Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Valentine to my Mommie

My friend Ariel is having a Valentine's Day contest! To enter, you create your very own homemade card. This is my mixed-media creation. I used watercolor paint, marker, stickers, clay, and to make it extra-special, I glued kibbles onto the card! It came out very colorful.
Inside the card is a message I made just for my Mommie. That part is a secret.
I put a daisy in the center of the clay heart, because I think my Mommie loves me a lot. I do not think her heart is made of clay though. I hope she likes it!
Harley! Stop eating my card! Make your own card!
The deadline to enter Ariel's contest is midnight, February 13th, so you still have time to make your own Valentine!


Share/Bookmark

82 Notes for Daisy:

Anonymous said...

That's a very nice card, Daisy! I'm sure your mommie will love it and I see Harley likes it too! He cracks me up!!

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

That is a very very considering card of Valentine, Daisy~!
You are such a sweet heart~!

Well, don't worry about Harley,
you can take few cookies from his bowl and place on your card again~!

Forever Foster said...

What a sweetheart you are, Daisy. The kibbles are a touching addition:)

Teddy Westlife said...

I think that glueing kibbles on to the card was a stroke of genius Daisy!

Huffle Mawson

Country Cats said...

It was a beautiful card Daisy; I hope your Mommie sees it before Harley eats the good bits off!

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

That is a lovely card Daisy. We hope Harley doesn't chew all the kibbles of it though.

i beati said...

It's truly lovely.The thought that you would share your kibbies is heartwarming and what Valentines is all about

Poppy Q said...

Miss D, that is a super lovely card for your mommie. We know that she loves you lots and will love the card.

Luzinha said...

Daisy!? you are so kind! beautiful card! your mommie is gonna be so happy!

all the best!

kisses for you all!

Lilly Lu, Iris and Maxwell Mufsa Millon said...

daisy that very nice of you to make a card for you mommy like that.

Lilly Lu

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

What a beautiful card! You're obviously a very thoughtful girl, Daisy!

Your Pals,
Tom and Tama-Chan

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

Your card is lovely. We are sure your Mom will love it.

We will try to enter, but Fenris is keeping us busy. Thankfully he sleeps a lot or we would never get to visit our friends.

jenianddean said...

Happy Belated Birthday. I can't believe I missed making a comment! Yesterday was also my Aunt Tiff's birthday, so it looks like she's in good company. I like your Valentine's Day card, but I think it would be eaten in our house, too.
--Jasper

The Island Cats said...

That's a beautiful card you made for your mom, Daisy!

gemmak said...

What a beautiful card, I hope your mommie likes kibbles! ;o)

Anonymous said...

I'm sure your Momie will be thriled wiv that card. It's gorjuss and we love the idea of built in snacks.

Sarge Charlie said...

nice job daisy, your mommie will like that card, come on harley, you need to make one also

Liss said...

that's a sweet card Daisy, good job! I bet your mama will love it.

JD at I Do Things said...

Daisy, you're so talented. That's a beautiful card, and I know your Mommie will love it (as long as Harley doesn't eat it first). Also: HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!!

Anonymous said...

You're mom will love it Daisy! You're beautiful AND creative. We'll have to take a peek at the contest too.

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

harley! stop eating mommie's card! daisy that is lovely!!!

smiles, auntie bee
xoxoxoxoxooxooxoxoxox

Cory said...

Daisy, you are so thoughtful and creative! Your mom will love it. We were naughty kitties and have not made any card at all. We are all too busy camped outside the door of our introder cat.

Love the kibble on the card...and so does Harley!

Babs-beetle said...

That's a very lovely Valentine card Daisy. It's got all of your favourite things on it. I hope the clay wasn't from Mr Shrill again!

Purrs, Sukie x

Unknown said...

Umm, I sure hope Mister Shrill wasn't part of your Mixed Media, Daisy! He would make for one very loud card!

Maybe you need to make a card for Harley too?

Your pal,

Petey

Unknown said...

What a very nice and creative card, Daisy! I hope you had a great birthday! ( it looks like you did)

Kiddo

Unknown said...

So sweet of you Daisy to think of mommy on Valentine's Day. So cute!

Janet said...

What a pretty card, Daisy! It was so thoughtful of you to make a card for your mommie!

Anonymous said...

Daisy your valentine for your Mom is great! You are very artistic. I hope Harley did not eat too much of it!

Cats~Goats~Quotes said...

That is a wonderful card. Your Mommie is going to be surprised! I think it is nice to keep the inside a secret just for her!
~ Noah

Jimmy Joe said...

I think that is a lovely card, Daisy, and I bet your momma will be very touched. It was especially nice of you to share some of your kibbles with her.
Your buddy, Jimmy Joe

Daisy Deadhead said...

Very nice! (I love Harley!)

Cat Street Boyz said...

Maybe we will try our paws at makeing a card while we are one the deck today......we like your card Daisy but we are not that talented. Harley, you have to make a card too!=^Y^=the Cat Street Boyz

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm, maybe we could sneak into our Mama's studio.

BumbleVee said...

I love your kibble flowers.... what a clever girl you are....

The Oceanside Animals said...

hello daisy its dennis the vizsla dog hay the only thing that mite mayk yore card even better is if it wuz mayd owt of meet!!!! mmm meeet ok bye

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

You made a lovely card. I hope you let su see the note inside avter you give it to your mommy!

Gemini and Ichiro said...

Daisy what a lovely card you made. I bet your person will really really like it.

Gemini and Ichiro said...

Oh and Harley should stop eating the Kibbles. We just learned on the Skeezix's person the Cat's Meow that those kibbles would be safe for your Mom to eat off her card. I think she should be allowed to do that herself don't you?

Jackie said...

Daisy that is the prettiest Valentine I have ever seen.

Oh dear you have the same problem with Harley that Puma has with MolliPop.

Oh I wish we had time to do this. But, getting Puma to take a picture almost calls for an act of Congress.

And we all know how that is going as of late.

So we are sorry Daisy...maybe Puma can make one next year.

Hugs for you and your mommy:-)

CHOCORICO said...

happy bday daisy. it's my bday today as well.

CHOCORICO said...

love your card.i didnt know your so "crafty".

Laila and Angel Minchie said...

What a beautiful card, Daisy!

catsynth said...

That looks like a nice card, the personal touches are what really count.

brokenteepee said...

It is good you didn't put apples on your card or I might have taken a nibble myself! It is a lovely card and I am sure your Mommy loves it.

The Devil Dog said...

That is a very pretty card, Daisy. We are sure your mommie will love it.

Roxy

Anonymous said...

mixed media should definitely include kibble!

Chaffee Street Cafe` said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chaffee Street Cafe` said...

Wow Daisy. I can see the reason Harley wants to lick your beautiful Valentine's Day Card. It's even tempting to me!

Love,

Bobby

Thoughts said...

Wow that's a really neat card Daisy! You are so creative! what a cool idea for a contest, too. maybe we'll have to go over there and check it out!

Theodore and Sasha

The Creek Cats said...

Daisy you are so furry creative! We know your Mommie will just love your mixed-media creation!

Finnegan said...

Daisy, your card is lovely. I hope I can make something as beautiful for my Valentine. Looks like Harley needs some help too. Maybe you can show him how to bring out his creative side.

Shaggy and Scout said...

It's a lovely card Daisy! Very creative!

Skeezix the Cat said...

That valentine yoo made fur yer mom is the most byootifullest I have ever seen! I'm shur yoo'll win!

Misha said...

Are there no end to your talents, Daisy? :)

Anonymous said...

Daisy you did a great job.
Inspired me to enter the contest.
I will look around for supplies.
I hope you will like it.

Sandee said...

You are such a good kitty Daisy. I know mommy loves this special Valentine's day card.

Have a purrfect day. :)

The Furry Kids said...

That is a great Valentine, Daisy! Did your Mommie share the treats with you?

Love,
Tazo

Unknown said...

Daisy, that is a very beautiful card you made for your Mommie - I especially like the kibble you attached.

Happy Belated birthday! I can't believe you are 5! You don't look a day over 2.

LZ said...

That is a fabulous Valentine Daisy!!! We want to wish you a belated happy birthday, we're so sorry we couldn't wish you a happy birthay on the day.

Kaze

Diamond Emerald-Eyes said...

That one may be hard to beat Daisy, it is certainly furry lovely!

L. Alida said...

That's a beautiful card Daisy! Mommie will be so surprised! The treats are a nice touch.
Your flowers from Skeezix are so pretty! what a great kittyboy friend you have. Lucky girl! He's lucky to have such a great kittygirl friend like you too.
Have a happy day with Harley!
Hugs,
Lorianna

TabbyNormal said...

We just can't understand how Harley could eat your lovely card. We refuse to eat kibble out of anything but our bowls.

Purrs,
Abby & Stygia

mister jeter harris, hizself said...

oh man ... i missed yer birfday daisy. i'm reelee sorree.
mi mom wuz at da d-o-g show an thingz got so confyoozed arownd her.
i know it wuz happee fer u ... becuz evree day izza happee day fer u!
i luv u--jh

mister jeter harris, hizself said...

confyoozed arownd HERE ... mi mom iz never confyoozed!

Anonymous said...

I bet your Mommie is gonna just love that card to pieces!

Cat with a Garden said...

Daisy, I think your card is lovely. And it is not kitsch at all - compared to a certain other card! Yours is very sweet and I'm sure your mommy will appreciate especially the kibble.
Purrs, Siena

Asta said...

Daisy
I think youw Mommi will be vewy vewy happy to ge youw bootiful Valentine's cawd..it looks like you put a lot of wowk and specially LOVE into it
smoochie kisses
ASTA

Nomi said...

I hope your mommy puts that lovely card up on the fwidge where everyone can see it.

Donna said...

That is so sweet! :) I think it is very purty.

Sunny's Mommy said...

That is a beautiful card, Daisy :-) I know your Mommie will love it!

Chrissie said...

You know, Daisy, even if Harley eats all the kibble off the front, you can go get some more from his bowl to paste back on! It's a very pretty card, Miss Daisy.

BeadedTail said...

That's a lovely card for your Mommie Daisy! Hopefully she sees it before Harley eats the kibble off of it!

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

I really like your card. It is very creative!
--JB

Unknown said...

Daisy yer mom will love yer card! Maybe after yoo can give Harley the kibble? Yoo know jus so he doesn't eats the card later.

Lorenza said...

Your card is beautiful Daisy!
You are very creative!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Bae Bae said...

What a pawsome Valentine's Day card. I'm sure your mommie would love it

~ Bae

Unknown said...

ooh!! you are such a gud artist Daisy how did you learn to write!? You never seize to amaze me!!

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

It is a wunnerful card Daisy. Yer Mom will love it!

Quill and Greyson said...

Kibble on the card! What an excellent present.

meemsnyc said...

Daisy, How nice of you to make a card for your mommy!!

Karen Jo said...

I like your card for your Mommie very much, Daisy. It is cute and clever. I am very late, but I still want to wish you a very Happy 5th Birthday!

The Crew said...

Isn't that just like a brother to try and steal your beautiful card you worked so hard on!

Tipper

Related Posts with Thumbnails