Thursday, March 13, 2008

Thoughts on Thursday: Truth in Advertising

Today we are going to learn about Truth in Advertising by conducting a little experiment. Here is a package of Magic Grow Super Size. The package says just drop in water and it grows and grows. SUPER SIZE! I have selected the magic lizard for this experiment.
Here is our container of water. I am carefully inspecting the "before" lizard. He is nothing special. I cannot wait for him to grow SUPER SIZE!
Here he is in the water. I tapped on the glass, but he did not move. I guess he grows very slowly. Now we must wait, and wait, and wait, and wait.... for days. This is the hard part.
At last, he is done growing. Hmmm. I am a little suspicious. Because he does not look SUPER SIZE.
Let's take him out of the water and look closely. Yep, he is just Average Sized now.
Let me check the package again...
It says he is supposed to grow to INCREDIBLE SIZE!
I am disappointed in my Magic Grow Super Size. But if this toy was called "Magic Grow Average Size" then I might not have bought him. I feel a little bit sad that I wasted my allowance.

Professor Daisy's Tip for Cats: Do not believe everything you read on the package.
Share/Bookmark

83 Notes for Daisy:

Jake and Bathsheba said...

Poor Daisy. But if he really grew to SUPER SIZE, he might eat YOU.

Love,
~J&B

Poppy Q said...

Thank you for that important lesson.

I is glad you likes the hats - we didn't know if pussycats would like them.

We have just a few weeks before our daylight savings changes, but it is nice to catch up with you earlier in our evening.

Poppy Q

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

OAH My!!
How come the size is just becoming like that only~~~ Should become bigger than you could sleep on it~

Thank you for your very important lesson~!!!! I learn so so much today~~ I should ask Michico come to see, because she might buy something not right.

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much, Prof. Daisy. It has been an important lesson.

Sorry about your allowance, maybe ur mommie can make u an advance of temptations to make u feel better?

Scritches to you and Pixie. :D

Parker said...

What a waste of your allowance!

Anonymous said...

Daisy, that was very interesting! Even if he didn't grow to incredible size. I don't know where you find these wonderful toys! Besides, he looked bigger than our average lizard.

Now, we need to ask you something very, very important. Would you please tell our Mom that we need an allowance, too?

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Thank you for that very important lesson, Daisy. The lizard did grow, but certainly not to super size.

Icon Baxter Bentley said...

hummm, it says up to 600% bigger.

I am sorry he was not a Super Sized lizard.

The Taylor CatSSSSS said...

You are right! That lizard did not grow to SUPER SIZE! But, did he taste good???

Thank you Professor Daisy for this great experiment!

Leslie said...

Daisy - that is top notch.
Our mom says you are the ant's pants. Then she said you were the bees knees.

H'mm. She says it is a really good compliment but it saounds funny to me, but then, I am only a little Siamese....

I think you are the Siameses knees.

*chortle*
*chortle*
*choke*

None said...

Sorry about your average sized lizard, I think he deserves a bitey for the disappointment.

Purrrs, Tamra

The Meezers or Billy said...

we're still amazed that you gets an allowance. i would haf put the bitey on the average size lizzerd - Miles

Isis said...

Oh well it's sad about your lizard toy Daisy, but d'boy got a grow your own super size croc a few weeks ago and we've been worrying aboput just how big it'd get and would he have to grow it in the bath tub as that's the only place big enough! ;)

Purrs,
Isis

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cecil the Cougar: said...

I learned this lesson the hard way when I was still a tiny baby cat and had just come home to my Mommie's house. We returned home from the V-E-T with a little bottle that said, "two drops per day to make the earsies feel better" because I had buggies in my ears. Well I will tell you Daisy, those two drops did NOT make my earsies feel better. It was AWFUL. I had to shake my head so hard to get those drops to come out!!!

Moral of the story: don't believe packages or the V-E-T.

Rosemary B❤️ said...

tsk, what a waste... maybe you can toss him out to the other ordinary sized lizards lingering around your domain.

purrs

Dma said...

yeah i'm not sure i'd want to be around a super size lizard. average is usually OK.

Laila and Angel Minchie said...

What a rip off! Better stick to the real lizards, Daisy.

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

but does his tail come off? ha ha ha

smiles, auntie bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxxoxoxoxo

Monty Q. Kat said...

What do you do with him now? Do you have to dehydrate him to get him back in the package?

Wait, dried lizard flakes over cottage cheese...hold that lizard!

Mickey's Musings said...

Thanks for the great tip! I will be sure to not set my hopes up too high :)
Purrs Mickey

PeeEss: I am happy to hear about Taco.I love it when kitties get forever homes :)

Jessica said...

I loved that you had the average sized lizard on a plate!

Forty Paws said...

Bummer. Where do you find this stuff?

How is your bananer luffin sisfur, Pixie doing?

Luf, Us

Boy said...

Maybe he needs to swim in the water a wittle wonger?

The Furry Kids said...

I think that lizard deserves a bitey.

E O'G

jenianddean said...

I'm sorry you were disappointed, but remember, at least you got a lizard out of the deal, and that's a win. Plus, if he grew to super size, he might have been scary!
--Jasper

Nancy Lindquist-Liedel said...

While Godzilla might look like good eating, I suspect he's tough. So perhaps average size lizards are more tender. Just a thought :)

Wael in Panama said...

We are not so good in maths, but we DID notice the tricky words "up to" as in "Grows UP TO 600%". Nastiness...but as Jasp says...least you got a ugly lizard thing to toss around.

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

Nasty advertising!!!!!!!! I think they should reimburse you!

Anonymous said...

Professor Daily, you always have such good advice.

Buddy

The Ginger Darlings said...

We are sorry that your supersize lizard was super small. This is why we are getting Her to paint you big lizard dragons. Meanwhile Hannah got a grow your own Buddha for Christmas. As it grew in the water her enlightenment was supposed to grow too, but she still has not achieved Nirvana and still covets things of a material nature. Oh well, you are right Professor Daisy, do not believe all that is written, anywhere.

Mr. Hendrix said...

I'm so sorry you were disappointed. My mommy does marketing and she always tells the truth about her products and services. It is sad that there are cheaters out there. I hope you get your money back.

LZ said...

I wonder what would happen if you put him in a bathtub and left him for a week? Hmmm....

Chase

Rebecca Mecomber said...

Thanks, Daisy. I was wanting to buy one of those lizards. Now I know.

PB 'n J said...

Chase might be on to something - maybe you need more water! We're sorry that you were disappointed in the lizard, but it is a good lesson to learn!

Shaggy and Scout said...

What if you woulda dropped him in the bathtub? Maybe they grow to the size of their container????? Whoa, on that thought, how about in the pond out in your back yard??????

L. Alida said...

I have seen toys like that in stores Daisy, and have wondered about them and their claims of growing. Thanks to you I know the truth. Maybe you can play with him anyway. :) I hope you and Pixie have a super, happy day!
Hugs and Purrs Honey,
Lorianna

Queen Snickers, Empress and Princess Renna said...

Aw sorry Daisy, was he squishy at least?

Copito said...

Wow, that lizard is so big!

Nice day for you Daisy and Pixie

='·'=

Gemini and Ichiro said...

Hmm... I think that is important to know. How can they call him supersize when he is only average?

Anonymous said...

It's called Marketing. Auntie Lois did that for a living...then got 'retired of it! (LOL!)

Carrie said...

Hmm, that lizard does not look super-sized for certain. But compared to the one you catched the ofur day, he is pretty big!

Perhaps a few biteys are in order anyway, for being not so big as he should have been!

Mo and The Purries said...

"Do not believe everything on the package" - that's great advice, Professor!

I put up a very special post for you & your mommie today, Daisy - I even turned my blog PINK to celebrate your Daisyliciousness today!
luv,
Not The Mama

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

Good advice, Daisy. ~Scylla, Charybdis & Socks

The Crew said...

My advice is to return this defective lizard and demand a refund.

The Misadventures Of Me said...

If that lizard grew really super size, you woulds have plenty of meat for a HUGE party for all the kitty bloggers.

Diamond Emerald-Eyes said...

I don't know Daisy, that look MUCH bigger than the ones you usually play with. I mean, would you REALLY want one the size of Godzilla around that could step on you with it's foot?

Tybalt said...

How very sad that he only grew to be "average." Do you think he is as disappointed in his lack of growth as you are? What if the super-sized lizards all make fun of him now?

Skeezix the Cat said...

Do yoo know if water will supersize evrything? Cuz win I was a kittin my ears got put in water a lot cuz I kept gitting poop 'n' Fansy Feest on them, and they got supersized. Maybe I shood try that with my Spot 14. I try gitting it wet with my tung A LOT, but, as the fameus Jeter Harris wood say..... NUTHIN.

Icon Baxter Bentley said...

Daisy, the bald spot is my ouchie. It was not shaved, and Dr P wasn't sure if it is ringworm, but she gave my new person some drops to rub on it.

-Greta

Marilyn said...

Wow... great investigative reporting. Thank you.

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Daisy

He still looks bigger than the lizards around here.

Wow
Purrs
Abby

The Whiskers and Purrs Gang said...

Dearest Daisy,
Buyer Beware! We is glad the lizard didn't git to be too big, though...he looked mean and skeery!

Very truly yours,
The Whiskers & Purrs Gang

Dream Mom said...

Daisy-I saw something that I thought you would like today. I mentioned it on Poppy Q's site however I thought of you when I saw the "pink" kitty wig. That's right, it's wigs for cats. There is a beautiful pink one that might look pretty with your pink faux leopard coat. Check it out at http://kittywigs.com

Maybe your Mum could get you a pretty pink sportscar and you could sit in it with your new pink wig and coat. I still think your Mum should change your blog name to Daisy, the Curly Gurly Cat.

P.S. I am pretty sure you and I were destined to be friends-we both like fashion and the color pink.

Punkin said...

Hi Daisy
Thank you fow the info. I wemembew those lizords ins Flowida. Glad theys do not grows to big.

Lickies to you

Punkin

The WriggleButts said...

What a bummer, Daisy. But have you thought he might have needed a bigger place to grow? Like the tub? Or a local swimming pool? Cause you put him in an average size container so he might not have wanted to grow too big for his house. Just a thought!

Kisses, The WriggleButts

Anonymous said...

So cute!!! Makes me miss my cat.

Asta said...

Daisy
I'm so sowwy you wewe disappointed..that is just wong to lie like that..he was definitely NOT supew size..600%..I don't think so!

I feel bad about the towew, but not about having the extwa slice of pizza, heheh
smoochie kisses,Asta

Anonymous said...

Maybe it's a good thing it didn't grow 600% bigger, 'cause then it would be bigger than you and it might try to eat your face!!!

Clover said...

Oh I have missed reading your blog, Daisy! I am just about back to regular blogging now and I am happy I can stop by to visit you more often. Sorry your lizard didn't grow to a super size... he might be fun to play with anyway?
Love Clover xo

admin said...

we always remember of what our mommie's brother used to say (coz he's a martial artist)...belive in what you feel, not what you see!

The Wanderer said...

I is super sorry you losted too! You has lots and lots more readers the me and you losted! I can't beweilve it!!

Unknown said...

that is very disappointing, Daisy!

Dottie said...

I love this blog! First time here via Mo's blog. I love the pictures!

Tiger Lily said...

But Daisy scientific research does not always turn out the way our theories suggest. Perhaps you should write a grant so you do not have to use your allowance for these things.

dennis said...

Dennis likes how Daisy looks when she is concentrating. She is smart AND pretty. Dennis is no good at nursing sick humans (who do not give Dennis an allowance)

Anonymous said...

It's probably just as well that the lizard didn't turn into Godzilla by way of Jurassic Park. Anyway, thanks for investigating these things like sea monkeys and jumping beans.

My human always says that you don't learn anything when everything goes right. (He also says you don't learn much when your mouth is open, and I want to tell him he's missing a golden opportunity to close his own mouth and learn something.)

Figaro the Therapy Cat said...

Hi Daisy,
that is not super sized at all! I am disappointed.
We got some spongies from Trader Joe that grow in size. they grow from a small cracker size to an average spongie, but not super size spongie.
I want a stroller REAL bad, do you have one??? right now it is snow outside but soon soon soon will be warm enough for WALKS!
I think parents may give in now that my brother is in training to be a therapy cat.
do you get allounce?? I want allounce, I could save up for STROLLER!
-Veronica

Anonymous said...

We are disappointed too, Daisy. I (Ruis) just thought this would be a great present to give Karl for his 1st blogoversary next month. Thank you for testing it out!

Karl & Ruis

meemsnyc said...

That is still a neat little lizard growing trick! It does look bigger than when it started. Not giant in any standard. But big.

Maggie Moo said...

Holy COW! 600% bigger?!?!?! That's big. :)

SophieKitty said...

Bummer! I'm sorry your lizard didn't grow "super size."

Chrissie said...

I wonder if he had grown to SUPER SIZE would he have been as big as Godzilla?

Girl Girl Hamster said...

Aw... the false advertising made you waste your allowance... You think if you drop the lizard into a big area like a swimming pool, it'll grow bigger??

~ Girl girl

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the great tip, Daisy.
Not the momma sent me over. I hope today has been a super day for you! :)

The Devil Dog said...

Dear Daisy, that is very true. We are sorry about your allowance. (I bet he wouldn't have tasted good, either)

Roxy

Anonymous said...

Yes, but how does it taste?

Anonymous said...

But, Daisy, science is all about coming up with a hypothesis, then doing tests to disprove the hypothesis. And you did a great job with that. You might even get nominated for a Nobel prize in Science for such a worthy experiment.

Amazing Gracie said...

Loved the post that "Not the Mama" did. Maybe if you try more reefer madness, that lizard will look as big as you'd like!
~~~Blessings~~~

Amber-Mae said...

Oh no! Now, why didn't it grow SUPER SIZE? Totally unfair!

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

Motor Home Cats said...

That was a very good lesson to learn. You are so lucky that your mom helps you learn these lessons.

Tiki, Tavi, Cody and Camie

Anonymous said...

Is this a new toy for our cute daisy?

Anonymous said...

"Yeah" that stinks. Mom and the niece
thingy have learn this lesson all too well.

Related Posts with Thumbnails