Saturday, March 15, 2008

Photo Hunters #60: I Spy

The Photo Hunters theme this week is: I spy. So, all this week I have been looking out my window for something interesting:
And look what I saw! A Little Blue Heron, a Little White Ibis, and a Wood Stork. The reeds by the side of the lake are all brown because we are in a drought. This means not enough water. It has been raining, so the reeds are underwater again. I hope they turn green. Here are the same Wood Stork and Ibis, and two little ducks. Guess which bird holds a special secret in the feathers?
There is a hint in this photo. Can you spy it?
Look! The Wood Stork has beautiful black feathers tucked away under all the white feathers. And he has very funny feets, too.
I wish I could have spied an alligator for you, but I have not seen him for a while. In case you still want to see an alligator in my backyard, click HERE for a link to some alligator pictures.

Share/Bookmark

66 Notes for Daisy:

jams o donnell said...

Wow you got to see some beautiful brds Dausy. Aren't you a bit frustrated to be on the other side of the glass though? Happy weekend!

SnoopyTheGoon said...

Majestic birds and a great shots!

Daisy - you sure know to spy good stuff out.

Have a great weekend!

The Whiskers and Purrs Gang said...

Dearest Daisy,
DANG...them is some big ol' birdies! Shoot...they is kinda spooky lookin'! We know we don't wanna see no owagators...shoot...we might be a snack for them mean ol' things...Daisy, please be careful...we is skeerd you mights be in danger with all them mean birdies and owagators at your house!

Very truly yours,
The Whiskers & Purrs Gang

Motor Home Cats said...

Those are very good spying pictures. We don't have ibis here, but we do have egrets which look very similar. Well, we are off to bed. Mom has to get up in 3-1/2 hours.

Tiki, Tavi, Cody and Camie

Anonymous said...

Daisy, that wood stork... Has Ramses seen him yet?

We have brown tall grass in the Swamp because of the drought too, but it's getting greener! We love all the birds and wildlife at the Swamp! It's it just wonderful. But we're glad you did not Spy the alligator!

Mec said...

that's a lot of beautiful shots :)

btw, my "i spy: is here

Poppy Q said...

What a great view out of your window miss Daisy. I don't get to see birds like that out of mine.

Have a great weekend sweetie.

poppy Q

Mickey's Musings said...

That was a fun Photo Hunt!!!
You have way bigger birds than I do :)
I liked the black feathers !!
Purrs Mickey

Diamond Emerald-Eyes said...

That's not the stork the mancat's club was planning on catching and eating was it?

Tigmut'hep said...

I spied a heron today too as well as lots of crows! :)

Parker said...

We never get to spy big, pretty birds like that here in O Hi O!

Dragonstar said...

Great things you spied today Daisy! I looked at those alligator pictures - I wouldn't want one of those in my backyard! You stay well away from him!

Forty Paws said...

This was a very good "I spy" representation Daisy!

Luf, Us

The Taylor CatSSSSS said...

Beautiful pictures of beautiful birds! Daisy, you sure are a good spy! We always LOVE your blog!!!

CAN'T WAIT FOR SUNDAY COMICS WITH DAISY!!

Daisy said...

Beautiful photos--I love herons! :)

Hootin Anni said...

Love....LOVE your photo on top!!!

Mine is shared....I have two hidden things in two photos...drop by and see if you can find 'em, if you haven't tried yet!! happy weekend....

Anonymous said...

Very cool! :) Wouldn't they be fun to chase?! You know you wanna. C'mon mommy can we go out and play?! Huh?! Can we?!

Happy Hunting.

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

wow daisy, you sure spied some grate stuff today! you are such a thoughtful little thing. very nice...

smiles, auntie bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxxo

Anonymous said...

"Wow" Daisy your so lucky. To have such a great view and big birdies to look at :)

Laila and Angel Minchie said...

You have the most beautiful wildlife there, Daisy. And your grass stays green all year long. Ours is an ugly, dirty brown right now but hopefully soon it will start greening up.

The Misadventures Of Me said...

I likes your green shirt from yesterdays.

That bird is so big, I wonder if its the one that brought Isis her kits?

Sarge Charlie said...

Miss Daisy, you are very good at spying stuff, nice photos

Cindy said...

Nice pictures, Daisy! No lizards for you to spy this week?
I've got goldfish for you to spy on
spy mine here

Rosemary B❤️ said...

You have a really cool backyard Daisy, lots of stuff to spy on....
I think that could keep me busy all day!
We are have a drought too.
purrrs to you and Pix.

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

Oah Daisy,
I am so admiring you have so many beautiful view at your backyard, so great view to see.
I hope I could be there and see as well~!

Your mommy is a great photographer!!

Purr,
Adan

Sabrina, Sam and Simon said...

I wish I had big old birdies like that to spy on, Daisy! You are so lucky!
Purrs and headbutts,
Simon

Dma said...

Nice spying. About the only thing my boyz ever get to see are rabbits, squirrels and robins.

4 Boys and a Lady said...

Thank you for sharing such awesome pictures! Daisy, you're so lucky to be able to see such wildlife in your backyard.

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

Gosh Daisy! Your post got me SUPER excited! I love your animal pictures and wish I had some of those animals in my backyard for my Big World!!
--JB

Asta said...

Daisy
Those birwds awe bootiful..I love the secwet dawk feathews..I do not want to see an alligatow, I'm scawed of them , and I's supew scwed that it could huwt you on one of youw walks
Pleez stay safe
smoochie kisses,Asta

Gemini and Ichiro said...

Daisy I saw it!!! Oh that was so cool!

Can you find me?! I bet you can't. I am hiding real good!

Gemini

jenianddean said...

Great PhotoHunters!!! I love watching the feathers channel on my window too!

-Jasper McKitten-Cat

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

That wuz some good spying of all those fevvers Daisy. We'd be skeered to see the allygators though.

Amber-Mae said...

Oh wow! Imagine if you can catch one for dinner???

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

Our photo hunt involves birds too and something scary that isn't a bird.

We liked your photo hunt the birds were very pretty.

~Scylla, Charybdis & Socks

Anonymous said...

Ah Daisy, an expert on birds as well as on spiders :)

SophieKitty said...

You have lots of cool stuff to look at!

Mo and The Purries said...

That's like having your own wildlife refuge in your own backyard!
I'm glad the gator wasn't hungry for duck! (Or for Daisy!!!)

Have a great weekend, my friend!
luv,
Not the Mama

Black Cat said...

Fantastic photos! My Daddy has alligators nearby too at the marina and there is a sign saying "Please don't feed the alligators" right near where he used to moor his boat! They have been known to kill small dogs and cats so please stay clear of them. If one of them chases you, the best way to escape is to run in a zigzag fashion (very fast!) apparently.

Re. Pi Day, I heard this on the radio (BBC Radio 2) so it must be true...mustn't it...? :) xxx

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Yoo gots some furry kewl birds visiting! We don't think we'd like to see da gators in yoor yard, he might try to eat yoo!

Samantha & Mom said...

Wow, you I SPY so well Daisy! The birds are cool and so neat that the Wood Stork has black feathers. Happy Hunting.
Your FL furiends,

Cecil the Cougar: said...

I think it is much better to spy birdies than alligators!

The Furry Bambinos said...

Oh, my, those birds look tasty, er, um, interesting, yeah, very interesting!

Padre, Panda Bear, and Meerkat

meemsnyc said...

Oh Daisy, what amazing birds you spied! Big pretty birdies!

Teena in Toronto said...

Wow! Look at that concentration!

I played too :)

L. Alida said...

Daisy, you have the coolest yard ever! I would love to live somewhere warm with lots of cool animals to see. Thank you for sharing! Have a wonderful day!
Love and Purrs to you and Pixie,
Lorianna

Just Ducky said...

UMMMMMMM, pretty, tasty fevvers!

Monty Q. Kat said...

I'm glad there weren't any alligators!

Jimmy Joe said...

Wow, Daisy, you have a great backyard to go spying! Although the whole alligator menace is very scary.
Your buddy, Jimmy Joe

Skeezix the Cat said...

It makes me nerviss win yer so close to the water cuz I'm wating for an allygator to jump owt and eet yoo all up!

JesieBlogJourney said...

Wow! Great shots including picture of the bird flapping its wings. You must have had a great timing or just lucky.

Mine is published too, happy photo hunting.

Jan Price said...

That's okay, Daisy. You don't need to spy an alligator for us. But the birds were nice. Samaritan will dream of them tonight. He's a bird dog, you know.

JFF

Myst (Muddy's Brother) said...

You are so lucky to live in a place with so many birds!

mister jeter harris, hizself said...

i jus luv naycher, don't u, daisy.
luv--o'jh

Anonymous said...

great pictures,love the face of the cat,it seems he's spying on me hehehe.

Kimo and Sabi said...

We see . . . we see!

Come visit us tomorrow to see da answer to how many puppies was in da photo.

The Devil Dog said...

Those were some great photos, Daisy. That wood stork is beautiful. We will pass on the alligator. They are scary.

Roxy

Anonymous said...

Oh no! Alimagaters!

I guess if he doesn't bother you, then it's okay. I have a lake behind my house, too. We have snakes and gators and everything in there. So we don't go swimming. And they don't eat us. It's a nice trade.

Tesla and Hansel said...

mao mao!

I wanna play wit dem birds pwease.

Angel MoMo and Charlotte said...

Very nice birdies. I love your green Princess outfit. You are always a princess!

Anonymous said...

Daisy: I left a comment on your gator post, but in case you don't see it, take a look here: http://blog.feefifoto.com/2008/01/dog-pack-attack.html

If you ever need help I bet these guys could protect you from gators and herons.

Rascal said...

"I spy" sounds like a great theme. And you have some fantastic things to spy on.

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

Thats neat stuff ta "I SPY, Daisy!

Unknown said...

oh oh oh!! me wants boids!! Boids!!! Daisy can has so much boid friendz!! me is jelous!!

Andree said...

I wish I could photograph those birds, also. You are so lucky to have such beautiful and exotic birds, Daisy.

CRIZ LAI said...

Wow.. these are some great shots you have there Daisy. I love the last one especially when the stork is flying :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails