Friday, November 21, 2008

Fierce Fighter Day: Remembering Pixie

My friends at Whiskers and Purrs have declared today Fierce Fighter Day. Here is what they said about this special day:
On this very special day, we is askin' that our dear friends on the innernets remember all of the Ones That Came Before that have bravely fought battles with cancer, FIP, diabetes, or any other struggle, and have now gone on to watch over us. These brave little soldiers fought long and hard to be with us but the only way they could win the battle was to go on to heaven.
So today, I am taking time to remember my big sister, Pixie.
Pixie was diagnosed with Feline Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy when she was just a few years old. She was very brave, and tolerated twice-yearly visits to her cardiologist for ultrasounds and other testing. Every day, Pixie took her medicines without complaining or biting. She had to take Lasix, Atenolol, Plavix, and Enalapril.
Since she did not feel well, Pixie did not like to play or jump around very much. But she was happy to sit quietly, as long as she was near my Mommie. And Pixie would meow loudly with happiness when she got her ears rubbed.
Pixie did not really enjoy modeling, so she was not on the blog very often. But you know she loved her bananers!
Here is a movie we made a couple of years ago of Pixie eating a delicious bananer treat. She had some every day! If you cannot see the video, you can click HERE for another version.

Pixie never complained about having this terrible illness. But, finally, her heart got very, very tired and Pixie could not even stand without becoming breathless. Her last day was spent snuggling with my Mommie. Then, Pixie made her final trip to the vet, and she did not return. I miss you very much, Pixie. I hope they have a lot of bananers at the Rainbow Bridge.
Pixie
9/25/95 - 9/14/08

Share/Bookmark

105 Notes for Daisy:

Bae Bae said...

Pixie sure's a very brave cat. That's a very nice tribute to remember her

~ Bae

Anonymous said...

Daisy,

What a loving tribute to your big sister. I'm going to dig up some pics of my little Tigger that we had before Bud and Kelly.

snowforest said...

Pixie was a very very sweet and brave kitty. This post made us a little sad and reminded us of our dear Forest. Hope she and Pixie are having lots of fun across the rainbow bridge.

Sending you many many purrs and hugs today from all of us..

Forever Foster said...

Daisy, that was a beautiful tribute for your beautiful big sister. One day, you, Pixie and Harley will be able to play together, healthy and whole.

Unknown said...

Daisy, hi sugar. I have not been to see you in a while because I had to start another blog, plus I have a new web site that has charities on it for helping other people. I also have a page that is just for Kitties and Doggies and how people can help them. If you have a noce charity you really like I will put it on my web site with your name on it. See it at http://justapush.org Thank you!

Unknown said...

Alex and I both thank you for telling us Pixie's story.

Anonymous said...

We really enjoyed watching Pixie eating her bananer. The last photo of your Mommie snuggling with Pixie made our eyes burst. It is so bittersweet. We think clever Pixie has probably learned top peel her own bananers already, don't you?

Anonymous said...

Pixie was a very good cat. I will send a bananars to her.

Everycat said...

A sweet tribute to the sweetest banana loving cat Pixie. We loved the movie of Pixie Ear Rubs too!

Whicky Wuudler

Isis said...

It's nice to think about those kitties that came before even if we didn't always have a chance to know them in person, unlike you and Pixie! After all the kitties that came before helped to make our Mom's what they are today... I am very thankful that Mummy was trained well by Barbie-Q the meezer and Socrates the moggy, they did a fantastic job on her! :)

I shall add Pixie to my purrs today as well as Barbie-Q and Socrates and the kitties of my Mummy's childhood, Cuddles and Tiggy...

Purrs,
Isis
x

KC and the Giggleman Kitties said...

We miss Pixie so much. I enjoyed hearing her story again and seeing the photos, especially the last one. She was a very brave kitty and you and your Mommy took such great care of her.
I like Felix's idea of Fierce Fighter Day, it is sad to remember, but it also brings back some very good memories. And we know they are not far away, looking down on us.
ML

i beati said...

We felines here at Kesslerville shall never forget Pixie!!

gemmak said...

Pixie was indeed a vey brave girl and this is a wonderful tribute to her bravery and memory and to her bananer happiness :o)

The WriggleButts said...

Pixie was a very brave girl! We're so sorry she is gone, but happy that she's in a better place without pain!

Kisses,
Bajas & Virus

Goldie, Shade and Banshee said...

Pixie was such a brave little lady!

That was a sweet post to remember her.

Purrs

Stacey Kimmel-Smith said...

well there are tears in my eyes. What a sweet face and how lucky Pixie was to have a life made as comfortable as possible. Thank you for sharing...

ZOOLATRY said...

Pixie... pretty, perfect, peaceful.

Dma said...

A fierce fighter indeed... your tribute made me cry.

The Island Cats said...

That was a beautiful tribute to Pixie! She was special and we know how much she meant to you.

Anonymous said...

I miss seeing pictures of Pixie... thanks for remembering her... I know she must've been a very sweet kitty,.

Helen said...

To this very day Mommy can't look at a banana without smiling and thinking of your lovely sister!
Smooches!

The Fitness Diva said...

Your Mommy gave Pixie a really good life, so she was loved and cared for while she was here. That's a good thing that all cats should have.

It's great of you to keep remembering and honoring her. I'm sure she's looking down on you and Harley, smiling!

Cupcake said...

That was an adorable video. I miss Pixie a lot. That was a sweet post.


Go Bananers.

I mean:

Go Bananers!

Sweet Purrfections said...

What a beautiful tribute to your big sister, Pixie. I liked the last picture of your mom and Pixie.

Poppy Q said...

Daisy that was a nice post about Pixie, and we love the last picture of her and your mommie snuggling together. She was a good sister, and we know that angel Pixie is watching out for you Harley and the beans.

Big smoocheroonies

Mum and Poppy Q

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful remembrance Miss Pixie, and what a fighter she woz and how much she must have loved your Momma to have spent her last day cuddling with her.. very special..
We is so very warm insides and we can still feel Pixies love beaming down on your all :))

The Florida Furkids said...

Thats a beautiful tribute to Pixie. We are always amazed at how strong those that came before were.

Sniffie and the Florida Furkids

The Meezers or Billy said...

Pixie was the bravest kitty we have ever known

The Florida Furkids said...

ps...thanks for the reminder. We just updated our Blog with our own Fierce Fighter post.

Sniffie and the Florida Furkids

Cory said...

I'm betting there is a banana tree all her own at the Bridge and she's able to climb it herself now. What a wonderful and sweet tribute to your big sisfur!

JD at I Do Things said...

I really enjoyed all the beautiful pictures of Pixie and especially the video of her enjoying her bananer feast. I know she's happy and jumping all around right now. And eating lots of bananers.

I will remember today my beloved Simone, who went to Cat Heaven when she was just too old to stay here anymore, and my beloved Kilbey, who bravely fought liver disease but finally had to head for the Rainbow Bridge when he was only 11.

JD at I Do Things

Mickey's Musings said...

That is a lovely tribute to Pixie.
WE will always remember her as a sweet girl with a penchant for bananners!!
We miss her a lot. I bet you miss her big bunches.
(((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))
Purrs Mickey,Georgia & Tillie

Donna said...

That was a very purdy vidyo. I luvs Pixie. She were nice.

Clover said...

Oh Daisy,
What a nice tribute to Pixie. You have some great memories of her. Thanks for sharing them with us!
Love Clover xo

Babs (Beetle) said...

I loved hearing Pixie smacking her lips with her banana :O) It is lovely to have video clips of our babies. I wish I had some of my past cats.

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Daisy

This was a very touching and moving tribute to your big sister Pixie. I am sure she is watching over all of you from heaven.

hugs and purrs
Abby

Monty Q. Kat said...

She was one beautiful ladycat.

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

Thank you for telling us about "Fierce Fighter Day." Your is a lovely tribute to your sister Pixie. We are also remembering TOTCB us, Ikkyu.

Your Pals,
Sen-Chan, Tom and Tama-Chan

Maureen Hayes said...

Daisy and Harley,

What a lovely tribute to your big sister. I am sorry I didn't know her as she seems like a very sweet and brave kitty. I hope you are giving your mommy lots of extra TLC today, as we get sad when we think of our "Fierce Fighters" who gone before us. I am sure looking at your cute faces will help to ease some of mommy's sadness.

Thanks for sharing Pixie with all of us and telling us about "Fierce Fighters Day".

Hugs and purrs,
Maureen

Anonymous said...

Daisy we know you and your Mom still miss Pixie. Your tribute to her is very touching, she was a very special ladycat. She is the only cat we can think of who liked bananers!

We are honoring Bounce today and his last fight only last week.

Your friends,
Lucy & Trixie

Janet said...

What a beautiful tribute to your very special sister. I'm sure you and your mommie miss her very much.

AM said...

As I am drying my tears from your beautiful post. It is nice to know that Pixie was so lucky to have a wonderful loving home with you and your beans.

Milton said...

Dasiy,
I's remember Pixie too. She was a brave and good girl. I's never known another kitty to like bananers! She was a lucky girl to have her mommy to love and care for her.

Its nice to remember the ones who have gone to the bridge. You have made a great remembrance for her today.

Cat with a Garden said...

Pixie had such huge green eyes and even tufts on her ears. She really fought long enough. It is very nice remembering her and, of course, very bitter missing her.
Purrs, Siena

Anonymous said...

That was such a beautiful tribute to Pixie, Daisy. It brought tears to my eyes!!

Anonymous said...

Daisy it was very kind of you to make such a nice remembrance about Pixie!
I'm sure she is smiling at you from heaven and she is very happy that you all remember her this nicely!
purrs

Lidian said...

What a lovely tribute. We will think of our big brother and sister Burgo and Cora today, though we did not know them. But our mom misses them very much.

Thinking of you all,

xxx Asha and Katia

Shaggy and Scout said...

::leaky eyes::
We love that last picture.

sourpuss said...

Pixie was so beautiful and I love seeing pictures of her even though it somteims makes me teary-eyed when you talk about her. Sometimes it's because I'm sad she had to live with her condition and take all those meds, but other times it's because I'm happy she lived a long life with someone who obviously loved her very much & took wonderful care of her.

Cats~Goats~Quotes said...

We will always remember your sweet Pixie. The last photo is beautiful
(((Hugs)))
~ The Bunch

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

Pixie is very very special.
She is unique and beautiful.
I always like her a lot,
especially the way she looks at this world. And her smile to this world.
She is/was really amazing to me, still to me.

Anonymous said...

My dogs will beg for banana pieces, but only likes them if they are in a certain stage of ripeness. if they are a little more ripe or a little less he will just reject them. Crazy.

Gemini and Ichiro said...

Oh what a grand tribute to Pixie!

Anonymous said...

That´s so sad! :-( It´s lovely that you wanted to create a tribute, but so sad that she is no longer around. It´s good that you understand though, lots of people become ill, it´s something you just can´t help. Have a lovely weekend :-)
Monika

Anonymous said...

I always think of Pixie when i pull a naner off the counter!
Purrs
RayPod

I is Jake said...

Ohhhh mom's eyes are watering again ...

I is Jake!

Puglette said...

Thank you for sharing your lovely tribute to your sister, Pixie. It's good thing to remember all that have gone ahead, we keep them alive with our memories.
Hugs,
Puglette
:o)

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful remembrance post of Pixie. She was very brave and unbelievably cute. You must miss her a lot.

Carolina Cats said...

That's a lovely tribyoot to yore sisfur, Daisy. We always enjoyed seeing Miss PIxie when she was on your blog and we LOVED to see her eeting bananers!! We will put up a tribyoot to owr fierce fiters later today.

Purrs,
Finny Buddy & Jazzy

Karen and Gerard said...

That is sad about Pixie. She sure had a lot of medication to take. That is such a nice picture of her laying with her mommie. I love when my cats lay with me!

Forty Paws said...

Pixie was indeed a very brave poodin who enjoyed her nanners very much. We miss her.

Luf, Us

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

We love that video of Pixie andher bananers.

BeadedTail said...

Daisy, you gave a beautiful tribute to your brave big sister Pixie. Purrs to you and your mommie as you are remembering Pixie today.

Vivienne said...

Ouch. That made my heart hurt. My baby Choober passed away last year from cancer. She really wasn't a baby; she was 17! But, well, she will always be my baby to me. She was very brave and stayed quiet in my arms when the vet had to help her get to the rainbow bridge. Thank you for reminding me to remember her today.

Lux said...

Such a fitting tribute for your wonderful brave sister, Daisy. I loved watching her eat her bananers.

GumbyTheCat said...

Nice tribute, Daisy!

Laila and Angel Minchie said...

Such a sweet tribute to dear Pixie. We always enjoyed her rare moments on the blog. What a brave little girl she was indeed.

Hugs and purrs

Unknown said...

Pixie was a very brave Fierce Fighter. Watching Pixie eat bananas was one of my all time favourite videos, she was adorable.

Very nice tribute to your big sister Daisy.

Eduardo said...

What a frierce fighter Pixi was! I know she is enjoing some bananas right now!
Hugs & Snugs
Eduardo the Snuggle Puggle

PB 'n J said...

It was so nice to see Pixie again! It's hard to lose our ones that went before, but it's better knowing that they are healthy and happy across the bridge and we'll get to see them again one day.

Purrs to you and your Mommie,
Pearl, Bert and Jake

Sunny's Mommy said...

I'd never seen Pixie's movie before. Her gourmet meal looked very yummy! I just know Pixie has lots of bananers at the bridge, Daisy. This is a beautiful tribute you've made for your sister Pixie :-)

MaoMao said...

Momma's teary-eyed at yur sweet tribute fur Pixie. What a brave and wunnerful big sissur she was, and what a loved kitty she was and will always be.

Huggies to you and yur fambly, sweet Daisy! And we love the video of Pixie eatin her naners! :)

Kittyhugs and purrs from MaoMao.

The Furry Kids said...

Pixie sure is a fierce fighter. We are so glad that we got to know her. Hugs and purrs to you guys.

Motor Home Cats said...

That was a beautiful tribute to Pixie. We still miss her, and loved that she loved Bananers. It was something extra special about her.

Tavi, Cody, Camie and Miss Jade

Sarcasm is just one more service I offer. said...

Awww she was such a cute cat. I'm sorry for your loss.

The banana video was cute. :o)

Queen Snickers, Empress and Princess Renna said...

Today has been a day a leaky eyes! That was a beautiful tribute to Pixie. We are glad for this day. Momma found a picture of her special Fierce Fighter that passed to the bridge many years ago. Our sister Renna made a tribute to her on her blog.

LZ said...

Such a difficult year its been with so many changes. We miss Pixie a lot, she was such a great Charmer.

Chase

Skeezix the Cat said...

Yoo made my face leek. We all miss Pixie vary much.

Jackie said...

Daisy,
This is a lovely and very tender tribute to Pixie.

It was very hard for me to read though.

As you know my very dear and loved Sugarpuss got out of our truck and was lost in California.

I was just looking at a few pictures of her yesterday.

My heart breaks every time I think of her.

Maybe some day I will be strong enough to share some pictures of her with you.

But for now my heart is still too tender.

You are very wonderful Daisy and very brave also.

I am so glad to see and know about Pixie.

Thank you for sharing her with us!!:-)

Anonymous said...

This wuz a nice triboot to Pixie. I miss Old Lady Dawg too sumtimes! But she wuz not a feerce fighter like Pixie wuz.

Anonymous said...

Seeing those pictures remind us that we need to cherish those we love every chance we get... when the Good Cats' kitty cousin Shiloh died, I was sad but also remembered the last time I saw him, and the good time we had... I rubbed his chin and his tummy and he purred and purred.

Two Greyhound Town said...

A very nice tribute to your big sister.

Anonymous said...

Daisy, you sure are sweet...and Pixie will always be with you. You probably get oodles of awards, but
come pickup your butterfly award for your cool blog!

Rupert said...

What a sweet cat, and a lovely tribute to her memory.

She will live on in your heart. Meanwhile, other cat(s) bask in your love.

Paws 'n Claws,
Rupert

Dr Tweety of da Fab Five said...

Oh Daisy,
dis postee justee abouts made us all haz leaky eye ballz.We alwayz adored hearin' abouts Pixie, & da Aunttie Stinkie hadz a sister of da furz affeckshun fur her. Your momee waz so fury dear to keep her so close until da time came fur Pixie to go. What a brave kittee she waz.
Love,
Dr Tweety

Anonymous said...

Dearest Daisy and Daisy's mommy,
Thank you so much for postin' the wonnerful tribute to Pixie. She is still watchin' over you...we just know she is. She was a beautiful girl and is now a happy angel with the healthiest heart in the whole world. We know that she is right there with Lucy, Ricky and Felix and they are lookin' down and are so proud.

Very truly yours,
The Whiskers and Purrs Gang

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

That is a lovely post for Pixie. She was a very brave little cat.

Max said...

Neither the Woman nor I can look at a banana without thinking about Pixie, still. Even when it's just a Nip banana...

Anonymous said...

Pixie was a very brave kitty and she taught me alot about courage.I will never forget her as she will always be in my heart...Hugs Ariel

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

Pixie was very brave it was good to see her enjoying her bananas. We think of her a lot she was very kind to share her experiences so Charybdis wouldn't be afraid of getting an ultra sound. ~S,S & C

Lorenza said...

Thanks for sharing this beautiful tribute to Pixie!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Quill and Greyson said...

What a lovely tribute Daisy.

Olga, the Traveling Bra said...

What a very beautiful tribute...and I especially love the last photo. {{hugs}}

Sabrina, Sam and Simon said...

Ohhhh Daisy, we got leaky eyed when we saw the picture of Pixie with your Mommie, that was the most precious picture ever! She was such a brave sister, and we know her and Max are playing together at the Bridge right now ...
Purrs and headbutts,
Sabrina, Sam and Simon

Anonymous said...

I lost my 13 year old kitty to cancer a week ago and your tribute to your dear Pixie made me think of her. She was only diagnosed two weeks before she went to the Rainbow bridge, but she was a fighter in my eyes. I come to your site everyday- thanks for always making me smile, Daisy.

Anonymous said...

We all miss Pixie very much. It must be hard knowing she's not with you, but still remembering that she's not in pain anymore.

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

That is a very sweet tribute to Pixis.
--JB

The Oceanside Animals said...

That's amazing! If I tried to feed Trouble bananas, she would probably throw them at me.

Quasi said...

Daisy, your wonderful rememberance brought tears to the female's eyes.

Daisy Deadhead said...

((((ohhhh)))

Kisses and hugs, loving novenas to you both!

Anonymous said...

that is really a nice tribute for Pixie. got me reminded of our beloved pets. am sure, they are all in heaven now with Pixie:)

Chaffee Street Cafe` said...

Ooh Daisy and Mommie, I am tearing up. I loved getting to see Pixie eating her bananas again. Your Mommie looked so sad and Pixie looked so tired. She is free and healthy now. I am certain you are correct. God would give Pixie all the bananas she could ever want. We love you good friends!

Theresa111 & Bobby

Rocky, Angie & S'more said...

Hi Sweet Daisy,
Thank you for the wonderful tribute to sweet Pixie. She reminds our Mommy of our little S'more.

We miss precious Pixie alot - we know she is enjoying lots of bananers at the Rainbow Bridge.

Lots of kissies and {{{hugs}}}
Rocky, Angie, S'More and our Mommy,
Karen

Mo and The Purries said...

Oh, this made me get all teary eyed all over again for dear Pixie.
I know that there are nice ripe bannanners at the Rainbow Bridge for her!
A lovely tribute.
Sending HUGS to your mommy and chin scritches to you, Daisy!

Uncle Mo

duo_disaster said...

Pixie was sure a brave kitty!

How thoughtful of you do to post such a lovely tribute for her.

Thanks for sharing her with us & we will remember her as always.

(Maybe our 1st Goofy and Pixie are friends over at the bridge?)

Shalom,
Rudolf & Goofy (Junior)

Related Posts with Thumbnails