Thursday, July 31, 2008

Anatomy of a Jump!

I love jumping all around! Here are all the parts of a good jump:

a) Find a good target and make sure you can reach it! Keep your eyes on the landing spot and stretch your arms out real long.
b) Make the rest of your body stretch out long, too. Even your back legs! You can use your tail to help with steering and balance.
c) Coming in for a landing! Do not forget to apply your brakes!
d) The final and most important step is to wait for the applause for your amazing landing!
Share/Bookmark

80 Notes for Daisy:

Poppy Q said...

Wow you would win gold at the cat olympics Miss D.

I hope you never jump onto the stovetop - it could be hot!!

Smooches.

Felix, Garfield & Jawsy said...

Yeah, we agree with Poppy Q. U would win paws down!
Oh and :Applause: XD

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

Excellent Jump, Daisy~!
I'll give you 10!!!!!

Goldie, Shade and Banshee said...

That's a gold for sure!! Super sleek!!

purrs Goldie and Shade

The Whiskers and Purrs Gang said...

Dearest Daisy,
You should be in the Lympics for sure!

Very truly yours,
The Whiskers and Purrs Gang

Karen and Gerard said...

Cats are such amazing and graceful jumpers. I love watching mine jump. Now did your mom take a video of you doing this jump and then took the snapshots out of it? I can't believe she could actually get you in the air at each part and have it so clear.

I couldn't believe how high my little Spunky Doodle could jump when she was only a kitten. I put up a 4 1/2 foot high board across the doorway so she couldn't get in the laundry side of our basement but that didn't stop her. (She still had all her claws at this time and took a big leap, grabbed the top of the board and pulled herself up and over! I was relieved when she wasn't hurt.

Daisy said...

Jumping is loads of fun! Those are actually photos. I think they might have been taken in "action" mode.

Anonymous said...

You are quite an acrobat Miss Daisy! What a talented kitty :)

Henson Ray said...

Methinks your mommy is an excellent photographer!!! Especially where you are concerned.

Spooky said...

Great form, Daisy! Brava!

Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo!! You are a very good jumper, Daisy! Is there a Cat-o-lympics?

mister jeter harris, hizself said...

********applauz frum jh********

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

horray! horray! horray!

smiles, auntie bee
xoxoxoxoxooxoxxooxxo

JD at I Do Things said...

Very nicely explained, Daisy! Only what if you don't have a tail for steering and balance?

JD at I Do Things

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Wow Daisy
YOU are a fabulous jumper a Perfect 10 PAWS!

Purrs
Abby

Chrissie said...

And your mommie lets you jump on the counters! You've got it made, Miss Daisy! So, how is Miss Pixie?

Sweet Purrfections said...

Nice form and just in time for the Olympics! My jump wasn't as pretty, but I got where I wanted to go!

Anonymous said...

That's an amazing jump Daisy! You're so athletic.

Teddy Westlife said...

I forget to put on the brakes sometimes when I do that. Mum always laughs at me when I slam into the wall or the door... or whatever.

I am very impressed that you are allowed to get on the kitchen counters! Mum won't let me up there and I'm POSITIVE there could be snacks up there for me.

Huffle Mawson

Donna said...

My human friends don't have tails. I do, though, and I love to jump on the beds.

The Taylor CatSSSSS said...

HOWDY! As you can see, we have managed to open the door to the basement and have used our own special password to get online.

DAISY, YOU SHOULD BE IN THE CAT OLYMPICS! Thanks for the lesson!

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

Wonderful photos! #1 has been trying to get motion photos of me and I am always out of the picture... You look great!

Dma said...

i may need you to come over and give theo some lessons. he has a particularly hard time remembering the stopping part. kudos to your mom for such terrific photos of your demonstration.

Marian said...

Daisy - You're just so all around talented - a model, a poet, an athlete - you make us smile!! And, we agree with Gandalph and Grayson that we should have some kind of Cat-O-Lympics! Thomas has the record for times in and out the door in one day, Phoebe has the speed record for running away from a camera and Trixie has the climbing record for getting up to places that she shouldn't be!
:o) Thomas, Phoebe and Trixie

Liss said...

Wow, that's just a great post! What a jump. Nixon an Fatty are impressed. Oh so his Herbie, he thinks he's an acrobat.

Anonymous said...

HELLO DAISY AND HER HUMAN SERVANTS, THIS IS TROUBLE THE KITTY. JUMPING IS TOO MUCH WORK; I FIND IT'S EASIER TO SIT ON THE FLOOR AND YOWL UNTIL DADDY COMES AND PICKS ME UP AND PUTS ME WHERE I WANT TO BE. PURR PURR PURR.

Samantha & Mom said...

Thanks for the great lesson in jumping Daisy! We are going to have to remember the tail positioning when jumping next time!
Your FL furiends,

Nomi said...

You are so gwaceful Daisy !

Mickey's Musings said...

Oh 10 out of 10 easy!!!!!!! Excellent demonstration :)
Purrs Mickey

Anonymous said...

wish I could jump like that!

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

WOO HOO!!!! Great job Daisy!!

LZ said...

You make it look so effortless. My body is so long that when I leap body parts go everywhere.

Kaze

Rosemary B❤️ said...

I love your post for TT. She was such a brave little kitty ad now she is with Caesar and all of our treasured friends.

You are a good jumper... I used to be, but now Pierro is the fantastic jumper!

purrrs to my curly girls

Babs (Beetle) said...

Oh Daisy that's a good jump!

Don't tell anyone this - Promise? I went to jump from MB's computer table onto the back of the sofa last night. It's only 3 feet away, and I missed and fell on the floor. I don't know what happened, I must have been sleepy or something. I was so embarrassed coz MB laughed at me.

That's just between you and I though.

Purrs, Sukie x

Tybalt said...

You are very good at jumping, Daisy!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic jumping skills :)

Gemini and Ichiro said...

You are very good at jumping! No one ever applauds when I jump. Sigh.

Forty Paws said...

What a jump! Gatsbi has no brakes. She has a neurological disorder and can't do the braking action. This can be difficult during jumps.

Luf, Us

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Dais - I was doing it all wrong. But I don't have a tail, so my balance is always off, of course. Gotta get me a tail...

Sarge Charlie said...

That was excellent Miss Daisy, the very next time I am going to jump across something I will remember how you did it..........

Laila and Angel Minchie said...

CLAP! CLAP! CLAP!

Great jumping abilities Daisy!

Laila and Minchie

Daisy Deadhead said...

Lovely colors you have on your coat, Daisy.

Team Tabby said...

Wonderful Daisy! Clapping, clapping, clapping.

Mindy & Moe

Beethoven said...

You jump so well Daisy!

Amber-Mae said...

Woah, great leap Daisy! I do that loads of time during Agility time!

Butt wiggles,
Solid Gold Dancer

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

We need to work on the brakes part. ~Scylla & Charybdis

Great jump Daisy. ~Socks

Thoughts said...

Good job Daisy! What a beautiful jump that was! You look so sleek and beautiful in those photos!

Love Sasha and Theodore

Copito said...

I love to jump, i jump of bed to my mom and the top of the drawers, but you are the queen jump!

='·'=

The Fitness Diva said...

Jumping is fun and good for you too, Daisy! I like to do mines with a rope! ;)

TabbyNormal said...

Jumping is fun, although I admit I forget the "brakes" part a lot.

Purrs,
Abby Normal

Skeezix the Cat said...

Like evrybuddy else, I definitly need to werk on the putting on the brakes part!

L. Alida said...

You are so graceful looking Daisy! Good action shot Mommie! :)
I enjoyed your post about letting you butterflies go. You did a great job! You will probably see their children someday soon.
Hugs and Purrs,
Lorianna

Sunny's Mommy said...

You are an excellent jumper, Daisy! And you get applause, too. I didn't know we were supposed to applaud when the kitties make spectacular jumps, thanks for that information :-)

Chaffee Street Cafe` said...

You can really jump!

Figaro the Therapy Cat said...

that is an amazing jump, Daisy!

yes fishies are expensive... Twenty Eight Cents is a lot of money. but you should ask your mommie for Twenty Eight cents allowance. then maybe you can get a fishie.

I think for your next pet you should get an ANT FARM! did you get one of those yet? our parents would never let us get that because we always have ants in our house on the floors anyways. those are the most fun since they are nobodys pets and we can squish them. in the morning parents find a bunch of squished up ants (they are too yucky to eat!)

The Lazy Iguana said...

Skipper has not jumped on my shoulder since I put him in cat jail for a week while I was on vacation....

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

How many Temptations did you get for your amazing landing?
--JB

PB 'n J said...

Wowwee Daisy, that is some great jumping!

And your poem for TT was wonderful - we only just met her and still we are so sad to lose her.

Cindy Garber Iverson said...

Yay! Bravo! Encore! (that's the applause from Rosehaven Cottage) ;)

Hugs,
Cindy at Rosehaven Cottage

Michael said...

10 out of 10 possible!!

At my old townhouse we had our couch like ten feet from the upper story in a quad level townhouse and Mia used to run and jump off the kitchen level off of the banister!! She used to amaze me!!

Lucky Charmz said...

Daisy! Wow ... You are nearly as good a jumper as I am! I jump to the 'frigerator an' up to the tippy-top of the cabinets in the kitchen so that I can look down on efurryone an' decide if I wanna jump on 'em!
Charmee

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Great jump with good instructions Daisy.

Anonymous said...

thats a very nice jump! i think cats jump better than dogs, even though i am a dog. thank you for finding me!!!!

Anonymous said...

thats a very nice jump! i think cats jump better than dogs, even though i am a dog. thank you for finding me!!!!

Unknown said...

Daisy, you are an excellent jumper! I like to jump too, but I don't think my form is as good as yours.

The Devil Dog said...

You are a very good jumper, Daisy.

Roxy

Mimi Lenox said...

Mommie is fast with that camera. Whew! Did Daisy break anything??!!!

You've been royally tagged by Mimi Queen of Memes (aka I-hear-the-dungeon-is-really-hot-this-time-of-year)...

Somebody Get Me Out Of This Corset: The Needs Meme

Moki The Wobbly Cat said...

Yup we agree you should try out for the olympics Miss Daisy!

Redbeard76 said...

Hey daisy, just saw your catnip video over at Petra's, very nice! be sure to tell your owner, and like nancy reagan said, just say no!

(angel) Grrreta and Fam said...

Your mommy is an excellent photographer. That was an amazing jump.

The Florida Furkids said...

What a beautiful jump! You're so graceful. Our Meowmy says she is really impressed with those pictures! We're impressed with your brakes since we have a way of taking everything on the counter with us!!!

Sniffie and the Florida Furkids

Unknown said...

Those are great jumpin' picktures, Daisy. We like to jump too, but we're still workin' on the perfect landin's

SophieKitty said...

You are very graceful. I bet you don't make a sound when you land.

Anonymous said...

Excellent jump!

Mr. Echo said...

Yoo gots grate style. Remember not to launch into a jump from yur mommys tummy or she will yell and say "Dats hurty!!!" in a meen voyce.

Lux said...

You have a great technique, Daisy! Excellent!

MaoMao said...

Daisy, you are an amazin jumper! I have a feeling you and Dorydoo are jumpin twins! She's a great jumpur too and Momma likes to say that Dorydoo can fly!

Those are superduper pickshures. Yur Momma is such a wunnerful photograaaffer!

Kittyhugs and purrs from MaoMao!

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

What a great jump, Daisy!

chilly said...

Hi there!
Just wanted to let you know that you have a free link for a month at On The Bricks.

Why? No special reason. Just because I can do it. I have started this month giving a different blog each month, a free link for a month. Your the pick for August. Hope you have a great day! :-)

chilly
http://onthebricks.blogspot.com/

Miss Henry and Marley said...

Wow you r furry good at that, were you an acrobat in your last kitty life? I luv your poem about TT, it is really sweet. And your public service announcement is really good too!
purrs
Miss Henry

Related Posts with Thumbnails