy, I am glad yoo reealize that Polly Ester suks becuz I don't ever think I cood be involved with sumwun hoo liked Polly Ester.

tangente said...

Daisy, I hope they pay you big bucks to wear polyester!!!

Christine and FAZ said...

What's polyster? FAZ

MEStaton said...

Daisy you are purrty no matter what the silly human makes you wear :) We understand!

Zoey and the furballs said...

You show them Daisy! I do not like to model things I don't like either. Mommy tried to make me model this angel halo thing and I did not like it so I did not cooperate well either. Sometimes you just have to stand your ground and I know I'm no angel.

Hot(M)BC said...

Well that's not yore best fashion for sure Daisy. But yoo shouldn't hafta wear nuffin that yoo don't like. So it's ok to not stay for lotsa fotos!
Purrrrrrrrs!

DK & The Fluffies said...

Oh yes, scarves need to be silk!

Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

I still think that you look GLAM in your scarf, Miss Daisy.

DMM

SophieKitty said...

Polyester is not suitable for you, Daisy. But you worked it the best you could. No matter what you do, you could never disappoint!

Chrissie said...

Every girl has an off day, Daisy-and polyester should definitely be OFF! You're cute, as usual!

The Devil Dog said...

On the contrary, Daisy, it just makes us appreciate your honesty all the more. That and we think you are really great and funny.

Roxy & Lucky

MaoMao said...

Awwww, Daisy, we could never be disappointed in you -- you are fabyoolus and so adorable and fun! And Momma said SQUEE at the look on yur face! You look cute in yur ensembul, hehe.

Kittyhugs and purrs from MaoMao!

Asta said...

Daisy
I ttotally agwee with you..Non silk oiwwitates the skin, but you wewew still pwofessional,and put up wit it..I amd NOt disappointed at all..I love the look of disgust on youw face
hehehe
smoochie kisses,
Asta

Anonymous said...

Daisy,
You are adorable no matter what you wear. Our mom laughed and laughed at your expressions!!
Ozzy, Alice, Bootsie, Freckles, Lola & Dandelo

Anonymous said...

Oh Daisy, dear, do not worry! You are always glamorous -- and absolutely adorable!

Purrs and snuggles from Marilyn!

Daisy Deadhead said...

Not everyone has to enjoy fashion, I
agree!

You are beautiful! :)

Cindy Garber Iverson said...

I'm not disappointed in you at all, Daisy. The fact that you let that polyester touch your ears for just one photo is a major feat!

Cindy at Rosehaven Cottage

Wrigley, Cobalt, & Penelope said...

Oh Daisy, you make us smile!! You are too cute for words. You have great facial expressions, thank goodness the bean didn't make you pose for more photos. You definitely don't look too happy.

Andree said...

I could never be disappointed in you, Daisy. Not even when you make a lizard's tail fall off.

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to tell you how wonderfully entertaining I think your website is, and what a showcase for your many talents! In addition to all the beautiful pics of your good self, we get to meet so many of your lovely friends, too. Must say, my favorite bit is your comic strip with the lizards, you're an extraordinarily enterprising feline. I'm instructing my cat, Dollie, to read your blog everyday, to see if she can pick up a few tips, especially in fashion wear, in which you, my dear, positively excel;-D

Related Posts with Thumbnails