Sunday, March 16, 2008

Sunday Comics with Daisy!

Since those lizards are acting so sneaky, I decided to try going after a different prey: a snail!



I found out that it is No Fun to go after a prey that is not sneaky. I like the thrill of the chase.

Share/Bookmark

72 Notes for Daisy:

HRH Yao-Lin said...

haha a thin line indeed! Classic! haha daisy you are so funny. And snails aren't particularly good at playing hide and seek. You are better off with the lizards. At least they bite back once in a while. I like a meal with a bit of 'oomph'. x

Anonymous said...

Daisy, sneaky is one of the Lizards' very best qualities!

Poppy Q said...

You are right Miss Daisy - I think we all enjoy the chase. Cute snail.

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

You're right Daisy, snails aren't much fun and they're yukky slimy. If you find an empty snail house though, they're fun to play with.

Goldie, Shade and Banshee said...

Poor snail, he just wants to be friends. Awwwww.

You better stick with those lizards. I bet that snail would be too rubbery to eat after it got cooked anyway.

~Goldie

darlene said...

ohhh Daisy ...You are the funniest!!..

Leslie said...

Oh my - we love Sunday nights SO much!!!!! Daisy Comic Day!

Anonymous said...

I love your Sunday comics Daisy. You are always so funny. Have you ever talked anyone into your Easy Bake Oven? ;-) Just curious. Have a great Sunday Daisy.

Parker said...

It's all about the thrill of the chase! Snails probably wouldn't be as much fun to mess with!
He's a cute snail though!

Sarge Charlie said...

you crack me up Miss Daisy, you just brighten up Sunday Morning.

Mickey's Musings said...

I must agree Daisy. It's hard to eat a friend :) Besides, he would only be a tiny snack,hahaha!
Purrs Mickey

The Taylor CatSSSSS said...

Daisy, Mommy LOVES your Sunday Comics! This one is a classic!

The thrill of the chase is important, indeed! Besides, the snail is very cute and wants to be friends! We think he likes you!

(Mommy says that even if you cooked him, he would taste like rubber....don't know how she knows this???)

Nancy Lindquist-Liedel said...

Do you have butter and fresh parsley? You need both for escargot. Oh and Julia Child said to feed your snails corn meal for a few days, so they will taste sweeter. I can't believe I remember that from a PBS show I watched when I was little.

Laila and Angel Minchie said...

Snails make good friends. They are pretty harmless we think.

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

oh. now i get it. but i don't like escargot daisy. i just can't get that little ball of stuff into my mouth, no matter how hard i try. next time i will save mine for you.

smiles, auntie bee
xoxoxoxoxxoxoxoxoxoxoox

Sabrina, Sam and Simon said...

Daisy, you always put a big old smile on momma's face with your Sunday comics! Thanks!
Purrs and headbutts,
Sabrina, Sam and Simon

The Meezers or Billy said...

yeah, plus snails are too slimy. slimy is ewwww

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

Snails are no fun to play with. They just sit there. Rolly Pollys are a bit more fun, they roll up in little balls and roll away from you when you whap them.

~Scylla, Charybdis & Socks

Dma said...

yeah it would be pretty hard to find a sneaky escargot.

zevo hussein calamari said...

Your Sunday comics brighten our day! I think chasing lizards is more fun.

Artsy Catsy said...

Oh, we love it, Daisy! This comic is a classic!

Rocky

meemsnyc said...

Oh Daisy, that snail loooks like a fun thing to play with!

Asta said...

Oh Daisy
I can see whewe you wouldn't want to be mean to that snail, he cleawly wants you fow a fwiend..and who wouldn't..
I'm happy that Stanny wemembewed that I love owange
smoochie kisses,Asta

Black Cat said...

Awwww, cute snail, he wants to be your friend so I'm glad you didn't eat him:) xxx

The Furry Bambinos said...

We suppose that there wouldn't be much chase with a snail. And the snail was awfully cute. We think that maybe he has a crush on you?

Padre, Panda Bear, and Meerkat

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

Dearest Daisy,

I am sure snail is much more polite than Lizard~~
It's good that you make friend with snail!

Purr,
Adan

Cecil the Cougar: said...

Snails are not so good to eat because you will have to crunch through the shell. Lizards you can just give the big bitey and get a delishus taste.

Christine and FAZ said...

You really need lots of garlic butter if you're going snail hunting Daisy. FAZ

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Hah, Zippy brags about catching and eating snails! Now we know the truth, it needs no skill to catch.

Amber-Mae said...

I love your Sunday comics! Always makes my day...Maybe that snail needs to sit on one of those electronic cars & then you can chase after it!

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

Rosemary B❤️ said...

snail muffins sound good.
*slurp*

Pearl C. Pritchard said...

Hi Daisy!!

This is an excellent post. As many a young lovers can attest... it's all in the chase, isn't it?

BTW -- can you believe that a snail was in our house just last week? The woman came downstairs and right in the front hallway sat a big snail and she said, "What the HECK?!"

She put it outside and I didn't even bother with it. As you found out... they're not really worth the effort.

Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

Snails aren't in it for the chasing ... they're pretty slow-going.
DMM

Copito said...

hehehe I love your sunday comics, Daisy.
Can you to invite a hamster at your comics?

='·'=

Gemini and Ichiro said...

That snail does not look very fun at all Daisy.

Scout said...

I have learned something today... Snails are NO FUN!

Stick with the lizards. They are entertaining...

Mmmmm, lizards....

Anonymous said...

Hi Daisy! Tomorrow (March 17) is my sister's b-day. Could you please mention it in your post?? Her name is Rebecca and she is turning a green 15!!!! She reads knitting blogs and I am trying to get her to read yours (which is one of the best)but have not yet suceeded. I know that she would love it!!!!! thank you Daisy!!! >^.^<

Mo and The Purries said...

That made me Laugh OUT Loud.
A thin line, indeed!
Oh, Daisy, you put a smile on my face every day.
Thank you!
your friend ~
not the mama

Diamond Emerald-Eyes said...

Yeah, but escargot is pretty good to eat. I just don't like trying to de-shell them.

The Devil Dog said...

We agree, Daisy, it is no fun if it is too easy. Sneaky is good. And besides, cats are hunters, and you don't want to lose your great hunting skills.

Roxy

Tiff said...

STOP! STOP! I almost had an accident and didn't make it to the litter box in time, I was laughing so hard.

~Meg (one of The Guyzos)

Dr Tweety of da Fab Five said...

Hahahahahaha! Daisy, dis snail can go on da ESS US SNAIL-cargo down to Panama & pix up some more lizardz fur you.

Tyler said...

Daisy, it was thoughtful of you to give the lizards a rest, but alas it is true the thrill is gone with those slimy friendly creatures. Maybe we can all brainstorm other prey for you. Something exciting.

L. Alida said...

Well, at least the snail had better manners and the good taste to want to be your friend Daisy. I don't think he would taste very good though. I love the expression on your face. You look so exasperated! :) Have a Happy Day!
Love and Purrs,
Lorianna

Brownie said...

Daisy,
Thanks signing my guestbook, i anw looking you have REALLY MANY COMMENTS WHOA! You're very pretty, awww, snail is so cute, how do you'll eat it?
Have a nice week
Sincerely,
Stifler

Anonymous said...

Hi Daisy....wow that snail is sure pushy about being friends!!!! Me likes to slap them around the patio... meow....

Motor Home Cats said...

We know what you mean. We don't get live prey to chase after, but it is always more fun to play with our toys with mom, than by ourselves.

Tiki, Tavi, Cody and Camie

Cats~Goats~Quotes said...

That is a very cute snail, Daisy. We think it would be a good friend.

~ The Bunch

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

A snail is much too slow for you. You need the thrill for sure of faster prey!
--JB

MaoMao said...

hehehehehe, yur comic is sooooo funny! Snails are kinda slow, aren't they, and they ain't too sneeky, either!

Kittyhugs and purrs from MaoMao!

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

Wow! We nefer thought that we would consider lizards as "smart", but compared to snails, they is geenioses...

Anonymous said...

I am absolutely in love with your baby!! Being as my hubby is deathly allergic to kitties, I can no longer have one (I had 5 at one point) so I am really happy to have found your site as it reminds me of how awesome cats can really be. Thank you for sharing!! Please keep it up!

Anonymous said...

*GIGGLE*!!! That is a wonderful comic. Yeah, I think the lizards are more fun than the snails!

Purrs and snuggles from Marilyn!

Sassy Kat said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mister jeter harris, hizself said...

daisy,
i can't relate to lizardz becuz we don't have 'em heer in noo york ... but i do know a lot abowt snailz ...
not too tastee.
luv--o'jh

Kimo and Sabi said...

They are supposed to be furry sticky fer cats to eat - you would mess up yer beeyooteeful furs.

Jans Funny Farm said...

Daisy, you are so funny and wise. Thanks for a smile.

Mr. Chen and Ollie said...

Daisy, that makes sense and we don't think agreeable snails make very fun prey at all! Ollie ate a slug once and he seemed to enjoy the chase (but he was very young then)...
Purrs,
Mr. Chen & Ollie

Girl Girl Hamster said...

Oh the snail seems to think you're her new best friend...

~ Girl girl

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Smartphone, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://smartphone-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Tiger Lily said...

How true, how true! I have never seen a snail but I agree with you about the chase. Now if only I had something to chase.

Skeezix the Cat said...

TUMMY SHOT!!! TUMMMY SHOT!!!! TUMMY SHOT!!!! I think I'm gonna faynt.

Gretchen said...

I think snails have to be sneakier because they can't run away like a lizard. They play mind games and let you think you're winning.

Beware, there slimmy.

Hugs and Happy St. Patrick's Day...G

Angel MoMo and Charlotte said...

Escargots? Are they nice? I have never had it. SS says it might be too rubbery for my liking.

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Too funny, Daisy! We guess snails aren't fun to chase.

Andree said...

That sure is a sweet, naive little snail. I'm actually glad you are not interested in it. Yes, I think prey that is worthy of your intellect and prowess is best. I agree.

Gian Paolo said...

Good thinking, Daisy. It is not right to eat a friend. :)

Unknown said...

oh no snail!! don't trust Daisy she will eat u~~! Run~~!! lol! You can has sneils Daisy?? it do not look yummy...is it?

The Cat Realm said...

Wonderful!!! The friend/escargot line will be a classic!!!
We don't have snails here - so no problem! Karl has been very busy as the lizards have started to come out again. And I think he teaches Emil because Emil has caught a few too!
I'd rather go for birds myself....
Mrs. OZ

Samantha & Mom said...

Yep, it's not much fun trying to catch something that doesn't try very hard to get away! We love your Sunday Comics!
Your Fl furiends,

Quecumber said...

Yes that line is thin... Don't get tipsy with your friend or confusion may settle in!

Anonymous said...

snails are not thrilling enough for you miss daisy..:) I guess you should maintain with the lizards, they keep you healthy..

Related Posts with Thumbnails