Monday, June 29, 2009

Monday Mystery: Figure out the Saying

Happy Monday, everybuddy! For today's Monday Mystery, I have made a word puzzle.
Here is how it works: the words below form a famous saying. You must figure out the saying! You should ignore the flower in the corner. That's just there to look pretty.
Would you like some hints?
  • The saying has something to do with cats
  • Leonardo da Vinci
The best way to figure it out is to say the words out loud. Start working on the puzzle... NOW!

Share/Bookmark

76 Notes for Daisy:

Daisy said...

The correct answer is: "The smallest feline is a masterpiece." It is a quote by Leonardo da Vinci!

Anonymous said...

That is one of Mom's favorite quotes, Daisy!

The Florida Furkids said...

Purrfect quote to start the week with!

Sniffie and the Florida Furkids

Motor Home Cats said...

We got it. Thanks for the fun puzzle Daisy. We love da Vinci.

Tavi, Cody, Camie, Miss Jade and Gracie

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

We got it right away. We must be improving!

RJ Flamingo said...

I'm a little foggy this morning, so I had to say it out loud a couple of times, but I gots it!

Happy Monday, Daisy!

The Whiskers and Purrs Gang said...

Dearest Daisy,
We figgered it out!!! Yay! You are a masterpiece, Miss Daisy! Please say prayers for Mazie Grace today, 'kay? She goes to the eye doktor this mornin' to see if her eyeball operation was a success!

Very truly yours,
The Whiskers and Purrs Gang

Sweet Purrfections said...

I got it! Had to say it outloud a few times, but I got it!

PDX pride said...

We got it! So true, too.

Forever Foster said...

Hooray! We got it! It is a wonderful saying:)

The Creek Cats said...

We got it right! It took a few times saying it out loud, but we got it! Not too shabby for a Monday morning, good to know our brains are working!

Parker said...

We agree Daisy!

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

The Leonardo hint did it for us. It's one of the best quotes ever!

Chrissie said...

I did it! W00t! And it is a true saying!

JD at I Do Things said...

I got it right! I know this saying and used to tell it to Prudence when she was a tiny kitten. But she has since eaten us out of house and home and the "smallest" part of the quote no longer applies. But she is still a masterpiece, as are you and Harley.

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

got it! but it took a few times! ha ha ha

smiles, auntie bee
xoxoxoxoxoxxoxoxo

Unknown said...

Our momma knew da answer wifout youz tellin' Daisy, but fanks fur da little help☺ Leo sure knew what he waz talkin' 'bout, didn't he?

CCL Wendy said...

Yes, I got it before looking! Great quote, Daisy! And so true.

The Island Cats said...

Well, it took us a little time...mom sez her brain doesn't work so good in the morning...but we got it!!!

Noll's Nip said...

I did it Daisy. I figured it out after saying it out loud 3 times ;)

Split Rock Ranch said...

Got it! And how true. ;o) Happy Monday!

Freya's Staff said...

The only saying I can think of was "As nervous as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs!"

Freya
xxx

Anonymous said...

That was a good puzzle - I got the first part all right but not the second.

Monty Q. Kat said...

What did he say about large mancats?

Shilgiah the Cat said...

I got it right! I love that saying. My mom made up a sort of similar saying: "The somewhat chubby feline is also a masterpiece". I wonder if she is talking about Tommy? Or me?

The Oceanside Animals said...

hello daisy its dennis the vizsla dog hay so leonardo da vinci liked kitties??? hmmmm didnt he hav ennything to say abowt dogs??? i wil hav to luk into this!!! ok bye

Anonymous said...

I got it Yay and I agree :)

Janet said...

That is so true! :-) TFS, Daisy! Have a wonderful day!

Dma said...

the quote fits u well.

Donna said...

Yay! I likes it.

mister jeter harris, hizself said...

duhr ... u beet me to it daisy. i noo da anser.
hmm.
luv--jh

Gemini and Ichiro said...

I got it!!! I GOT IT!!! YEAH!!!

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

Great puzzle! it was fun!

Shaggy and Scout said...

We got it!!
And its soooo true!

T said...

This is a great quote, and Daisy, I just think you are a beautiful kitty, these photos are so very nice, and show you off quite well:)

Milo and Alfie said...

Yep - we got it! YAY!

The Furry Kids said...

Mama didn't get it. hee hee

Happy Monday to you guys!

brokenteepee said...

Now, of course I think goats are a masterpiece but who am I to butt a Great Master.

The publicist was an art history major in college with a concentration on the Renaissance masters.....

The Monkeys said...

We only got it once we said it out loud!

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

Got it and we agree!

Rebecca said...

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is a GREAT one! Loved it, Daisy! You shor know yer culcha. ;)

P.S. Thanks for hosting my EC card today. :)

Max said...

Today, I feel smart :)

PB 'n J said...

That's our mom's most favoritest quotes ever!

L. Alida said...

I figured it out really quick Daisy! I love that quote. Mr. da Vinci was pretty smart! :)
You certainly are a little work of art!
Have a happy day!
Hugs and Purrs,
Lorianna

Mo and The Purries said...

That is a wonderful quote, Daisy - and a good brain-teaser for a Monday!

jenianddean said...

I got this one right ... finally figured out a riddle.
--Jasper

Skeezix the Cat said...

I got it! That's 2 weeks in a row!

Cactus Jack Splash said...

Nice puzzle, I managed to figure it out.

Amy & the house of cats said...

Oh, I like those kinds of puzzles! That was a good one!

Liss said...

The smallest feline is a master piece. How clever of you.

Anonymous said...

Hi,

It's me again.Thank you for the birthday wishes to my mom.Your such a sweet friend....Hugs

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

We got it right!!!!! Not sure how as we are not usally good at stuff like that but we did. ~S,S,C & F

Laila and Angel Minchie said...

We got it after saying it out loud twice. How true that saying is.

Misha said...

Sorry, I was distracted by the pretty pictures of you, Daisy. What was the question again? :)

Meghann said...

Aww how wonderful - and true!

Teri and her Stylish Adventure Cats said...

Thanks for the hint...we got it without looking for the first time! And our mewmie wants to know how you get your followers list at the bottom of your blog...she likes how it looks.

Anonymous said...

We actually guessed it! Oh happy day!

The Devil Dog said...

I got it, I got it. Woo hoo!

Roxy

i beati said...

You're a genius Daisy

SophieKitty said...

YAY! I got it! And Daisy, you are a masterpiece.

Lorenza said...

I got it too, Daisy!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

BeadedTail said...

We figured it out Daisy! Purrfect quote!

Cory said...

Oh we knew that one!!! We finally got one right. The only problem is...the smallest feline in this house is Bennette, so it's kinda going to her head.

Vladimir said...

Daisy me dear, you never cease to astound me with your wit, fashion sense and beauty

Teddy Westlife said...

Oh I figured it out today!

Huffle Mawson

Buckwheat Snapp said...

What about 17 pound felines? Am I a masterpiece too?

Just Ducky said...

I knew this Miss Daisy!!

Quill and Greyson said...

What about a mid-size?

Amber-Mae said...

I have no idea!!! I don't know much about felines or Da Vinci.

Smoochies,
Solid Gold Momma

MaoMao said...

Momma loves that quote! And what adorabble pickshures of you, Daisy.

Kittyhugs and purrs from MaoMao!

Cheyenne -Millie said...

A wonderful quote! Thank you Daisy!

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

Wowww....
This is really really awesome answer!!!!!
Thanks for let me know, Daisy!

Maureen said...

Yay! I got it!!!!! And Leonardo is my favorite artist of them all.

Mickey's Musings said...

YAY!!!!! We got it too !!!!
You are looking particularly curly Daisy!!
Very nice :)
Purrs Mickey,Georgia & Tillie

meowers from missouri said...

oh, we gots it! we gots it! of cawse we gots it--we is felines an' we is masterpieces!!

thanks, daisy--you made our brains wake up early, an' work hard! now we're gonna go nap again . . .

Katie said...

The smallest feline is a masterpiece! One of my favorite quotes, to be sure.

Related Posts with Thumbnails