Friday, December 4, 2009

Can you help some buddies in need?

Today I am hoping for a little holiday miracle. Can anyone help a pair of cats in need? This is a story about Minnie and Lucky, a pair of 8 year old brother and sister cats in need of a Forever home so they do not have to go to the shelter.
This is Minnie, a beautiful house panther.
And this is her brother, Lucky. He is hoping he can live up to his name!
This sweet and affectionate pair live in the western Chicago suburbs. Their owner is moving into a home with an allergic child and can no longer keep them. If you can find room in your heart and home for this pair, who must be adopted together, the owner is willing to give you food and litter for a year, as well as funds to help with any expenses.

If you would like more details, or know someone who might be interested, please contact Julia at idothingATgmailDOTcom.

Share/Bookmark

41 Notes for Daisy:

JD at I Do Things said...

Thank you so much, Daisy, for helping to share the story of Lucky and Minnie. They appreciate it so much, and so do I.

You are a very generous cat to share your blog with so many cats in need of Forever Homes.

Thank you again.

Kathy said...

This is awesome. I hope Minnie and Lucky can find a forever home. You are so wonderful to do this for them.

Anyone reading comments, please vote this post up on Stumble (I already submitted it) and Tweet it. Let's spread the word!

Gemini and Ichiro said...

I wish I lived close enough to help. What marvelous looking cats. We have retweeted for you to get more word out.

*lynne* said...

oooh I wish I could help! I'm no longer in Chicagoland for one thing, but also our cat doesn't play well with other cats (can we say hissy fits?). :( I do hope Lucky and Mini find a Forever Home!!

Jans Funny Farm said...

We sure hope these two cats are adopted quickly so they don't have to go to the shelter!

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

We hope those two sweet kitties find a forever home together very soon.

Babs-beetle said...

I wish I could help poor Lucky and Minnie.

Cindy said...

I wish I could. They be taken quickly.
cindy

The Florida Furkids said...

We hope they can find a forever home and not need to go to the shelter. We'll tweet it and put it on Facebook too.

Sniffie and the Florida Furkids

Angel Ginger Jasper said...

Please someone take these two little darlings, so they dont hae to endure the shelter. I will be praying so loud for this to happen.. Hugs GJ and Carol x

brokenteepee said...

I hope they find a home. I know Sherpa was happy to come to the Farm from the shelter....

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

We are purring and praying for these babies!

Cat with a Garden said...

Oh, how we hope for the two to find a forever home!

JD at I Do Things said...

Thank you, everyone, for all the good wishes and Tweets.

Lucky and Minnie appreciate your help!

Amy & the house of cats said...

I wish we could take them but right now we just can't do it - and unfortunately I don't know anyone in the area looking for one cat, let alone two (the few people I know with cats are always joking that they don't want them - which to me is just not funny at all). I feel so bad for these poor kitties and their poor owner who is probably very sad to have to give them up. We are going to link to your post Daisy, so we can have more people see that they need some help.

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Amy! That's so sweet of you.

JD at I Do Things said...

Woops! That was me, JD, posting accidentally as "Anonymous."

Anonymous said...

We'll put up a link to your post to try to help the Chicago cats!

Camp Stanhope Happenings said...

It must be heartbreaking to give these two up. You can tell that they want the kitties to go to a good home and to keep in contact with them. I hope they get their Christmas wish!

BeadedTail said...

We wish we could take them but we can send our purrayers that Lucky and Minnie find a loving home soon!

JD at I Do Things said...

Thank you, Camp Stanhope Happenings, for the link, and everyone else for the good wishes and prayers!

Forever Foster said...

We are sending very big purrs for Lucky and Minnie to find a wonderful safe home. We are also sending soft purrs of comfort to their family. It must be a really hard time for them.

Donna said...

I hopes they has plenny good luck. Hugs! {{{Lucky & Minnie}}}

:)

Cats~Goats~Quotes said...

We sure do hope a forever home can be found for these beauties.
~ Timothy and The Bunch

Luigi | UPrinting.com said...

Wow! Those are beautiful cats. Maybe Daisy and Harley are really having fun playing with them.

Quill and Greyson said...

I hope these two sweeties find a great home!!

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

Oh we hopes they find a forever home. How sad about the allergies. Kids benefit so much from having pets in their lives.

We will say some purrs for them and help pass the word.. ~S,S,C & F

Puppy on a Roomba said...

I'm in the Chicago western suburbs. I asked and asked (and Mommy begged) but Daddy says no kitties. :( BUT my groomer lady in Woodridge takes in kitties and finds them homes at her shop sometimes. I thinks she is pretty full because she took in kitties from a shelter recently to avoid them being put down, but with the year of food and litter, that could maybe make a difference to her. My mommy will email with info in case you want to contact her. Her shop is very nice! Plus, I can post on my bloggy about it, I has some Chicago area readers.

Your Daily Cute said...

I sent a link over to my sister. She used to live in Chicago. Maybe she has some friends who might help, or maybe they know somebuddy...

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

THey are so lovely. We wish we had space. But The Big Thing say 3 cats are the limit.

Lorenza said...

Paws crossed for them!
I hope they find a lovely home!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Sparkle said...

I tweeted, and I had my human post on Facebook. It sounds like a lot of humans are spreading the word - really hope someone comes through!!

Skeezix the Cat said...

Oh, whut a sad sad story!

Anonymous said...

Suggest she keep the kitties in one room and buy four ORECK air cleaners before she goes without them. She and the person she is moving in with should at least try. I had three cats placed in a shelter and they did not do well. Ring worm. total over population and depression. I am trying to bring them home if I can. Someone, please help this lady!!!

JD at I Do Things said...

Thank you EVERYONE! For the purrs, prayers, links, and good thoughts. I know Lucky and Minnie will find a good home.

SeaThreePeeO said...

If only we lived closer, we wouldn't think twice about welcoming them into our home.

We're purring that Minnie and Lucky get their forever home in time for Christmas!

The Oceanside Animals said...

We hope they get to go to a good home together!

Unknown said...

Hope Minnie and Lucky find forever homes! We are so far away here in Sweden. Hope there is someone who lives closer who can help.
Purrs & Best wishes from
Sara Cat and Anna

JD at I Do Things said...

Good news!

Lucky and Minnie have found a Forever Home!

Thank you, Daisy, for helping to share their story. It meant so much to me -- and to Lucky and Minnie.

It's a Christmas miracle!

Anonymous said...

This kind of story kills me because I know their Mom feels anguish about giving them up. I used to be allergic but I toughed it out and now have a BIG family of kitties. But I am an adult. A child is another story. I would take them if I could but I live on the West Coast. My question is the Mom willing to ship. I know loads of cat lovers out here and maybe with the food and litter part it could inspire someone to make some extra room.

Julia said...

Great. I'm happy to hear the good news. I featured them on my google wave adoption wave. If anyone would like to post info about animals looking for homes, I welcome you. My address is jeannequilts (at) googlewave (dot) com and the wave is called Pet Adoption Wave

Related Posts with Thumbnails