Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Tattle Tail Tuesday: The Forbidden Room

For this Tattle Tail Tuesday, I am going to tell you a secret: my Mommie has been trying to lose the same 5 - 10 pounds for almost as long as I have been borned! I do not know why she cannot lose weight, because she has this special room just for exercises. I call it the Forbidden Room because I am Not Allowed to go in there. Except for today.

This first machine is called an exercises bicycle. It is very boring. You pedal it, but you go nowhere. I do not think my Mommie uses this machine.
I do not know the name of this machine. It says "Body Solid" on it, but so far it has not worked very well on my Mommie's body. The seat is pretty comfy though.
I tried to figure out how this machine works, but I do not understand it very well. There are a bunch of heavy metal weights. I guess you have to lift the weights up. Boring.
Now this is something that looks more fun, a big ball! But it is cut in half. This makes it much less fun. So my new saying is: "Cut a ball in half, turn a smile upside-down." Catchy, right?
This thing is called an elliptical trainer. You move your feet on the pedals and go nowhere. This seems a little bit boring, too.
And look! You can even watch television while you go nowhere. That makes it a little bit more fun, if cartoons are on. But still not as fun as going outside in a stroller.
Mommie, I do not know why you cannot lose weight. But I like you just the way you are.
Share/Bookmark

84 Notes for Daisy:

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

Oah My God, Daisy,

Your mommy has her own Gym? That is amazing~!!! Michico says she wants to use them all, even it's boring~!!! Beans are really wierd, aren't they.

I guess your mommy need to chase and hunting lizards like you, maybe her goal will be very easily to reached! Not to worry, I think your mommy's shape is just fine~~

Purr,
Adan

Rebecca Mecomber said...

That is so sweet.

The Meezers or Billy said...

mommy says that you is right - exercises is boring. our mommy goes to a place to walk around in circles. that seems really boring too.

Anonymous said...

Daisy, that is very interesting and exciting that you have a Forbidden Room! Does it have a secret passageway in there?

Maybe, your Mommie is also bored to be in the Forbidden Room and that's why she can't lose her 5 pounds!

Mom says she needs to lose many more than 5 - 10 pounds. Years ago when she was much more physically active, walking around the the Lake, aerobics, etc. she was quite fit, but after she hurt her back and knee, the pounds found her again. ::sigh::

Those pounds seem very sneaky to us.

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

A furrbidden room? that sounds eggsiting. We don't fink your mum looks like she needs to lose weight. Our mum needs to lose much more than that, but we like her nice soft lap.

Parker said...

Mommy says that this looks like a room of boring torture! I say Mommy could use a room of boring torture! HaHaHaHa!

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

That's a very cool exercise room your mom has, Daisy! :) Our humans have a moving sidewalk that goes nowhere - they run a long, long time on it, yet stay in one place. Very strange. They also have something called a "Bowflex." Our humans aren't trying to lose weight, they just want to stay fit, so they can continue to run marathons. Plus, our dad needs to be in good shape for his job, since army officers are supposed to be fit.

Our humans both think exercise is fun. They are strange.

Poppy Q said...

Bless you miss Daisy. We don't have our own gym, just an elliptical like your mommys. It is very good for drying the sheets and holding mums handbag.

I am glad your mommie let you sneak in - that was a great post.

ZOOLATRY said...

Exercise schmexersize. That's what the Zoolatry Human always says. She, too, gots one of them moving sidewalks but it's closed up cause she never uses it... I'd like to try it out but it scares me when it moves.

Isis said...

Your Mommy is keeping those few extra pounds as a soft cushion for you on her tummy, it means you should pummel it more often - especially at 3am when she's fast asleep! Well that's what Ramses says Mummy's tummy is for... ;)

Diamond Emerald-Eyes said...

That large shedding thing that look like lizard? That is my Bean. She get very badly sunburned and all her skins fall off now. So please don't eat her, okay? Thank you.

Alexi said...

Your mommy has her own gym? My beans go to a place full of sweaty beans for that. Stinky badness! It must be really stinky for them 'cause they don't go very often. Better for us when we want to get on their shoulders to ride on them. Plenty of room to rest! Just ask Molly!

Mickey's Musings said...

Mom does not have those things . She would not likely use them either ,hahahahahaha!!!!! So she can't complain about extra pounds then can she ;) She walks,but I do not go with her ,darn

Purrs Mickey

Anonymous said...

That looks like an awesome place to play. Maybe you and your Mom can work out together!

Sabrina, Sam and Simon said...

Our momma has one of those sidewalk things like Dragonheart and Merlin's mommy, and it is in my room so I get to jump on the top of it. That is about all of the use it gets ... except when daddy has to study for his police fitness test. Why would he use that to study for a test?
Purrs and headbutts,
Simon

Cecil the Cougar: said...

That is very nice of you to love your Mommie no matter what, Daisy! I love my fattie batty Mommie too! She has a gym membership, but I do not think she ever uses it. Maybe once a week...haha.

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

your mommie is purrfect just how she is and she loves you bunches. tell her not to worry about it! and to relax a little... and eat a little cake. it's GOOD for her!

smiles, auntie bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Daisy you are hilarious. You always make me laugh. I love: "You can even watch television while you go nowhere." :-) You should be a comedian. And it is very sweet that you love your mom just the way she is because she seems like a really wonderful person. Have a good day Daisy.

Gemini and Ichiro said...

Wow, my human is impressed with your person's gym. Of course my human has been trying to loose the same few pounds but she has added to them recently. She does all the working out too--I think she just eats too much!

Sarge Charlie said...

thanks for the tour Miss Daisy, I agree with you, boring, boring, boring,.... Oh, we all like your mommy like she is.......

Captain Jack and Sir Dante said...

We have one of those exerbikes too, but our Mommy never uses it. What Mommy? Oh you can't use it because of the tendonitis in your ankle? Yeah right! Why should being hurt be any different from when you weren't hurt and had other reason for not using it. Excuses excuses!

Dma said...

love your new saying. i'm gonna try incorporating that in my day to day conversations somehow.

i can relate to your mom's goal and struggle to meet that goal.

Anonymous said...

A Forbidden Room sounds very interesting Daisy and we are glad you finally got to see it. We understand that most beans use those things to hang their clothes on! Beans are very strange sometimes.

jenianddean said...

Mom and dad don't let us in when the moving sidewalk is on. They are scared we will get our paws hurt. I like the ball cut in half. Neat-o!

-Jasper McKitten-Cat

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Daisy

Momma had a thing that she would turn on and just walk on, it made a lot of noise. One time I tried to get on it with her while it was moving and I fell off. I never went near it again after that. I would stand across the room and look at her. She was crazy. Then after she hadn't used this walking machine, she put it in the garage. Now it's a dust magnet.

We are glad Momma got rid of that noisy machine.

Purrs
Abby

Anonymous said...

I think that your mommy should take you strollering more! That will work!
~Queen Snickers

Me has sujestion! Me an mommy has belly dance dvd workouts! Is much fun!! ~Empress

Christine and FAZ said...

Daisy, do you feel fitter after sitting on all that fitness equipment? FAZ

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

I think most beans talk aboutlosing weight from time to time. Whats the big deal? Isn't pleasantly plump a good thing?

andophiroxia said...

I wish I had my own gym.

*crys

I do not know why your mommie needs to lose weight. I saw pictures of her and she looks fine. But I want her room. :________(

Jimmy Joe said...

Wow, your momma sure does have a lot of big boring machines. My momma just has one, something that she steps on. Step, step, step. I don't see her on it very often, though. It is more useful as a hat-rack, I think.
Your buddy, Jimmy Joe

L. Alida said...

Thank you for the tour of the Forbidden Room Daisy. It looks kinda scary! ;) I don't know why, but mommies seem to worry about losing weight more than daddies do. I don't think it's fair. Do you know a few extra pounds prevents bone loss? That's my excuse and I'm sticking with it! Have a Great Day Daisy! Pixie and Mommie too!
Hugs and Purrs

Clover said...

Oh Daisy,
How sweet of you!! Your mommie's forbidden room looks pretty cool though... my mom says she wants to have a room like that. But she doesn't use the room she pays to visit, so I bet she wouldn't use her own either!!
LOve Clover xo

Milton said...

Mine mombean sez that she got tired just looking at all that equipment!

Hey Daisy, you should tell your mom that walking is a really good exercise, and strollering in walking, right? So, she should take you strollering every day!

Asta said...

Daisy
I bet youw Mommi is just pawfect!!!
MyMommi has just one machine, and it lives undew the piano..once in a while it gets dusted, but that's about it hehehe..I think Mommi has stopped twying
smoochie kisses
Asta

Unknown said...

Hi Daisy. We like the way you sat on each machine. You are a very talented tour guide. Has your mommy every tried playin' thunderin herd? We can't get our mombean to play it with us, but it's a fun game and it's our favorite way to stay in shape.

Anonymous said...

That's funny! At my grandparents' house, I have a bathroom I call my "no-no-potty." Ironic, isn't it? (It's really a bathroom for guests, but, my grandma lives by her own motto, "anything for a grandchild" so I get to use it.) I always yell at my mom when she uses it. I've had it since I was little.

Goldie, Shade and Banshee said...

Maybe your mommie loses the weight then puts it back on again so she can hang out in the "forbidden room".

You look very nice in there. Looks a tad scary though.

~Goldie and Shade

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Oh, we kinda haf a room like dat...mostly dad's boxes of junk sit on da machines. We like our mom's skwishy fat, it makes fur a nice soft laying on place.

Icon Baxter Bentley said...

wow, that Forbidden Room is very cool. My mama uses an elliptical machine every day, too. Maybe your mama doesn't need to lose those 5 pounds...

Moki The Wobbly Cat said...

Hi Daisy,

One of my oldest siblings use to live with a kitty called Sissy. Sissy's owners had one of those machines that looks like your "Body Solid," they never used it much, and Sissy never understood why. After awhile Sissy decided to try and help her beans in their workout attempts. She used the machine everyday for it made a great scratching post. Unfortunately, Sissy's beans never caught on and ended up taking the machine to the dump...Sissy was so sad. The machine had given her such a great workout!

Perhaps you can help your beans like Sissy did hers...MOL

catsynth said...

Oh, it looks like you had fun in the forbidden room. Very cute photos.

Now that we don't have any between the main sections of our home, we don't really have "forbidden rooms."

Anonymous said...

Meanwhile, Daisy, you have no exercise equipment whatsoever, and yet you are perfectly proportioned. I think Professor Daisy has much knowledge your mommie could use.

Shaggy and Scout said...

Sounds like mommy thinks the Forbidden Room might be Forbidden to her as well, so she never goes in.
We have a Body Solid thing in our basement gathering dust, but Dad has been using the treadmill alot lately.

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

My mom has a room like that too, but we can go in it. Haha, maybe because my mom does not go in it much herself!
--JB

Figaro the Therapy Cat said...

wow daisy, that is a cool gym!!!! my Mamaw just adopted a new years resolution but she didn't start it until a couple of weeks ago of going to the gym at leasts every otehr day. but she has to leave us to do its. we do not think it will last so long but maybe.
your mommy should just go strollering with you more oftens!!! our mombean would go strollering instead of to the gym with us if we gotted a stroller.
thanks for the birthday wishes!
Veronica

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

Hi Daisy,
I tried to email you separately but got an error, so here is another question because you and your mom are so smart.
I have a teknikle question. My daddy Len says my blog is starting to look too busy. How did you get the dropdowns on your blog? ex:

Awards
Click to see my awards! [+]

Is there an easy way to add to blogger? My mom can't find on the "add a page element".
No rush, just if you get a chance, can you help?
Thanks!
JB

Samantha & Mom said...

We are so glad you got to go into the Forbidden room and investigate!

Thank you for purring Samantha home! Mom was a basket case after looking for two hours, she was crying when she got back home and there was Samantha sitting by the door! She was so excited, she almost squished her to pieces!
Mr. Tigger & Mom

Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

I agree with Adan ... Perhaps your mommy should do some lizard-chasing (an' pouncing) ... That would be good exercise.

DMM

The Furry Kids said...

That is a very cool gym. At least that's what Momma says. I'm with you, Daisy. It's boring. We have a treadmill at our house, but we think it's for drying clothes.

Love,
Tazo

Figaro the Therapy Cat said...

Hi Daisy!
But you go strollering, that is brave!! I am scared of outside because sometimes I hear cars.
This is so embarrassing, I am posting as my sistar. I need my own account but mamaw says I have to share!!
-Figaro

Daisy said...

Daisy, you act just like I do around exercise equipment, LOL!!!!

Nice to look at! :D

HRH Yao-Lin said...

Oh Daisy, your human is slender enough - she is thin and efficient as a human should be! She has nothing to worry about. My human has an elliptical strider which is very similar to your human's. My human goes nowhere on it and certainly doesn't lose any weight.

x

Anonymous said...

Your cats are so cute, I love all of the pictures of them looking curious on the work out machine! They are priceless!!

wordpress best blogs

Anonymous said...

Daisy,
I am going nowhere on my diet, too, so maybe I should get a going-nowhere bike like your mommy's. ;o)

Anonymous said...

Those machines look evil! Tell Mommie she duddn't need em....

Forty Paws said...

Well, we figure your Mommie just needs to take you strollering A LOT MORE EVERYDAY! Then maybe she'll lose that 5-10 lbs. Like go ninety-nine eleven miles everyday.

Luf, Us

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

Mommy says we need a forbidden room and maybe she could lose weight.

She uses the Grandparents treadmill when she goes to visit them. She says it is boring but there is nothing else to do unless the weather is nice and she can take the dog for a walk. ~Scylla, Charybdis & Socks

Spoony Quine said...

` I am so jealous of your Mom! I have to pay lotsa money to go to a large building with many of these machines, and I have to wear earplugs because it's noisy there, and noise makes it very boring.
` In truth, it is exciting when there's no noise to distract you, especially when you have some science reading material... people sometimes ask me if I'm reading it because I'm in school.
` Silly humans! They don't realize I think it's fun!

Spoony the Weird Human.

Bonnie Story said...

Daisy, I'm so happy to know of you as you are truly a celebri-cat! Nice to be mentioned on CNN (cat news network.) Forbidden rooms are fun!! Not everyone is so naturally gorgeous as you, Daisy. But you are right, Mommy is very pretty too. You go girls! -- Pepper via Bonnie

Boy said...

Wow! Your Mommie has a pwetty exciting woom! But it weawwy seems a bit bowing she keeps going nowhere. I think bicycles that can go somewhere are more fun!

I tagged you for a meme Daisy, go see!

Anonymous said...

Oh, you have to work out your mum. Chase her around in the house and play games with her. That will be lots of FUN. I can see why your mum is not losing weight - those machines are just too boring! Perhaps you can do an adventure room out of that gym? With high scratching trees you both could climb?

mister jeter harris, hizself said...

harharhar ... mor heavee metal!
well ... ulook reel good tryin owt all da seetz uv da ekwipment.
did u say we're mickey mantlez?
matsui iz called a sadle an dat mus be da reezon i sumtimez try to ride him!
harharhar!
luv--jh

Unknown said...

Daisy now I see where you get dat long lean legs and arms!! you has own gymz!! me want mai own gim too!! I is ask mai mom!!!

The Devil Dog said...

Wow! That is a really cool room. What a lot of fun stuff. Mom would need a big room, but it would have to be empty, for her to work out.
She practices outside when the weather is nice, but it is hard in the winter.

Roxy

Motor Home Cats said...

Those look like such fun toys. Why won't your mommy let you play on them? We think your mommy is fine just the way she is too.

Tiki, Tavi, Cody and Camie

Max said...

Hmmm...in our house, those are called "clothes racks."

Spike William and Angels China Cat and Willow said...

Willow and I have one of those exercise bikes out in the screened-in porch but we just sit on the seat and watch the birds and bunnies in the sunshine. Our mom used to ride it but it's ours now!

Purrrrrrrrrrs, China Cat

Dr Tweety of da Fab Five said...

Daisy,

You iz sooo tiny. I bets your momee iz tiny too. You cannots loze da weight if you likes tuna & temptashunz. Doez your momee eats tuna & temptashunz? I agree wit you. Ex-sir-size iz most borin.'

MaoMao said...

Wowie kazowie, yur Momma's got a kool gym! My momma would like to loose ten pounds too and she hikes inna mountains efurry othur day but the trubble is she just LOVES FOOD! Just like me. hehe!

yur Mommy is furry purretty! And you look so cute on those ecksercize machinies. I think it would be borin to peddle and peddle and go nowhere, too.

Kittyhugs and purrs from MaoMao!

Skeezix the Cat said...

I'm surprized to heer that yoo don't spend all day in that room becuz it looks like yoo werk owt abowt 8 howrs a day!

meemsnyc said...

Daisy, that is a nice gym your mommy has!! We are so jealous, we go to the YMCA. But we sure wish we had run for a gym like that! It's nice that she allowed you in there for today.

Amber-Mae said...

I wonder why your forbidden firm going into that room? Is it becoz your mom is afraid that you will scratch the seats? kekeke!

Love licks,
Slid Gold Dancer

Girl Girl Hamster said...

Woh the forbidden room looks interesting. But how come those things go nowhere...


~ Girl girl

Nancy Lindquist-Liedel said...

Maybe miss Mommie-Pants is small enough the way she is a perhaps a tad worried over something that is not a big deal. HMMM? Snort.

Your mommy looks like she's the perfect size to snuggle a Daisy and a Pixie, and that's the best size to be.

Do they make running strollers for cats? Think I can invent one and make a fortune?

Deefor said...

Some of those gym things look scary. Glad the seats are comfy. Wish we had a secret room.

Deefor

Sunny's Mommy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sunny's Mommy said...

All those things do seem very boring. If I had to choose between an extra 5 or 10 lbs or being bored, I'd pick the 5 or 10 lbs :-p Because in addition to exercise, you would also need to diet, which would mean no more chocolate. Aaaaiiiiiiieeee, no chocolate or other goodies. The horror!

Tesla and Hansel said...

i go in alla da rooms iz not supposed ta. i likes itz. i live life on da edge.

Doggil said...

I like your blog it has a lot of cool things.

God bless
www.mydoggilicious.com

Quasi said...

Daisy, I have a chapter devoted to dieting, the female human kind, in the sequel to The World Is Your Litter Box. I'll send you the advance chapter as soon as the sequel is finished.

CRIZ LAI said...

Haha..I know one way you can help your Mummy to lose weight. Run around the house and let your Mummy chase you. That's what my babies did and I did lose some weight :P

darlene said...

ahhh,cute post

Chaffee Street Cafe` said...

Daisy, My Mommy is a distributor of the best nutritional products ever and she has lost over 22 pounds and dropped four pants sizes! Your Mommie should visit her site:

http://www.shopherbalife.com/thall1 and then call her Saturday, after 11AM to get a personalized order to help her drop and shed those pounds and inches.

Bobby

Wrigley, Cobalt, & Penelope said...

That is a great exercise room your mom has, Daisy! We are jealous.

You look great on all of the equipment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails