Monday, March 31, 2008

Monday Mystery: Guess the Object!

Here is a funny object! Look closely, because for today's Monday Mystery, you must figure out what it is. I think you can tell that it is very old. I can almost fit my paws inside.
I see there is a little thing like a handle on the side.
Here is a close-up:
What do you think it is? Here are your choices:

A: A special cup for a monkey
B. A hand-held spittoon (yuck!)
C. An old sardine can
D. Something for cooking over a campfire


You can click HERE to see if you are correct. Good luck!
Share/Bookmark

87 Notes for Daisy:

Anonymous said...

U are early, Daisy! : )

I guess its "D", let's go check it out now....
*5secs interlude*
Oopsy, me wrong.. haha Should have known, ur Mommie likes 'monkey-business' eh Daisy?

Thank goodness its not the spitoon, that would so not be visually enticing...

Thanks for the mystery, Daisy!

Morn scritches to you and Pixie :heart:

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Wow, very cool! We didn't guess right this week, Daisy.

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

Wowww...Daisy,
This is really something new for me, I haven't seen such things before~!!!
Thanks for this great mystery Monday~! I learn something to day!!

The Meezers or Billy said...

we didn't guess right eifur! that's really cool though! Happy Monday!

Poppy Q said...

Oh no, did your daddy have to give up singing with the monkey and get a real job? Hahahaha

That was a great Monday mystery my little friend. Bannana kises and to your sister, and temptation hugs to you.

Poppy Q

Anonymous said...

I never would have guessed that it was a change holder for a monkey. My guess was "C" an old sardine can.

Tigmut'hep said...

That's very cool Daisy, so much so I almost forgot my list of complaints about Mummy and my desire for catnip! ;)

Parker said...

Wow, those monkeys think of everything!

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

We were wrong this week Daisy. We would never haf guessed that. It wuz a real mystery.

Anonymous said...

That was very interesting, Daisy. It is sometimes fun to repurpose older objects, and we think you could use it for Temptations!!

Goldie, Shade and Banshee said...

Very interesting. We got it wrong of course.

Thanks for your comforting words, Daisy.

Purrs, Goldie and Shade

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

We were so wrong. Since we love sardines we hoped it was full of sardines at one time.

Scylla, Charybdis & Socks

Anonymous said...

I’m sure this post will create buzz for your blog as most these kinds of publicity.it's realy nice.

Mickey's Musings said...

Hahahahaha!!! I guessed 'D' too!
That was a good mystery. I guess I will not be like Sherlock Holmescat anytime soon,heehee
Purrs Mickey

Cecil the Cougar: said...

I really had no idea what it was, I really didn't. I am not surprised though that the monkey needed a special cup. I fink that monkeys are not very careful. They like to swing from trees and their coins can fall out easily.

Sassy Kat said...

Guess wrong again! Oh, well I got is right last week plus each week I learn somethin knew. Hope you are having a fun day.

Anonymous said...

Hi Daisy! That is a funny looking mystery object and we thought it was a cooking thing. Oh well maybe next time!

Dma said...

I guessed right. Woo hoo. I'm tellin ya, you should get a pet monkey. You even have the accessories...

The Misadventures Of Me said...

At first we thought it was a spittoon then the male bean saided it looked like at sardine can. We woulds have never guessed it was for a monkey!

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

man i got that wrong daisy! ha ha ha

good one honey!

smiles, auntie bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxox

Boy said...

Hahaha...I thought it was a spittoon!

Sarge Charlie said...

Well Miss Daisy, you fooled me again. Now it makes perfect sense.

jenianddean said...

I had no idea! That's neat-o! I have always that that monkeys were silly, but that's pretty smart on the monkey's part!

-Jasper McKitten-Cat

Tara said...

What an interesting cup! So neat it belonged to the organ grinder. I thought it was a spittoon....

Tara

Clover said...

Hi Daisy!
What a cool item! I like the picture with the monkey in it! And I am sorry to hear about your credit card troubles - let me know if I can help you make some money to pay it back! Maybe you can play an instrument while I hold the mystery object and collect coins for you?
Love Clover xo

Tybalt said...

Oh my goodness! I would never have guessed that!

Daisy, you always have the neatest things.

CastoCreations said...

Hmmm...I think it's a old sardine can.

Shaggy and Scout said...

HEY YEAH! We guessed right..but only because we know your momma collects that kind of stuff.
It was a very good challenge question Daisy!

Diamond Emerald-Eyes said...

Well, I did not guess that one at all. I thought it was old sardine can. Monkey collectioning money. Who'd, have thought. What? You mean that do that at church every week? Oh yeah, humans just big monkeys. I forget.

Gemini and Ichiro said...

We got it wrong. We thought it was an old sardine can!

Quasi said...

Hi Daisy,
I have no idea what this is, but it looks like it could be potentially dangerous (or, at least, scary). If I were you, I would call Homeland Security right away!

Nancy Lindquist-Liedel said...

I have no clue, but it's a lovely copper item.

Oh, it's that?? Wow! A monkey's cup. Huh. That's neat.

Anonymous said...

We thought it was "D" too. Neat little item.
Abby, Rosie, Jacks, Gidget & Lola

Mo and The Purries said...

Yay!
I got it right!
I remembered your Mommie's special monkey collection.

Hope you & your Mommie have a nice Monday, Daisy!

luv,
Not The Mama

Mo and The Purries said...

ps:
Thanks for having Captured By Gravity featured in your Entrecard spot today!!!

Sunny's Mommy said...

Good! I guessed right this time!

The Whiskers and Purrs Gang said...

Dearest Daisy,
Looks like a very nice temptation holder if you ask us!

Very truly yours,
The Whiskers & Purrs Gang

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

I would have never figured that to be a monkeys coin purse!

Great mystery Daisy!

Unknown said...

What! I guessed wrong - I can't believe that is a special cup for a monkey! That is amazing! Now where in the world did you get that?

Unknown said...

Oh - I forgot to ask how Pixie is doing? Is she doing well?

Amber-Mae said...

Oh gee, I thought it was an old sardine can. Where did your mom get it from?

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

Motor Home Cats said...

Well, since your mommy likes monkeys, we are going to guess that it is a can for the monkeys to collect the money in for the organ grinders.

Tiki, Tavi, Cody and Camie

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Um, we were wrong - again! Yoor mysteries are hard, but dat is good and we is learning a lot about some intristing stuff.

Spooky said...

Oops. I guessed D. I was wrong. That was a really good guessing game, Daisy! I learned something new!

PB 'n J said...

Dang, we thought it was a sardine can too - those monkeys are clever, aren't they!

The Furry Kids said...

Darn! We picked D. This is a bummer. We knew we should've asked our Papa. :/

Love,
Tazo

PrincessMia said...

I think it's C. I'm gonna go check now!

Jans Funny Farm said...

Oh, well. We guessed wrong. But we've never met a monkey, so we've never seen one of those before.

HRH Yao-Lin said...

noooo I got it wrong! I was convinced it was an old sardine tin!!!

Oh, I tagged you for the book meme x

Figaro the Therapy Cat said...

hi daisy,
i did not guess right! :-/
Figaro is okay, he is panting all the time anytime he does anything though - it is funny to watch! he didnt get in trouble for longs because hs is so cute and cuddly.

The Crew said...

We think #C. Momsays our Grampie that we never knew used to eat sardines!

Your friend
Misty

Leona said...

We were hoping it was a sardine can- little fishies in a can! Great! Never would have guessed the monkey. Good monday mystery!

Queen Snickers, Empress and Princess Renna said...

Wow that is cool, we never seen anything like that before!~Queen Snickers

Rosemary B❤️ said...

That is a cute old cuppie for the money!

Babs (Beetle) said...

I thought it wasa hand-held spittoon. Ha ha! I was wrong :O)

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

I did not guess right. I am glad it is something for an animal though!
--JB

Sabrina, Sam and Simon said...

We got this one wrong Daisy ... darn it! That sure is a funny looking cup, so we had no idea!
Purrs and headbutts,
Sabrina, Sam and Simon

Team Tabby said...

We gots it wrong, dang. Oh, well, the picture and story are very interesting, thanks for sharing them wif alla us.

Mindy & Moe

Mr. Hendrix said...

I was very wrong. I guessed sardine can. What a unique item to have! We like collecting unique items. I always inspect them just like you do!

Forty Paws said...

We got it wrong again!!! We are not very good at Monday mysteries.

Luf, us

[G@ttoGiallo] said...

Maybe I'm a monkey... I've had the same, let's say... twenty years ago.

Fat Eric said...

Woohoo! I guessed right again! But only because I remembered that your mum collects the monkey stuff.

Your blog is furry educational you know.

The Devil Dog said...

Mom guessed wrong. Oh well, you can't be perfect all the time.

Roxy

Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

I have no idea 'bout what that could be ... Hmmm .... I guess that I'll flip back to your main bloggie page an' see what that metal thing is.
DMM

dennis said...

Dennis likes sardines a lot so he will say sardine can--

and I sent you a slab of cake daisy! and some ice cream too.

My Littel Island said...

u cook in it

Kitikata-san said...

I was hoping it was sardines! Did you get to taste sardines? Coins do not taste good, not like sardines.

Skeezix the Cat said...

I got it rite! I got it rite! Do I git a kiss?

SophieKitty said...

Ack! (Hits paw against head.) I can't believe I got this wrong! I remember your showing your Mommie's monkey collection. I hope I do better next week.

Tommy and Teaghan said...

What a cool cup dat is. We were shure it wuz da spitoon! Bwhahahaha!

Tesla and Hansel said...

hai!

Wow, how did you get such a cool ting? I wants one.

Chrissie said...

I'm thinking it's something to cook beans over a campfire, or maybe some fish, since I'm not real partial ta beans!

DK & The Fluffies said...

Hee - We had no idea!

Angel MoMo and Charlotte said...

How cool! I guessed wrong.

Thanks for coming by. You do have beautiful eyes and it was your picture that inspired me to do that post.

Of course efurryone was right in guessing your beautiful eye. Not so with other kitties though. I guess you are just famous!

Anonymous said...

I was sooo wrong. I was thinking the spitoon but was hoping it wasnt.

Christine and FAZ said...

I think it's B - yuck alright! FAZ

meemsnyc said...

We are guessing its an old sardine can.

The Cat Realm said...

Oh my - we were totally off on that one!!! Wouldn't have guessed that in a million years....

Cara said...

I go with option C.

Hello there everyone,

there's a new update on the stalker situation. Please have a look.

http://carahurley.blogspot.com/2008/03/catch-spay_31.html

Girl Girl Hamster said...

Woh.. And I tot is was an old sardine can. hee

~ Girl girl

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

WE ARE STUNNED! We finally got one wrong... We thought it was a sardine can!

Jimmy Joe said...

Wow, that was a tough mystery, Daisy! You always know how to keep us on our toes.
Your buddy, Jimmy Joe

Black Cat said...

I was going to guess A because it seemed the least likely, but then I thought no, it's got to be D. Wrong!!! Nice one Daisy dear:) xxx

Unknown said...

what is you?? you is strage things!! me think that's what you poop on it!!

Wrigley, Cobalt, & Penelope said...

We were totally wrong!!! That one was tough.

CRIZ LAI said...

Yay... I got it right again this time even though it looked like a sardine can initially :P

Anonymous said...

I'll admit I needed mom's help and she got it right.I guess she is smart after all yet don't tell her I said that :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails