Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Fun Feline Facts

Did you know that cat saliva is said to contain a deodorizing, detergent-like substance that keeps our coats clean?
Sometimes after I groom my coat, my Mommie likes to smell my furs because it has a faint sweet, soapy smell.
This is how you can check to see if you have bad breaths. Yep, my breaths are good.

Share/Bookmark

75 Notes for Daisy:

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

Hahahaha~~~
DAISY~~~
I am sure all the girl's breath's are great, especially the girl who loves pink!

Poppy Q said...

Daisy I bet your breath is kissable, don't you look sweet in that picture.

Thanks for the grooming tips.

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Yep, we knew that Daisy! :) You look very cute cleaning your furs and checking your breath!

Anonymous said...

Hi Daisy of the sweet breath! Did you know that cats also manufacture vitamin D from grooming their coats?

The Whiskers and Purrs Gang said...

Dearest Daisy,
You are the smarterest girl in the whole wide world.

Very truly yours,
The Whiskers & Purrs Gang

Parker said...

Mommy loves to smell our furs too - we all smell like soap - I guess we are good groomers too!

Anonymous said...

Yup, that's true! Mom was just telling our Nana that the other day!

We think you probably smell Fresh as a Daisy, though!

The Taylor CatSSSSS said...

Daisy, your breath has to be as sweet as you are!

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

We didn't know that, maybe Mommy will let us groom her hair now. ~Socks, Scylla & Charybdis

Louche Tabby said...

.....ahem....I have been taking issue with Mousie's breath lately...anyway....supposedly a kits tongue stimulates the oil production in the skin and the oil coats the furrs so it is water repellant.....so there!.......

The Meezers or Billy said...

those was inneresting facts Professor Daisy!! and you look so cute checking your breafs. Now if only Billy would do that 'afore he breathes on us.

Ramses said...

Oh yer it's much nicer to kiss a cat with nice breath! ;)

Mickey's Musings said...

That's a good thing too!!! That way,Mom never has to try to give me a bath!!!!!! Water is just for drinking!!
Does your breath ever smell like lizard ? Heehee
Purrs Mickey

Donna said...

That is so interesting, Daisy! You should get your own show. You are smarter than David Attenborough.

Cats~Goats~Quotes said...

You look very kissable, Daisy!!

None said...

hihi you look funny smelling your paw! I used to have bad breath for a long time while I was teething, lady servant would put cold water cloths on my gums and absorb the blood. But I have all my teeth now and good... ok better breath because I'm a whole one year old grown up! Thanks for the birthday wishes.

Purrrs, Tamra

Sabrina, Sam and Simon said...

You have quite the impressive tongue Daisy! Purrfect for grooming your beautiful furrs. Momma wants to give you a kissy!
Purrs and headbutts,
Sabrina, Sam and Simon

Sarge Charlie said...

I did not know that Miss Daisy, I learned something today.

Dma said...

i like that soapy smell as well. ever take an altoid when your breath doesn't smell so good?

Cecil the Cougar: said...

My Mommie is always sniffing my furrs, I thought she was pretty weird but I guess it is because I naturally smell so mancatly and wonderful! Fanks for the information!

PS: I has tagged you for a Meme!

Babs (Beetle) said...

You are very clever Daisy, and you look very cute checking your breath!

Purrs, Sukie X

Laila and Angel Minchie said...

In the morning when Mom is still in bed I like to wash her hair with my tongue and she just yells at me to stop. She says you'd think after 16 years of yelling, I'd get the hint. NOT!

Jans Funny Farm said...

Oh, Daisy, you are so funny. We're glad you don't have bad breath.

Thoughts said...

Hi Daisy!

Our Mother has always told us that we have special spit too :)

Sasha and Theodore

Shaggy and Scout said...

Thanks for the info Daisy. We didn't know that. Now mom's gonna be stalking us to sniff our furs.

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

well that was interesting, thank you daisy for the informative post! you are sooooo smart!

smiles, auntie bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Evergreen loves Kilroy said...

Wow Daisy, you have such pretty furs!! My mommy likes to smell my furs too. But Gramma likes to SNORF my fur and say it smells like fabric softener, and then her eyes get all puffy and she can't talk right cuz she's allergic to something called "dander" (she musta been sniffin' too many danderlions).

Quasi said...

Thanks for the grooming tips. I would expect nothing less from the world's premiere feline model! I agree, it is important to give oneself a thorough lick-bath several times a day.

The Crew said...

Daisy dear, everyone knows you are perfect. How could your breath be bad?!

Mr. Echo said...

Dats cool! I diddint know that. Must be why Tenny's breth is bedder than Daddy's. We'd bury his dragonbreth if we kood.

Tybalt said...

Daisy, you are such a smart kitty! I learned something new today about us. Purrrs!

jenianddean said...

I don't know if Huggy Bear or Maggie have this, because sometimes they smell "catty" which I don't think is necessarily bad, but Mom's not always a fan.
--Jasper

Goldie, Shade and Banshee said...

Very interesting! Now I know why the PM is always smelling me. I thought she was crazy!

L. Alida said...

Wow, Daisy! I knew kitty's could actually heal wounds with their saliva, but I didn't realize it had detergent properties. Tookie's fur always had a faint scent of cinnamon. I miss that, but I do like the soft soapy scent of Cricket. Cody has a woodsy scent. Billie is kind of soapy too. :) Cricket will actually lick a scratch on my hand sometimes and it does seem to heal faster.
Cats are truly amazing!
I hope you have an amazing and wonderful day!
Hugs and Smoochies,
Lorianna

Gemini and Ichiro said...

Daisy, I bet you always have good breathe. My human says mine is always bad.

LZ said...

Oh the Lap Lady LOVES to smell our wet fur. She says its great and we all have our own specific smells. She also thinks its funny when I meeze in her face and I blow my fishy breath her way.

Kaze

Unknown said...

Daisy that is very informative!

The last picture of you checking your breath made my Mummy laff and laff and laff....

Victor Tabbycat said...

See, dat's why I groom my beans' head furs. I wanna make them smell better, specially the boy. Purrs!

The Furry Kids said...

I wish The Mom's breath smelled like soap. Sometimes she has terrible dragon breath. :gag:

EG

Tanj,Uschi&Vladi said...

Nice tongue Daisy,... your photos are so sharp,...

Evergreen loves Kilroy said...

P.S. I tagged you for a meme, Daisy. I hope you like it. :)

The Misadventures Of Me said...

Wow! Mommy Bean's did not know that we has detergent breaths.

Kitty fur has to smell better than woofie fur. At least I hopes so, I don'ts want Jake to gets my share of the sniffys from Mommy Bean.

Anonymous said...

Very nice, Daisy. You obviously remember that cleanliness is next to catliness!

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Speedy hafs bad bref...sometimes it's worser den others but even wif bad bref his furs smell good. Oh, and mom loves to sniff our ears. She sez dey smell like perfume. Isn't dat silly.

mister jeter harris, hizself said...

colonel mustard??????
harharhar!
luv--jh

Anonymous said...

I never knew that .See mom I don't need any baths...Thanks Daisy :)

Chrissie said...

A-Ha! Your mommie is a FUR-SNIFFER! Just like mine! My mom is convinced that daily inhalation of cat furs and danders,plus the occasional booster shot of cat spit in her water (that she doesn't know about) are the key to her continued good health! Everyone should have a cat!

TheSlyCat said...

Thank you very much. have a great day.

Anonymous said...

I'm always cleaning DKM's fur because she smells!

Queen Snickers, Empress and Princess Renna said...

I with puppies had deodorant breath PU!! ~Queen Snickers

Anonymous said...

that is true..meow..and yous make some good spit...purr...

Anonymous said...

Daisy you could never have bad breaths! Our mom likes to bury her face in our fur too, sometimes moms are kind of strange.

Kimo and Sabi said...

Cat saliva can also KILL! Our Mommakitty wuz bit in da achilles tendon by one of her former cats (who wuz just playin' around) - da saliva gotted in her blood stream and swelled up her foot and leg and she hadded to go to da hospital and git a shot and medicines! Kimo's breath smells like dingleberries - hahahaha!
Sabi

Tommy and Teaghan said...

Hmmmm. Daisy I like da fact dat yoo has nice breaf. Mine is not so good. Mommie had to start brushin my teefies coz it smelt bad. It makes Angies furs smell bad too, not nice like yurs does to yur furs.
~Bad breaf Beau Beau

Asta said...

Daisy
I suwe wish Icouldbe gwoomed by you instead of Mommi
smoochie kisses
Asta

Irishcoda said...

I had no idea! I learn something new everyday!!! Thanks for your well wishes for my hubby TB...the double dosing of antibiotics seems to be working!

dennis said...

Dennis says there's more info! people are often allergic to dogs and not cats--because Dog dander is an allergen, and the cat saliva is strong and nice! so if it is truly a dander allergy, you shouldn't be allergic to cats, just dogs.

ps if you are allergic to the chemical in the saliva, then cats will make you sneeze.

usually a bad reaction to cats is just "the straw that broke the camel's back" many dormant allergens brought to the surface by a little cat (or by perfume or detergents)

usually a food allergy--yep something you eat a lot of--is the true culprit and cause of all the woes.

Cat Street Boyz said...

Aw Daisy, how cute....maybe you have a magic tongue 'cause though we keep ourselves clean we don't smell like soap. Bet you are taking sink baths, lol..=^Y^=

Anonymous said...

so cute. the last picture is my fav. daisy looks like a debutant. covering her mouth as she speaks.

Speedcat Hollydale said...

Now how did the kitty get such good breff??

Hi Daisy! You are my favorite cat.

Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

Mom agrees ... She says that Fudge Ripple smelled the best (like cookies an' Ivory soap). Cat spit definitely rules over stinky woofie spit, huh!?

DMM

Moki The Wobbly Cat said...

So what happens when you have stinky and I mean stinky breath like Orange Boy? Does this mean he has a dirty mouth? Hahaha...

Motor Home Cats said...

Daisy, we love your spit curls. You must have very sweet breath, because you couldn't have anything else.

Tiki, Tavi, Cody and Camie

Girl Girl Hamster said...

That sure is clever Daisy. I wish I can smell my breath like you

~ Girl girl

Tyler said...

Oh Daisy, I don't believe you ever have bad breath.

Tyler said...

Oh Daisy, I don't believe you ever have bad breath.

Skeezix the Cat said...

Maybe yoo cood git yer spit on me so I cood smell it? It mite make me less stinkey.

Southbaygirl said...

Daisy, We had no doubt that your breathe was sweet smelling!!! because you are so sweet!

Kodak, Winton and 3 perf

Felix, Garfield & Jawsy said...

Tee hee... U sure did a good breath test there, Daisy. That was cute. :D
*muacks*

Anonymous said...

What she is doing?Very funny.

Anonymous said...

She is like a wise man.Thanks for the post.

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

I think my breath and furs smell good, but my sister PooPoo's do not.
--JB

Sunny's Mommy said...

A clean cat is a good cat :-) And fresh breath is important, too.

Cindy Garber Iverson said...

Well, that must be why if someone is allergic to kitties they are allergic to kitty saliva.

Hubby likes the smell of newly washed kitty fur too. I'll bet he'd love the smell of you, Daisy.

Hugs and purrs,
Cindy at Rosehaven Cottage

Andree said...

gee, that's how I check my breath, too! Isn't that such a coincidence!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails