Monday, May 5, 2008

Monday Mystery: A puzzle for you

For today's Monday Mystery, here is a puzzle you must solve using these clues:

I come in many colors, even though I don't have skin or fur
I do not wear perfume, although you might think I smell sweet
I cannot speak a word, but I might say "I love you"
I have no teeth or mouth, but I can still draw blood
What am I?

Do you know the answer? Click HERE To see if you are correct!
Share/Bookmark

71 Notes for Daisy:

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Yay! :) We guessed right! Great puzzle, Daisy. :)

The Meezers or Billy said...

YAY!! We guessded right too!!!! WOO HOO!!!Great puzzle

Felix, Garfield & Jawsy said...

It took 3 heads to think of the answer, and we got it right!
Thanx for this thought-provoking puzzle, Daisy. We love it and of cos, U too! :D
Any birdies coming to visit this morn?
Hi to Pixie and have a grreat start to the week!
Purrs and Scritches,

Jasmine Shanea said...

Darn, I'm not good at puzzles but the rose looks really pretty. Giving it to your mommy for Mothers' Day, Daisy?

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

Oah Dearest Lovely Daisy~!
I guess coorect as well~!
I am so so happy because I haven't guess correct for your Monday Mystery for a long time~!!!

Happy Happy!!

The Whiskers and Purrs Gang said...

whiskersandpurrsDearest Daisy,
We gots it right! We gots it right! Yay!!! Gosh...we must be really really REALLY smart 'cause your puzzles are hard!

Very truly yours,
The Whiskers & Purrs Gang

Parker said...

What a pretty rose Daisy! Did you get your Mommy some flowers for being so wonderful?

Poppy Q said...

Oh no I was wrong again. Never mind. I am back from the kitty spa, I missed you Daisy do. I loved loved loved your Friday fashion from last week - your cowgirl look was wonderful.

Poppy Q

Goldie, Shade and Banshee said...

Got it right!!!

Great comic yesterday too!

The wee ones actually have that book!

purrs, Shade

The Taylor CatSSSSS said...

Oh, you are very tricky! We didn't even come close!

Great picture!

Anonymous said...

"Yay" I got it and I didn't need my mom's help I'm getting smart :)

Rosemary B❤️ said...

Very cute! aaaannnnnd very pretty next to you!

Happy Day to you and Pixiekins

Anonymous said...

Hooray, we're on a roll! We probably won't ever get any right ever again now.

Daisy, we tagged you for a Meme. Come over and see!

Anonymous said...

Daisy, I am not fit to be a detective. Thank you for helping me learn that.

Anonymous said...

Silly me -- I thought it was a crayon. Draw blood -- get it?

Sarge Charlie said...

good one miss daisy, you tricked me again, but once I know the answer you clues are excellent

Mickey's Musings said...

Oh,good one Daisy!!!!!
I did not guess it. I'm not a very good guesser,heehee
That is a lovely rose :) It's almost as big as you :o

Purrs Mickey

Sabrina, Sam and Simon said...

We got it again this week Daisy! Yeah! You look so pretty with the rose ...
Purrs and headbutts,
Sabrina, Sam and Simon

Cats~Goats~Quotes said...

That was a good mystery, but I did not guess it, Daisy.
Maybe I am just too new at this blogging right now. The rose sure is pretty!!

~ KittyBoy

Laila and Angel Minchie said...

You stumped us good Daisy.

Tyler said...

We didn't come up with the correct answer, darn. But it was fun trying. Thank you Daisy for always entertaining us.

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

WOO HOO!!! We got this one right!!!!

Dma said...

that was much too hard for a monday morning (although when I saw the answer I sez to myself, 'D'OH!')

Chrissie said...

Aah, would a ROSE by any other name smell as sweet?

Now I'm going to go check my guess!

The Misadventures Of Me said...

Mommy Bean hadded to help me but she guessed right!

Its very beautiful and I bets it smelledid good too.

Icon Baxter Bentley said...

Roses by George Eliot
You love the roses - so do I. I wish
The sky would rain down roses, as they rain
From off the shaken bush. Why will it not?
Then all the valley would be pink and white
And soft to tread on. They would fall as light
As feathers, smelling sweet; and it would be
Like sleeping and like waking, all at once!

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

drat! i knew it was a flower but i guessed a venus fly trap!

smiles, auntie bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxxoxoxo

Shaggy and Scout said...

Good puzzle Daisy! You are pretty in the picture sniffing the rose!

Shilgiah the Cat said...

You look so beautiful sniffing that Rose! I guessed flowers but that was close. Don't tell but we are buying our mom roses for mother's day.

Gemini and Ichiro said...

Oh I guess a flower rather than rose. Am I still right?

Gemini

Figaro the Therapy Cat said...

I gotted the answer, daisy! but I had to thinked for a minit.
Veronica

Randi said...

Oh Daisy! You are soooo very clever!

Love & Licks,
Randi

PB 'n J said...

Oh yipee we guess right too!!!!!!! We love Mystery Mondays!

L. Alida said...

I guessed correctly! Such a pretty rose and a very pretty kitty! Your Monday Mysteries are fun. :)
Have a Very Happy day.
hugs for You and Pixie,
Lorianna

The Crew said...

Um...is it your new Venus Flytrap?

The Crew said...

Oops, we were wrong. But you look very sweet with your rose. Is that a present for your Mom?

Unknown said...

Oh, that was so sweet!

We didn't have a clue what the answer was!

LZ said...

Yeah, we never know these but we guessed this right!

Kaze

Mr. Hendrix said...

yippie yippie we guessed right! can you believe daddy has only gotten mommy roses twice (if you count the knock out rose bush he bought her last spring)?

Mommy looooooooves yellow roses bestest, but Daisys are her favorite flower. Did we ever tell you that her bridal bouquet had white, peach and lavender daisies in it (and some peach sweetheart roses)?

Babs (Beetle) said...

Woohoooo! We guessed right this time.

It's a lovely rose.

Purrs, Sukie, Livvie & Mitzi X

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

I missed this one. What a beautiful rose!
-JB

Anonymous said...

We guessed right! Good mystery Daisy!

zevo hussein calamari said...

Beautiful puzzle... thank you
Happy Cinco de Mayo
Ole!

Donna said...

Flowers are pretty. :)

Moki The Wobbly Cat said...

You had us stumped...lol!

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

We got it right!!!!! Mommy helped, but we still can't believe we got it right, we are usually hopeless at riddles. ~Socks, S & C

Cat Street Boyz said...

We guessed it, whoo hoo! We have roses out front but they haven't bloomed yet. That was fun Daisy.....and that is mommies favorite flower....a Daisy, it's a happy flower and makes you smile:)

Sunny's Mommy said...

I am going to have to think on this one. I'm stumped for now.

The Furry Kids said...

Oh, man! We didn't even have a guess. Total bummer.

Titus

Quasi said...

wow, you got me on that one, Daisy.

Tybalt said...

I got it right, Daisy!

Thanks for coming by my party today and raising a toast to Eight Belles . . . and to celebrate Cinco de Mayo! Purrrs!

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Yay, we gessed right!

darlene said...

Hey Daisy....come on over...and guess the name of yur furry friend....

Maureen said...

I guessed right too!!! Great puzzle Daisy!

Bobby D. said...

that was very nice, Daisy! I had no idea!

caspersmom said...

Love your picture Daisy, you look like you are well in thought. I would never have guessed a Rose, but the saying sure does fit. Great Mystery.

Casper

Jackie said...

Great post...it was definitely a mind teaser.

Thanks for dropping by...I hope you come back again soon.

I saw you over to Dar's also. She is my very best blogging friend in the world!!
Have a great week,
Jackie

Spooker said...

Daisy - that was a good mystery!
You stumped my Not The Mama!

time for a nap
Auntie Spooker

Anonymous said...

I guessed right -- a rose! *smile* That's a really neat riddle. I love riddles -- and roses!

Purrs and snuggles from Marilyn!

Alexi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alexi said...

Yay!! We guessed correctly. My mombean loves roses, but I still prefer catnip!

Amber-Mae said...

Got it wrong, yet again...But nice one!

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

catsynth said...

We didn't get it right, but it was a very clever puzzle. And a nice sentiment :)

Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

Hmm ... Your clues make your puzzle sound like roses ...
DMM

Spike William and Angels China Cat and Willow said...

Hooray, I guessed it right! I would like to sniff that pretty red rose!

Purrrrrrs, China Cat

Girl Girl Hamster said...

Oh that's a good puzzle...

~ Girl girl

Tara said...

What a fun puzzle, even though we didn't get the right answer, it was fun trying!

Tara

Just Sharlene and the Spice Cats said...

Yippie! I got it correct!

Thoughts said...

Yay! We got it right over here. This was a good one :)

Gretchen said...

Yay! I guessed it right.

You're so clever, Daisy.

Hugs...G

Andree said...

Oh this one was way too hard for me. I had no idea. I was thinking a blanket but they don't usually draw blood. I hope the next one is easier.

Related Posts with Thumbnails