Monday, August 31, 2009

Monday Mystery: What Is It?

For today's Monday Mystery, can anybuddy guess what these things are?
I didn't think so! Do you want some hints? (Harley, I know you're back there, trying to steal my mystery objects).
Okay, here is a close-up of the things. Does that help any?
Harley is licking one of them. They are edible, but I do not think cats would enjoy eating them.
Here is a picture of them growing on the tree in my backyard. They must be something tropical...
Did you figure it out? Click the Answer Button, below, and the answer will be revealed.

And we have more news about our webcam! We found a better webcam host, and now the video streams much faster. And also, you can join or watch the chat if you want by clicking on the "Livestream" logo in the corner of the widget. Even better, if you miss a webcast, you can click the "On Demand" button to replay an earlier webcast! Since it is too big to fit in the sidebar, it's all the way on the bottom of the page now.

Share/Bookmark

74 Notes for Daisy:

Teddy Westlife said...

I did not know what those berries were! I thought maybe mini apples at first.

I might have to go and watch some old episodes of Daisy TV. I am sad I never get to see them live.

Huffle Mawson

Donna said...

Those burries look nummy. I think mah hooman would like to get them.

I loves vidyo! I can't wait to see ur noo mooveys.

gemmak said...

Oh, I hadn't even heard of those berries, they look very tasty tho :o) I'm very happy about your new webcam, I will make sure to watch tonight, well here it is night when you have your dinner :o)

Pantoef said...

Daisy, I've been on holiday and now that I'm back I find you all modernised and asking difficult questions!
I think I will go and have a lie-down...

Poppy Q said...

Guess what - we finally guessed right. We have never eaten fresh ones, but canned quavas are one of mums faves.

Thanks for the tips on Daisy TV, as we can now watch old episodes. As we were never awake for the live show.

Smooches

Karen & Gerard Zemek said...

Your new webcam is fun! I watched for the first time yesterday and enjoyed the chat very much. Well, actually, Spunky chatted because I signed in as her. She was thrilled to get to actually talk with you two!

I thought those red things looked like grape tomatoes--wrong again.

i beati said...

wrong guess for me I said baby pomegranates..I see you had your hard look on Daisy sandy

Unknown said...

We thought they were the things inside a palm tree pod. We're excited about the updated webcam since our Mom obviously can't tell time and we keep missing you.

Sniffie and the Florida Furkids

Forever Foster said...

They sound very delicious. We thought they might have been crab apples.

It is so cool that you have set up your webcam to play old 'episodes'! We are excited to watch:)

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

We were completely stumped, but now we know!

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

We didn't know what they were. Mommy thought they might be crab apples but she was wrong. We wonder if you can find strawberry guavas at the grocery store. ~S,S,C & F

The Island Cats said...

We thought they were crabapples at first but now we know the right answer! We've never seen strawberries like those before!

The Creek Cats said...

We didn't guess right, but mom says they look yummy!

Hitesh Rawat said...

i hate time zones.....cause of that....i can't watch daisy go live on air............it will be .....2:30AM here IST.......

woo hoo......\,,,/

Chrissie said...

Dear Daisy-face,

I think they are either crabby-apples or they are teensy tinsy little pomegranates.

'Course, I could be very, very wrong, in which case I blame it all on being MONDAY!

Chrissie said...

Dear Daisy-face,

It is OBVIOUSLY Monday and I am totally WRONG WRONG WRONG. In which case I shall go back to bed and wait for Tuesday.

Your friend,

Angus

Cory said...

Well I was wrong, but I was right about what you can do with them...whap 'em!!!! They are great toys whether they are baby apples, rose hips...pomegranites or guavas...roll baby roll!

The Meezers or Billy said...

we had no clue - we thought maybe crabapples.

Anonymous said...

We did not guess correctly. We thought maybe persimmons. Rats!

We really like the new webcam a lot! Especially since we can not always watch you live!

C. JoyBell C. said...

I know! I know! They are red berried that grow on a tree!!! weeeee!!! yey me!!! :)

SeaThreePeeO said...

We have never come across them before. Are they tasty?

Dma said...

them guava look tasty.

The Furry Kids said...

We thought they were crab apples. Darn!

Happy Monday guys!
Love,
Tazo

Puglette said...

what an interesting fruit! is your mommeh going to make jam? does she eat them? your family has some very cool stuff in their yard.
hugs,
puglette
:o)

The Oceanside Animals said...

Do you plan to eat them, or bat them around? I say bat 'em!

Noll's Nip said...

Rats! Wrong again.

Breakfast With the Bennetts said...

Thanks for visiting my blog Daisy! I am so excited to have a kitty friend and not just doggy friends. I am going to watch your videos right now and can't wait for this afternoon, it is so cool to be able to watch you!

kitty kisses
Andy

Shaggy and Scout said...

That froot is too exotic for us in the midwest to know about. We thought it might be a plum.

We watched the webcast yeSterday! How cool to see you & Harley live! You are just as pretty as ever and wow Harley is a big dude!

mog said...

Watching you is a real treat. Thanks for making it possible to watch old episodes as I am not at the computer when you are live.

I was wrong on the berries. You look a little grouchy with the berries, not having fun playing with them?

Gemini and Ichiro said...

Wow! Those were interesting. I have never seen anything like them before! At first we thought perhaps they were baby pomegranates!

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

WE guessed wrong, too. You really had us stumped this time. Mom ste a reminded on her phone so we could watch your web cam! Now we can go soo older ones!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm- didn't get that. Never saw those before - at first I thought they might be crab apples but then in the bigger picture they reminded of very small pomegranates...this mystery was truly mystifying

Jackie said...

Good morning Daisy! I am so glad to finally be here! It wasn't evil squirrel that kept me away.

It was evil satellite connection. But, I know you and Harley will forgive me. You are both so nice, adorable, smart, and understanding!!

Did I leave enough compliments to convince you?

Wow what a tricky one today because they look just like little apples or plums.

Rascal and Puma both guessed that too. But, you outsmarted all of us.

None of us even thought or said the word berry not even once.

So Yayyyyy for you and Harley you win again!!:-)

Meowers from Missouri said...

oh, goodness! we woulda NEFUR guessed that! even our mom said she thought they were crabby apples!

L. Alida said...

I thought they were Lady Apples! Strawberry Guava? Does Mommie make jam from them? That may be delicious on toast. :)
I am going to try really hard to catch your webcam Daisy! How fun for you all! You and your family always do the coolest and most "funnest" things!
How is Harley feeling? I hope his mouth is owie free right now.
Hugs,
Lorianna

Debbie said...

That was a hard one. First I thought plums, then little persimmons but I have never heard of strawberry guava!

Reese =^..^= said...

I thought they were miniature pomegranates!! Exciting news about your new webcam host. That will make it easier for effurry buddy!

brokenteepee said...

I guessed wrong but I am a mountain goat not a tropical goat.

Your new webcam is very nice. I see you let Harley finish your dinner.

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

We didn't know what they were. We thought it was crab apples.

Milo and Alfie said...

We thort they were crab apples - so were wrong!

loki said...

We failed the test! We didn't know about those berries either.
Are those berries good?

Loki

Ariel said...

I would have never guess that...."Darn" :)

Cat Street Boyz said...

We didn't know what they were. The main fruits up here are apples, pears, plums, peaches, and pretty soon, PUMPKINS for pies!!! You have some cool things there...except the gators{{{scarry}}}=^Y^=the Cat Street Boyz

Cindy said...

At first I thought it was cherry tomatoes.
Cindy

Amy & the house of cats said...

I thought that they were some sort of weird baby pomegranates - the color looks the same. I was totally wrong!

Oh, and I have seen the webcam it was good but I can't wait to see the new faster version!

The Kitty Krew said...

We thought they were some kind of apple, too. Oh well, we learned something new!

We hope the new webcam thing goes well, we've missed all the episodes so far!

Purrs and hugs,
The Kitty Krew

Poppy said...

They look like toy balls to me! I hope you got to roll them around to play with them a bit!

Poppy

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

We guessed wrong...but that's okay. They look pretty funky to us.

Bonnie Story said...

We are thinkin' tiny pomegranates!! Let's make pom-tinis!! Careful Harley, they could make you black and white and pink all over! We really liked the cool smackdown the other day, in a big fat rush and couldn't comment - we loved H's crazy look!! Daisy saw that coming and nipped it in the bud with the Paw of Fear! But seriously, we are so, so, so thrilled and honored to have the Daisy widget on our blog today - it is so nice to see you there and it's a pleasure doin' business with you!! Thank you very much!! We have a celebri-cat widget today, so cool.

Black Cat said...

I thought they looked like pomegranates, only too small. When I pressed the button and saw the answer, I found out something new, as I'd never heard of these fruits before (only "bog-standard" guavas). You're a great edumacator Daisy! :)xxx

Ariel BushyTales said...

Wow, I don't know what those things are Daisy, but unless they're stuffed with chicken, I would walk away!

Ikaika said...

My mom says those are strawberry guavas. The plants grow wild in Hawai'i, where my mom is from, but they are considered an invasive plant species, crowding out native forests.

Rosemary B❤️ said...

Oh ratsinfratz I guessed crabbie apples. They look pretty, but I hate fruit, how about some ice cream??

purrs to both of you

Theresa111 said...

I have never heard of this fruit before. Thanks for the data.

JD at I Do Things said...

Huh! Strawberry guavas! Never heard of them. I thought maybe they were crabapples.

I can't wait to test your new webcam today!

Jackie said...

Daisy you are such a smart kitty and I would like to thank you for telling me you can't read my RSS feed.

My blog design person has checked everything and all appears to working.

But, she did want me to ask you if you would be so kind to drop back over and tell me which reader you use so she can do a double check?

We really would appreciate it as we don't want you and Harley to miss out on anything.

Rascal and Puma would be very upset with me if I posted about them and both of you missed it.

Thanks bunches!!

Purssssss and hugs!!:-)

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

they look like crabapples but i don't think they grow here. i love guava jam!

smiles, auntie bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Meghann said...

Oooh those look delicious! I made a cranberry bundt cake yesterday so at first I thought they were big cranberries - Daisy looks so pretty and dainty next to them :)
Arwen says hello to all of you and sends little kisses to you all to thank you for your blog visit :)
Meg

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Ummmmm YUM!
We knew and Momma use to love guava jelly!


purrs
Abby

Maureen said...

Wow, I NEVER would have guessed that! Cool!

Anonymous said...

You fooled us again, Daisy!

Pee Ess: We saw your card at Walmart:)

Lorenza said...

This was a real mystery!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

SophieKitty said...

I knew it some kind of fruit, but that is as far as I got. Love the new webcam!

Anonymous said...

We didn't have a clue! Guess we'd better study up on our fruits!

Quill and Greyson said...

I was going with mini pomegranates.

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Mom thinks we would like them a lot!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Duffy said...

I would definitely eat them. I might throw them up later, but I would still definitely eat them.

Thanks for visiting my blog.
Luv, Duffy

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

Well, they were too big fer holly berries and too ugly fer little tamaters... But we dint guess right.

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

Wowww....
I didn't know this berry before~!
Thanks for let me know, Daisy!

Cheyenne -Millie said...

Thank you for telling us about that plant... mom thought it was something like pomegranites!

Were they yummies?

Anonymous said...

Like everyone else, I had no idea either what they were...and was very surprised (and educated) when I clicked on the button. :) I don't think it's something our Seamus would like either.

Shilgiah the Cat said...

They are teenie tiny pomegranets right? Now I need to look at the big question mark button.

Anonymous said...

Hi Daisy we does not have those thangs here! Wut does they taste like? They looks like little appulls!

Yer pal Dozer

Stephanie said...

You are so smart Daisy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails