Thursday, May 22, 2008

Goodbye, Bonnie

My friend Bonnie Underfoot had to go to the Rainbow Bridge. I will miss her terribly.

She is Gone
You can shed tears that she is gone, Or you can smile because she lived.

You can close your eyes and pray that she will come back,
Or you can open your eyes and see all that she has left.

Your heart can be empty because you can't see her,
Or you can be full of the love that you shared.

You can turn your back on tomorrow and live yesterday,
Or you can be happy for tomorrow because of yesterday.

You can remember her and only that she is gone,
Or you can cherish her memory and let it live on.

You can cry and close your mind, be empty and turn your back,
Or you can do what she would want: smile, open your eyes, love and go on.

Author: David Harkins

Share/Bookmark

26 Notes for Daisy:

DK & The Fluffies said...

My heart is heavy and my cheeks are wet.

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

So so sad...

Chaffee Street Cafe` said...

Dear Daisy, Pixie and Family,

I am sure your friend will be happier in a land where she will run free with her ancestors.

Love,

Bobby

Karen Jo said...

This is quite a shock. I am just so taken aback by the news that I'm not feeling much of anything yet. You wrote a lovely memorial for her, Daisy.

Anonymous said...

I will miss her terribly too cause I love her too.

KC and the Giggleman Kitties said...

O, Daisy, what a beautiful tribute to Miss Bonnie. We will all miss hers so much.
Purrs, KC

pee ess:
in honor of Bonnie and tha day/ weekend/ holiday of HUGS, here’s ours to you:
*******hugs******* (KC)
*******hugs******* (Missy)
*******hugs******* (Faith)
*******hugs******* (Sol)
*******hugs******* (Smokey)
*******hugs******* (BJ)

Max said...

That is a very nice picture for Bonnie. This sucks so very much, and I'm pretty mad right now. And my heart hurts for Victor and his family.

Anonymous said...

I will miss Bonnie very much.

Goldie, Shade and Banshee said...

That was a great tribute. It is very sad.

purrs, Shade and Goldie

Felix, Garfield & Jawsy said...

Though we may not know Bonnie well, our hearts are filled with sadness. All the tributes have been touching and beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Daisy, I am sorry about your tragic loss. I'm pretty sure she's happy wherever she is. As I write this, my eyes are filling with tears.

Laila and Angel Minchie said...

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} to Daisy and Pixie!

Laila and Lilly

Unknown said...

Daisy,
this is a beautiful tribute to our friend Bonnie. We'll all miss her very much. We're all still in shock.

Babs (Beetle) said...

We didn't know Bonnie, but we are still very sad. That is a lovely tribute.

Purrs, Sukie X

dennis said...

Dennis is very sorry for your loss. Poor Dear Sweet Bonnie Underfoot. Let's adopt a kitten in her honor.

Dream Mom said...

I am sorry to hear about the loss of Bonnie...What a beautiful tribute to her.

jenianddean said...

OH Daisy, That is a wonderful tribute for our dear friend. Our hearts are broken...

{{{hugs}}}
-Jasper McKitten-Cat

Anonymous said...

:(
A heartfelt sorry from me :(

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry. Bonnie Underfoot was a very nice kitty. Very pretty, too.

No kitty is an island,
Entire of itself.
Each is a piece of the continent,
A part of the main.
If a clod be washed away by the sea,
Europe is the less.
As well as if a promontory were.
As well as if a manner of thine own
Or of thine friend's were.
Each kitty's death diminishes me,
For I am involved in kittykind.
Therefore, send not to know
For whom the bell tolls,
It tolls for thee.

Chrissie said...

I like that poem very much, Miss Daisy. And the graphic is very beautiful!

{{{{{hugs}}}}}

Anonymous said...

Here always really interesting posts and comments are to be found. Thank you for the well structured contributions - I look often here past. Many greetings from Thuringia in Germany!

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

Very nice tribute/
--JB

Victor Tabbycat said...

Thank you, Daisy! That's a lovely tribute and poem. Bonnie would whap us all if we stay sad too long!
(((((HUGS)))))

L. Alida said...

I am so sorry for the loss of Bonnie.
The picture of her and the poem are so nice.
Love to you and Pixie, Dear Daisy.
Lorianna

Donna said...

Very sorry. Rest in peace, Bonnie. Play nice in heaven.

Unknown said...

So so sad!

Pobre de Victor!

:(

Related Posts with Thumbnails