Monday, May 18, 2009

Monday Mystery: Solve the Riddle

For today's Monday Mystery, I have prepared another riddle for you to solve. I hope you like it! Are you ready?
My container cannot be opened with a key,
Yet golden treasure lays inside me.
With eleven others I'm usually found,
I can roll though I'm not exactly round.
I'm not the type to make a boast,
But for me, you might make a toast.
What am I?

You may begin thinking now! Hmmm, this might be a hard one...
Hey! I can tell you aren't even thinking hard yet! Try again.
Okay, that's better. Do you know the answer yet?
When you think you know the answer, press the answer button to see if you are correct!

Share/Bookmark

82 Notes for Daisy:

Teddy Westlife said...

Yay I got it right today! Happy Monday to you Daisy, and to Harley too!

Huffle Mawson

PDX pride said...

Yep, we got the right answer. :)

Poppy Q said...

Ooops I wasn't clever enuff this week. Great photos of you Miss D.

Anonymous said...

Hurray!! Momma's brain cells are awake this morning so we gots the answer!

Misha said...

I knew it without even having to look at the genius. I am genius! Hear me miaow!

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

We got it!!! We got it!!!! ~S,S,C & F

i beati said...

good one I see you had your hard thinking face on-- Angel Baby is catching many lizards and frogs. She must need to catch up..sk

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

We guesses it!!!! it's obviously something everyone loves!!!

Katie said...

Can I let you in on a secret? I've NEVER guessed one of these right - until today! YAY! I guessed an egg, and I was right! :)

Kate (Pablo's mum) said...

You're too smart for me, Daisy. I didn't have a clue.

RJ Flamingo said...

I got it, too! Yaayy! I guess my brain isn't quite as fuzzy as I thought, this morning... Prob'ly means I should go to work...:-(

Forever Foster said...

Hooray! We got it! It was the line with 'eleven' in it that clicked in mum's brain. She will feel special for the rest of the day:) MOL:)

momsbusy said...

we gots it rite!! that one was easy peasy.

whats that moms? oh, um, to tell the trooth moms tolded us the answer. so WE still goted it rite.

y2k

we still luvs to bisit yu an harley. but we donts comments much cuz moms tries to bisit as many blogs as she can but she cants help us comment cuz she wents bak to skool.

Sweet Purrfections said...

The Golden Retriever bit got me for a minute, but I did get it right! Now, let's go eat breakfast.

CCL Wendy said...

Wow Daisy! You are really good. I was thinking about an English muffin when you mentioned the toast, but that doesn't have golden stuff inside (unless it's the butter in the nooks and crannies).

Anonymous said...

Ha, I got it right away. I'm getting better at this. Great photos of you Daisy - you and your Mommy are a great photo team

Cory said...

Yay! I finally got one right! I love to steal egg shells and carry them off!

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

okay i had my thinking cap on today and GOT IT! yay!

smiles, auntie bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Dma said...

got it. of course i love eggs. can't get enough of them.

The Meezers or Billy said...

we hadded no idea - that was a really good one Daisy

Sarge Charlie said...

hip hip horay, I got it, you did not fool me this week miss daisy.

Laura said...

i got it today! YAY! thanks for the riddle miss daisy! :)

Chrissie said...

Boiled, fried or deviled? Miss Daisy, you're so funny!

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

I'm glad woo aren't yoking today!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

That was a good riddle. Mom guessed it
!

Anonymous said...

Yay! We got that one, Daisy! Did you have to crack a few eggs to prepare the riddle for us?

Sorry, that was not a very good joke, was it? We blame Whitey.

Meowers from Missouri said...

we guessed it! we can guess anything that's tasty!!

Puglette said...

woohoo! i guessed the right answer! thank you for making me think hard about this mystery, daisy. have a good day!
hugs,
puglette
:o)

The Monkeys said...

We got it right this time!

Golden treasures is so true

Have a great Monday

JD at I Do Things said...

Oh, boy. I didn't even come close, despite your very stern look. Great Monday Mystery, Daisy!

BumbleVee said...

nope...I had it wrong. I was thinking of a dozen buns.... ya know..from the toast angle it almost seemed right...and golden and all... oh, well..... next time.

Laila and Angel Minchie said...

Hahaha! Boy, were we wrong! We guessed a case of champagne! Hahaha~

Shilgiah the Cat said...

I got it right! Daisy, my mom says she is always amazed at the wonderful facial expressions and body poses you can make. Did your mom train you to do that or does it just come naturally?

Donna said...

Wow, I thot it waz sometin else. :)

Moonchild Dancing! said...

Well, I couldn't guess it. I haven't had my morning tea yet as it's still to hot to drink so Daisy, I'm just super glad that you tell us the answer or I would be thinking about it all day! :D Have a great day Daisy!

Gemini and Ichiro said...

We never would have gotten that! That was way hard for our thinking!

Mickey's Musings said...

WOOT! We got it!!!
That was a tad hard and we had to think for a few bits of time,heehee
Purrs Mickey,Georgia & Tillie

Amy & the house of cats said...

Yay, we got the answer right! That was a great riddle!!

Your pictures with it were great!

Mo and The Purries said...

Oh Daisy, that was a good one.
I guessed sardines. D'oh!

brokenteepee said...

I got that one. We have producers here on the Farm.
I like your "thinking hard" look.

Shaggy and Scout said...

Either your mysteries are getting harder or we're getting dumber. That was way too obvious & we didn't get it!

Mr. Hendrix said...

Holy Bast we got it right! Our eggs are that color too cause mommy only buys free range organic eggs (and chicken). whoo hoo! I feel very smart today. Maybe I should watch PBS tonight and learn more stuff.

Your post below reminded us of a button we saw, "Intact is whacked, Neuter is cuter"

The Devil Dog said...

Wow, mom got it right! Cool.

Roxy

Debbie said...

Good one Daisy, this is the first time I've been able to figure out your riddle.

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Oh boy, our mom is sharp today! She read it to dad while holding one in her hand and he still din't get it!

Jans Funny Farm said...

Very good, Daisy.

Anonymous said...

You stumped us again, Daisy! We thought it was a can of beer.

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

That was a good one Daisy! We didn't guess it correctly.

Julier said...

Daisy, this was too hard for us today. You had us all fooled.

Izzy, Buddy, Pepper & Lucky

Irishcoda said...

WOW, awesome riddle! I didn't even try to guess today, guess my brain hasn't recovered from my abdominal surgery yet, LOL. Now I'm going to go read your Sunday comics! :D

The Florida Furkids said...

Yippeee - we got it right!!!!!

Sniffie and the Florida Furkids

Thoughts said...

Darn it Daisy, you stumped us! Again!

Theodore and Sasha

Your Daily Cute said...

Cute, daisy. I couldn't guess at all!

Max said...

I have to admit, I didn't even try to think of the answer, because I didn't feel like having a case of TeH Stoopid today. Which is good because I don't think I would have gotten it. Yay me for knowing when to stop ;)

Connie - Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

Oh Daisy, you are so clever!

Milo and Alfie said...

Drat! We got it wrong!

The Furry Kids said...

We got one right!!! Yay!

Motor Home Cats said...

Woohoo, we knew the correct answer. You have wonderful riddles Daisy, and we enjoy trying to figure them out.

Tavi, Cody, Camie, Miss Jade and Gracie

mister jeter harris, hizself said...

hi daisy,
i think i hit da button befor i wuz sure.
dat wuzza good one.
luv--jh

BooBoo said...

That was a hard one. I wasn't sure what it was.

Anonymous said...

hahha YAY momma actually think-ed and helped me today!
Only a acuse she loves eggs..
But we did lose our concentrations when you was asking ifs we knew yet hehe your beautifullsness! :))
V-V

Babs-beetle said...

Oh Daisy! That was a good mystery. I didn't solve it I'm afraid. It's obvious I'm not as clever as you!

The Island Cats said...

We don't know how we did it, but we got it right! That was fun, Daisy!

Scrooge said...

I thinked and thinked very hard but I couldn't guess it until She showed me the picture.

That was a good riddle.

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Uh-oh, seems like most got it right but we didn't.

Kathy said...

Daisy, I got it! Must have been because of that furrowed brow look you gave me. You had me scairt to not get the answer!

Fred said...

I didn't get it today. Darn.

Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

Oh, I didn't even come CLOSE to bein' correct on that one. Mom guessed "the zodiac," but she was so terribly wrong, too.
DMM

Reese =^..^= said...

You are so clever!!!!!!

Lorenza said...

I had no idea Daisy!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

SophieKitty said...

Yay! I got it! What clued me in was "toast."

The Oceanside Animals said...

hello daisy its dennis the vizsla dog hay did i heer yoo say we wer having toast??? can i hav ekstra butter on mine??? oh and also a ---- wot??? oh dada sez i hav to be kwiet or i wil rooin the riddel ok dada wotever i am like the seventeeeth persun to leev a comment i think evryun has it figgerd owt by now!!! ok bye

Alexi said...

YAAY! I gotted it right ! I hope you emjoyed Olivia's purrhday par-tay. Thanks for dropping by the Castle.

Quill and Greyson said...

I admit I always look at the answer.

Black Cat said...

Yay, I got it right! I was nearly put off by the "eleven others" coz eggs usually come in six packs here but the toast reference did it. I thought, "No, people don't usually eat toast with champers (unless it's got caviar on it) so I think it's an egg" and lo, I was right! The photos rock Daisy dear, specially the stern one! :) xxx

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

We got it!!! It took a whiles, though. We finally thought ta add 11 and "another" and got 12. Then started thinkin in what came in "12s"

Maureen said...

Ha! Darn it, I didn't guess that one. I will try harder next week.

Sunny's Mommy said...

I had no idea, Daisy, and was going to give up. Until I saw your 3rd photo. Then I figured I better try harder! I thought it might be an egg, but I thought that was a wrong answer. So I kept thinking and came up with a dozen donuts - I would toast a box containing a dozen donuts* ;-), but I figured it couldn't be that. *Custard filled with chocolate topping. Yum!

So I guess I got it right, even though I thought my guess was wrong.

Skeezix the Cat said...

I coodn't think strate fur this one cuz thare were so many tummy shots distrakting my brane.

Samantha & Mom said...

Happy Dance!!! We got it right!! We got it right!! Whoo!! Hoo!! We are usually wrong!!
Your FL furiends,

Country Cats said...

LOL you looked grumpy in that third pic, Daisy. We got the answer right after you called us on not thinking hard enough!

Theresa111 said...

I didn't guess the answer. First I thought it was butter in gold wrapping. Second I thought it was English muffins. That was a good answer and a hard puzzle.
Theresa

Related Posts with Thumbnails