Thursday, June 12, 2008

My Not-So-Magic Rocks

Here is my new toy. I am going to learn how to grow Magic Rocks! This should be a very fun experiment. Before we go further, I will warn you that you MUST have your mom or dad help you with this toy, because there are some chemicals inside. If you are 10 years or older, you can do it by yourself. I am only Four. Years.
First, I am making sure that I have all the parts to my Instant Crystal Growing Kit. You should not leave any parts inside the box. Except, you do not need the plastic wrapper.
These are the directions. They are too hard for me, so my Mommie is going to help. Sometimes, it is good to have a Lab Assistant. (DO NOT use Snail for lab help).
All of the ingredients are assembled, and now we just wait for the Magic Rocks to grow! This part is a little bit boring.
Even though the water looks very delicious, DO NOT drink any.
LOOK! LOOK! The crystals, they are growing! Let's wait a little longer to see how big they get...
Uh oh. Something seems to have gone terribly awry. What is all that red stuff on the bottom? I hope it is not BLOODS! Because, bloods might draw sharks to the shipwreck.
Mommie, look! My experiment is ruined. Can you fix it?
I am very disappointed in this toy. I cannot recommend it.
ps: I do not think my Mommie followed the directions correctly. Or maybe Snail snuck inside and ruint another experiment. Snail is Bad.

Share/Bookmark

87 Notes for Daisy:

Girl Girl Hamster said...

Oh dear, I hope that didn't cost you too much pocket money. It's really nice of you to help test out the products and telling us the reviews

~ Girl girl

Felix, Garfield & Jawsy said...

The box showed veri colourful pretty rocks, but u've gotten some kinda sludgey mess, Daisy.
We are suspecting Snail, cos snails love sludge.
We hopes u have better luck with next week's toy.

Nomi said...

Awhh poor Daisy. Maybe mummy didn't read the instrwuctions pwoply cos they don't always. My miewmie onle reads instwucthuns afetr it all goes wong.

Parker said...

Directions are hard.

Henson Ray said...

Very funny. I loved Magic rocks as a kid. Although once you've made them, there's not much more to do. They're sort of like fish. You can watch them swim around, but you can't play with them. And you definitely shouldn't eat them. (The magic rocks that is, not the fish. Although you probably shouldn't eat the fish either, unless they are specifically given to you. No skimming the fish tank for potential food.)

mister jeter harris, hizself said...

wut'z "awry" daisy?
luv--jh

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

Well Daisy,
It's very impressive to me that you are trying very hard on many things~!
It's very good, hard things could make us smarter, so... I think direction hard is not so bad, certainly it also means the inventor are stupid, because he makes people can't understand his product, which is not very wise.

Poppy Q said...

Thank you for testing all the toys out Miss D. My mum went swimming with sharks once, luckily they did not bite anything off her.

Poor old snail - he gets blamed for everything.

Anonymous said...

We think that purrhaps your Magic Rocks got some bad Mojo. We do not think your Mommie would make a mistake, and poor snail... he wasn't even around.

Tigmut'hep said...

I suspect that the mutant Snail mucked up your new experiment Daisy...

The Taylor CatSSSSS said...

Poor Mr. Snail....he always gets blamed! :) We are sorry your experiment didn't work. But thank you for testing this product for us. We always learn so much from you!

The Misadventures Of Me said...

Well at leasts it starteds out furry pretty. Maybe the sharks dids sneak in and gets something??

The Meezers or Billy said...

oh no. it started out looking purrty. that's a shame!!

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Daisy
We can all depend upon you to figure all of these things out for all of us...

purrs
Abby

Cats~Goats~Quotes said...

We see one or two rocks that tried to grow. At least you tried. We hope it didn't cost too much of your allowance!

~ The Bunch

Anonymous said...

Oh, poor you.

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

drat! foiled again!

smiles, auntie bee
xoxoxxoxoxoxoxooxoxo

Clover said...

Hi Daisy,
Thanks for your review on this product - I will make sure not to buy it...
Love Clover xo

The Furry Kids said...

Thank you for letting us know about the magic rocks, Daisy. We'll be sure not to buy any. Momma says that this post reminds of her a chemistry experiment gone wrong when she was in high school. She says that's why she's an accountant instead. hee hee

Love,
Tazo

Babs (Beetle) said...

I thought directions WAS supposed to be read after it all went wrong hehe!

That is a shame cos I was very interested to see it all finished.

Purrs, Sukie X

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Oh Daisy, we are sorry the experiment didn't work perfectly. But you did have some crystals grow, and they look very cool!

Sarge Charlie said...

Daisy, I am sure Mommie did perfect, it is that lizard/snail, since it is your own creation what can I say. Remember, don't mess with mother nature........

Captain Jack and Sir Dante said...

Oh no, we were very excited to see your new rocks but alas, it was a flop! Sorry!

However, our pirate attack yesterday was successful and Mommy even got to come home early. We have a badge on our blog for all of our crew members who participated in the attack yesterday. Please come by and pick yours up when you get a chance!

Laila and Angel Minchie said...

Oh no! I hope you saved your receipt.

Laila

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

You do the funnest things Daisy!

Maybe instead of Magic Rocks, you should try a Pet Rock.

jenianddean said...

I'm sorry your magic rocks weren't so magical. I bet a lizard came in and put something in that tank to make your experiment go wrong.

Better luck with next week's toy!
-Jasper McKitten-Cat

Anonymous said...

Daisy, if I don't have access to a Lab assistant can I use a Golden Retriever?

Tybalt said...

How disappointing, Daisy!

dennis said...

Dennis thinks you must have a big allowance. Dennis doesn't get an allowance, so he just uses his human's charge card online to get things.
Instructions are important Daisys MoM!

Dma said...

Advice: if you buy everything from IKEA they include nice picture instructions that are pretty hard to screw up. Of course they might not carry something like magic rocks.

Donna said...

Daisy, it worked! The rocks look all nice and pretty. That's what the stuff on the bottom is. It's okay to be friends with Snail again.

Cynthia Blue said...

Oh my gosh! I want magic rocks! I bet I wouldn't kill them like I do house plants... maybe?

The Crew said...

Gosh Daisy, you always have the most interesting things to show us! Do you really think one of those naughty snails got in there and ruined your experiment?

Anonymous said...

That did not look fun. I wonder why it didn't work.

LZ said...

Looks like red snail slime to me....

Chase

L. Alida said...

I'm sorry your magic rocks fizzled out Daisy. At least the colors are pretty! Maybe if you and Mommie give it another try it will work. :)
I'm sure you will find something fun to do soon honey.
Love and Hugs to you and Pixie,
Lorianna

Poppy said...

Poor Daisy! I'm sorry your experiment didn't work. Maybe you made the Red Sea!

Poppy

Rosemary B❤️ said...

I hope you did not blow too much of your allowance on this really disappointing toy!

Figaro the Therapy Cat said...

hi daisy!
yes I think the blanket is nice with Fig's fur colors. also we got it in blue and white because everyone thinks that Fig is a GIRL! now they will not think that he hopes.

I am sorry your experiment did not work. it looked very cool and it looks like a fun toy if it workies. one times we got a "rubber duckie" that grows from very little to 10 times his size in water but it taked over 10 days to get him to a big size and then we couldn't play with him because when you take him out he gets small again!!!

veronica

Kimo and Sabi said...

OH NO! It wuz lookin' pretty good fer a minit, but whut happened?

Forty Paws said...

Oh Man! That totally is wrong! We sure hope the Snail didn't help with this experiment.

Luf, Us

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

We hate to tell you this Daisy, but the youngest boy bean had the same not so magic rocks and his experiment turned out about the same as yours. They don't work properly at all apparently. We were hoping you would have better luck. Anyway we don't think it was your Mommy's or snail's fault we think it is a product defect. ~Socks, MoMo, Scylla, Charybdis & Charlotte

Anonymous said...

Oh dear - If it had worked you might have been able to have a new set of sea monkeys live in the rocks.

Mr. Echo said...

Yoo gots rippt off Daisy. I wood whap it off the tabil but it wood git blood all ofur.

Loved yur cat scan yesturday. Yoo is so klevvir!!!

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

We don't think it was Snail...maybe yoor mom misread dem directions, they looked hard. Or maybe it's just a crappy toy. Dad sez dat sometimes dem toys is not as advertized and dey is furry crappy.

Gemini and Ichiro said...

I'm sorry that it didn't work well Daisy. Sigh.

Bonnie Story said...

Daisy, your last several posts have been incredible! The CAT scans of your Raisin Toests totally made our day. And, the brushing of the teeths is great too. You are very good to let Mommy take such good care of all your parts. Good white teeths are a good thing, and fresh breath too for extra kisses. Too bad about the Magic Rocks - it's kind of scary. Started out pretty and then got ominous... hmm. I bet it was snail or maybe the SNIZZARD that messed it up!! Have a great day and keep up the good work!!

The Fluffy Tribe said...

we had a recent experience like that with a ROCKTUMBLER. It did not work at all like it was supposed to and it was MESSY. Some toys are not as good as advertised it seems Daisy. THank you for your report. We won't experiment with this one ~the FLuffy Tribe

Poppy said...

By the way, Daisy did you know that you are famous?

http://www.cnn.com/2008/LIVING/wayoflife/03/21/dog.blog/index.html

Poppy

Unknown said...

Oh, that experiment is a little disappointing. Maybe they just need more time to grow? I hope Snail did not try to sabotage you!

Anonymous said...

I am excited to see you confused.

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

I am glad you were able to let us know not to buy this product. Too bad you had to waste your money on it though.
--JB

PB 'n J said...

Darn that Snail - he spoils all the fun!

Shaggy and Scout said...

We think it was Snail.
Our mom says she grew those all the time when she was a girl in the 60's and she did not have a Snail to help, and hers grew fine.

Mickey's Musings said...

That will be your new rule,Daisy...Lock up the Snail before you conduct any experiment!!

Purrs Mickey

PeeEss:Sorry about your crystals :(

Sushi said...

Poor Daisy, sorry about your experiment didn't turn out the way you expected :(
I hope next time it works! Oh, and I'm glad you like Grandma's cake, Thank you!

Jans Funny Farm said...

Oh, no. Another toy gone bad. We're glad the package did not include sharks.

purrs and tail wags

Fat Eric said...

Oh dear, I am sorry your experiment did not work. I have never heard of Magic rocks and I would like to have seen what they were supposed to look like. Better luck next time!

Sarah Coggins said...

Oh, my! You didn't find any sharks, did you?

John Le Sainte the New Nostradamus said...

Ohhh, Poor Little Kitty! You'll have more fun toys!

Nostradamus! and John Le Sainte

SophieKitty said...

Sorry your magic rocks didn't turn out like you expected. It would have been cool if they did. But it's fun to watch you try new toys.

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

We're glad you tested those magic rocks cuz they looked like they wuz going to be good. Now we know not to get them.

Fred said...

My cats would have eaten the directions.

KC and the Giggleman Kitties said...

Fanks fur testing tha fur all of us. Bet Mr. Snail had sumfing to do wif it.
Purrs,
KC

The Furry Fighter said...

Dearest Daisy...I was hoping I would get to see your Fashion Friday before I go to the Bridge, I will keep checking back until Ben Vet gets here at 1.30pm. I love your Fashion Fridays sooooooo much, you are an inspiration.

NOw, I must say my final farewell to you and wish you a long, happy and healthy life...for you, your Beans and Pixie...take care my little beauty...Stormie, The Furry Fighter xxx

Unknown said...

Sorry those crystals didn't work out for you Daisy. You should get some of those nifty sea monkeys!

Beethoven said...

Oh dear Daisy, I think it really is difficult having pets. The Giant Kitty told me all about his sea monkeys going wrong too and I think I shall just stick to killing my furry mousies and not have any pets. I hope no sharks were attracted to your shipwreck?

The Devil Dog said...

That is too bad, Daisy. We are sorry you were disappointed in your new toy. That was a real bummer. We were looking forward to it, too.

Roxy

MaoMao said...

hehehehehe!!!! Daisy you always make my Momma say SQUEE!!!!! I'm sorry yur magic rock projeckt turned out kinda rocky! and maybe the snail snuck in somewheres and got the rocks slimy or somethin!

Kittyhugs and purrs from MaoMao!

Liss said...

That was your best experiment yet!

Anonymous said...

Thank you once again for showing us why we should not waste money on these kinds of things.

Amber-Mae said...

Oh no! Another case of an Experiment Gone Bad. I wonder what made it leak with all those red bloody liquid? I think Snail went inside & left some sludge.

Butt wiggles,
Solid Gold Dancer

Dr Tweety of da Fab Five said...

Daisy,
I yam so sorry dats your ex-pearymint wentz awry! It looked so promisin. I remeburrz da sea momkeyz. Oh... & dat da snail shouldz justee stayz outta da way. Dis snail may nots be a true frend. I yam tinkin' dats da ship wreck in da bottom of da tamk looks a itty bitty bit likes MAximillianz frayter.Uh-oh... you don'ts tink dat dere iz 656.000 tonz of 'nip at da bottom of da tank... doez you?

Chrissie said...

Miss Daisy, I am concerned that your experiment may have been tampered with by the result of your last experiment...THE SNAIZARD! And if so, the result may be even more strange..what will you do?

Thanks for visitin' me while my mom was gone!

Unknown said...

Well, it started out lookin' pretty cool. You just can't trust those snails.

Kate (Pablo's mum) said...

Oh no! I guess that failure is a very important part of the experimentation process. If they're bloods, they're only crystal bloods, and I don't think that crystal bloods will attract sharks.

Anonymous said...

Daisy, you are such a cutiepie! I'm sorry your magic rocks didn't work out quite as you had planned. Perhaps, indeed, Mr. Snail is guilty of sabotage!

Purrs and snuggles from Marilyn!

Skeezix the Cat said...

Shoot! I was sertin that thoze majik roks were gonna be amayzing --- my faverites were the pink ones. Beefore they all ternd to blud.

We3Katz said...

We thinkz it waz the mutant snail, can't trust dem mutantz u know....

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

It was the snail fer sure. Or mebbe the Snailizard. Try the sea-monkeys next. They seem like fun!

Max said...

The Woman is jealous. She had that when she was little and loved it. She *says* hers grew just fine, but you never know...she might be fibbing.

eastcoastlife said...

awww..... I was scrolling down eagerly, looking forward to the growing magic rocks! :(

Mo and The Purries said...

Daisy, when I was a kid, magic rocks were one of my favoritest experiments!
Back in the day, you didn't even get a container with your chemicals - I had to grow my magic rocks in a Mason Jar!
But yes, I think something went horribly wrong with your magic rocks.
(Hope Snail is okay!)
luv,
Not The Mama

Asta said...

Daisy
I'm sowwy you had a nothew disappointing expewiment..I don't think snail is bad, but I agwee that he's not a vewy good lab assistant
smoochie kisses
ASTA

Anonymous said...

"Oh my" hope you didn't use all your allowance.

Katiez Furry Mewz said...

Yep looks like you made da Red Sea fur sure... Maybe Moses coulds part da waturs fur you.

- Katie Too.

Maybe dey grew too fast???

- Daisy May

Andree said...

It started out so great! I want to try it too. Wingnut is coming this coming week for the summer (YIPPEE) so we'll try it. It's on my summer todo list!

Related Posts with Thumbnails