Thursday, March 27, 2008

Thoughts on Thursday: Jumping Beans Make Boring Pets

I have been thinking about my Jumping Bean pets, and I must be honest about them. They are more fun than my Sea Monkeys, but I do not think they are ideal pets. I will explain why. I hope this does not hurt my Beans' feelings. First, and most importantly, my Jumping Beans are not good at playing. I wanted to play a game of Catnip Carrot, and but my Jumping Bean would not play. He just sat there. He did not even jump!
I must also report that my Jumping Beans are not good at making conversation. Here I am waiting for my Jumping Bean to speak. He never did. Not even a single click.
Next I learned that you cannot train a Jumping Bean to use a litter box. In fact, I have never even seen my Jumping Beans go potty. I even put him in my litter box, but he did not perform.
Here is something even more disappointing: Jumping Beans do not enjoy dressing up. Not even in cute Hello Kitty fashions.
And the worst thing of all, Jumping Beans do not enjoy cuddling and napping with me.
So, I have concluded that Jumping Beans are better pets than Sea Monkeys. But just barely.

Share/Bookmark

86 Notes for Daisy:

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

We are sorry to hear that jumping beans do not make good pets, Daisy. You look quite disappointed.

Leslie said...

Oh dear! I am so sorry. :(

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

Dear Daisy,

I am so sorry to know jumping beans can't fit your expect~!
Maybe jumping beans has their own communicate way, just none of us know what that is :>
Cheer up, I am sure there are more thing you could try to be your pet~~

Purr,
Adan

Parker said...

Maybe your bean is ill? Maybe if you get a new batch of beans?
Nah, probably not. They're just boring.

Poppy Q said...

Thanks for trying to make friends with the beans miss daisy. They looked like they would be fun - I guess they aren't good enough to be bestest friends.

Ramses said...

Daisy, what you need is a kitten! They do interesting things and I can happily watch them for hours. They are most entertaining and although they spend a vast time attached to my 'sis or sleeping they manage cute and adorable too! :) Yes, I can safely say a kitten makes a great pet! :)

Queen Snickers, Empress and Princess Renna said...

Sorry that the jumping beans did not meet up to your expectations! :( ~Queen Snickers

Team Tabby said...

We are surprised that your 'jumping' bean did not want to play. That is very disappointing for you. It is not cuddly either, that is too bad. Have a good day anyway and don't let this bother you.

Mindy & Moe

The Meezers or Billy said...

at least the jumping beans did not die. sorry they're not great pets. maybe you need a pony

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry your jumping beans have been disappointing. For what it's worth, I'll cuddle and nap with you anytime.

Anonymous said...

Oh, dear Daisy, we hope you are not too upset. We have learned that we can be a friend to many, but not all will be a friend to us. Thank goodness you have so many friends in the blogosphere, and Pixie, of course!

Mom says she had Sea Monkeys when she was a young girl, and she agrees that they are not as much fun as the box promised.

Mickey's Musings said...

I guess it's hard to find the right pet.Back to the drawing board :/
Purrs Mickey

Cecil the Cougar: said...

Daisy you look very sad that your jumping bean is not conversing with you. This is a very disappointing jumping bean, maybe you should try another one!

jenianddean said...

I'm so sorry to hear that jumping beans don't make good pets. You really did give them every opportunity to be good pets. At least you still have Pixie to play with.....and lizards!

-Jasper McKitten-Cat

Unknown said...

ohhhh awesome!! Jumping bean can be your friendz!! I will jump with you~!!

Scout said...

I am sorry your jumping bean is such a dud. I have never had a pet before so maybe I should start with a jumping bean first to get me used to the idea.

Maybe you should ask for a couple of “pet” lizards?? I am sure they would be good at playing!!

Dma said...

From my own personal experience I must agree that jumping beans aren't much fun once you get bored of their ability to jump.

I think your next pet should be a real monkey. I guarantee that'll liven things up around your house.

Sarge Charlie said...

I am glad you told me all this Miss Daisy, I was thinking about getting a Jumping Bean from the pet store, now I think I would be disappointed like you, I had fun with your sea monkeys

Nancy Lindquist-Liedel said...

Darn it, I was hoping this would work out better than the sea monkeys. Is it time to consider snails?

Runduckzoom.

Monty Q. Kat said...

Hmmm...they do sound kinda dull. Maybe you could get something different, like a bun? :D

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

shoot daisy i once had a pet rock. talk about boring! and try to take it for a walk? heck you had to carry the thing, it would not walk a step.

ha ha ha

smiles, auntie bee
xoxoxoxoxxoxoxoxox

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

We'z sorry to hear dat dem jumping beans did not make good pets. Mom has a pet rock and it is not much fun either. We prefer to play wif each other. Maybe yoo should ask fur a hamster, we hear dey is tasty, er, fun.

Chrissie said...

I wonder if you should try something like a Chia-pet? I've heard they're fuzzy, but don't require grooming, and they're a little bigger than Sea Monkeys or Jumping Beans.

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your ongoing search for a fun and interesting pet. So far, you've found out what doesn't work. Maybe your next one will be the answer.

Artsy Catsy said...

I know, Daisy, it's next to impossible to find a good pet these days. I think that's because nothing can compare to a cat!

Rocky

Shaggy and Scout said...

We were just wondering the other day what became of your beans.
Tell them if they don't start earning their keep, you mom will put them in her next batch of chili.

Mr. Echo said...

I wooda buried the bean in the bocks and gone back to playin with the carrot. It looks like its stuffed full of nippy goodniss. And topped off wif feathers? Daisy I think you are a lucky lucky girl. I need a toy like that for my Thursday 13!!!

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

Awwwww Daisy....I guess you will have to continue your quest for the purrfect pet.

Diamond Emerald-Eyes said...

I'm not sure you want a pet so much as you want a sisfur. Oh wait...you have one of those...

Gemini and Ichiro said...

No, they do not look like good pets. I can't believe they do not even talk to you.

L. Alida said...

Maybe the bean is tired? Well, at least you don't have to share your toys with it and it won't steal your Temptations. :) I hope you have a fun, not boring day Daisy!
Hugs and Purrs to You and Pixie,
Lorianna

andophiroxia said...

Get a moth. Those are cool and are loads of fun. And if you are bored, you can eat them.

Probably better than lizards, if they bite you, it doesn't matter.

Milton said...

Ya know, Daisy, as much fun as pets are, I think you should take up farming. I just love it!
Because you live in the 'Sunshine State' you could grow all kinds of cool stuff, like bananas.
Think of how proud you'd feel if you gave Pixie a fresh, home grown banana!

Unknown said...

We're sorry to hear that your jumpin' bean isn't so good a pet. Maybe you should try something different. Maybe a goldfish or a mousie.

Lux said...

Now that you've explained all this with such great examples, I think I'll skip on the jumping beans for a pet! ;-)

Clover said...

Hey Daisy,
Thanks for always sharing your insights with us. I would certainly be able to use your advice if I was trying to decide on a pet for myself...
Love Clover xo

MYM said...

LOL ... the look on your little face while waiting for the bean to talk is just priceless :)

The Furry Kids said...

They do look pretty boring. I though for sure that they'd wear cute fashions. Or at least JUMP. I'm sorry you're disappointed Daisy. Maybe you could get a fishie? I think a fishie would be a super pet. But we are not allowed to have one.:(

Love,
Tazo

Anonymous said...

Daisy: maybe the jumping beans are just really good listeners.

If you're looking for a new pet, have you considered a hermit crab?

Asta said...

Daisy
That is vewy disappointing..I would cuddel with you and play dwess up..that jumping bean doesn't appweciate what a gweat fwiend you'd make..well you stillhave youw snail fwiend
smoochie kisses
Asta

Tybalt said...

How very disappointing for you, Daisy. :( Do you think if you keep taking good care of your beans, even as boring as they are, that your mommy will let you have something more entertaining as a pet . . . like a fishie? I'm still hoping that mommy gets me another fishie.

Anonymous said...

You know I gotta say, I come here on an almost daily basis and the trials and tribulations of Daisy is hilarious some days. Makes me want to start a blog up for my little ones.

Amber-Mae said...

That's sooo sad...Maybe you should crack them open.

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwwwwwwww.. that is so cute!

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

Sorry Daisy, we hope you find a good pet soon

Scylla, Charybdis & Sock

PB 'n J said...

Well you are taking very good care of them - maybe one day you'll be able to get your own fishy!

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Daisy

I guess they are only good for jumping other beans?

Purrs
Abby

Mo and The Purries said...

You do look disappointed, Daisy dear!
The good news is that they can just be dropped in the litter box and don't have to be flushed when they go to the jumping bean rainbow bridge (I mean,they do a mean poo impersonation in there...)

luv,
not the mama

Bogdan, the editor said...

Maybe you should buy the Jumping Bean smaller fashions.

Icon Baxter Bentley said...

I am sorry that your jumping bean was not a good pet. he did not look like he wanted to have fun, and you sure did try hard!

Anonymous said...

Daisy, I think you'd need a microscope to view any performance in the litter box.

I think your jumping bean might like to be warmed up by a blow dryer--might make him jump

Cara said...

My kitty would be happy to adopt the jumping bean from you :-)

TheSlyCat said...

That is sad. I wonder what other kind of pets would be good for you.

The Whiskers and Purrs Gang said...

Dearest Daisy,
You would think with a name like "jumpin' bean" it would at least want to jump. That's false advertisin'!

Very truly yours,
The Whiskers & Purrs Gang

TheSlyCat said...

That is sad. I wonder what other kind of pets would be good for you.

Anonymous said...

Jumping beans, what curious creatures...

Anonymous said...

If those jumpin' bean ain't fun to play with, are they tasty to eat?

Babs (Beetle) said...

Sukie says: My sister Mitzi brings her own pets home. Big fat worms! Mummy gets rid of them though, so Mitzi get some more :O)

Jans Funny Farm said...

Sounds like you need a new pet. How about a kitten? Or a hamster? You could dress them up, they would talk and go in the litterbox - and play with you.

Shilgiah the Cat said...

Thanks for this infomative lesson on jumping beans! The look as boring as they sound.

Maybe a lizard friend would be a lot more fun, although I don't know if they enjoy dressing up.

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

You're right Daisy, that jumping bean doesn't do much duz it. Mebbe George will be your pet.

SophieKitty said...

Bummer! How about a turtle?

Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

Hmmm ... I wonder why your Jumping Bean is so lazy? Perhaps you should bury him in the litter box? That might wake him up a bit.
DMM

MaoMao said...

hehehe, Daisy! I like how you like to check efurrything out so karefully -- you are a furry good furriend to the jumpin bean efun if he isn't furry ecksiting.

Kittyhugs and purrs from MaoMao!

meemsnyc said...

Jumping beans do look boring.

Anonymous said...

You'll find the purrfect pet companion soon, daisy....

Anonymous said...

Yes... but I bet they would taste good! ~Fiona Bun

Miz Allie Cat said...

Not too cozy are they??? My mommy says they are not for me either....naw...I's likes the catter nipper stuff much better...and then I make my own jumping beans....meow....me....

TRIPPER THE PSYKO STRAY CAT said...

YER BEENS ARE NOT VARY PUHLITE ARE YOO TEECHING THEM MANNERS I'LL PLAY THE CATNIP CARROT GAME WITH YOO CUZ I LOVE MY CATNIP CARROT I WOODN'T EVEN HOG IT TOO MUCH IF WE PLAYED TOGETHER AND THEN WE COOD BUNNYKIK!!!!

The Misadventures Of Me said...

It's too bads that your jumping beans can not performs so well. Maybe they don'ts speak kitty and can nots understand you?

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

Maybe you should eat the jumping bean?
--JB

The Devil Dog said...

Oh, that is too bad, Daisy. It is always nice to have friends, or pets, but it is helpful if they do something.

Roxy

Motor Home Cats said...

We are sorry that the beans are boring. We think your next pet should be a fish. They are much more entertaining - and when you get bored with it, you can eat it - mol.

Tiki, Tavi, Cody and Camie

Tara said...

Hmmm... I think I'd trade that bean in for a lizard...

Tara

Karen Jo said...

I am sorry that your jumping beans turned out to be such boring pets. Since you have taken such good care of them, maybe your Mom will let you have something more lively for a pet next time, like a fish.

Karen Jo said...

I forgot again, darn it. I tagged you for the Make a Wish Meme.

Girl Girl Hamster said...

Oh.. I think you need to get a more interesting pet

~ Girl girl

Rosie & Cheeto said...

hmmm, that's too bad, but we have more pet sugjeshtuns fur yoo to considur.

How about a pet rock or one of thowse elektronik pet thingies?

Oh oh, maybe a mistur potayto man with funnie faces and glassis!?! Owr lady calls it a mr. Potayto head, but it has arms and legs so its not just a head.

Anonymous said...

The mind of pet really go mad of trying to catch the jumping beans. I really enjoy the game of that.

Figaro the Therapy Cat said...

what is a jumping bean????
you are lucky, I don't get to have any pets although yesterday a bunny came in our backyard and ate some celerys we put out for him.
we used to have a frog in the backyard but we thinks it died because of the cold weathers.
veronica

Boy said...

Oh dear...I'm sowwy to hear that those jumping beans are onwy swightwy better than sea monkeys! Mine sea monkeys all went to be Bwidge too, even though I did mine best to take care of them! And mine fighting fish went to the Bwidge too! Maybe we should find some other better pets, Daisy!

Sunny's Mommy said...

Is it possible he's deaded? I think you should tell your Mommie that you want a lizard, or two, as your next pet!

Wrigley, Cobalt, & Penelope said...

We don't understand why the jumping bean doesn't want to play with you. We bet you are lots of fun to play with. We would certainly jump at the opportunity. HAH!

crpitt said...

I think the jumping beans look like fun and with those claws willy would be ripped to shreds! :0

:)

Cats~Goats~Quotes said...

At least you tried. Seems like they would at least jump a little for you.

We are looking forward to your next pet!

~ The Bunch

Debbie said...

Most people can enjoy the land hermit crab as a pet. With no need to walk during all types of bad weather and no pet hair or dander, pet allergies are not a problem.

Related Posts with Thumbnails