Tuesday, February 23, 2010

A Nip and a Tuck

I been noticing that some of my photos make my belly look a little, er, squishy. I am very crabilated about that because I only weigh SEVEN pounds. You might remember I had to have stones surgically removed from my bladder. I think that made my belly even squishier.
Take this picture for instance. It was very Wrong to show this picture without some fancy editing first. All the famous models get their photos retouched!
Do I look much better now? I instantly lost about 3 pounds! And I got some fancy new furs to cover the bald parts of my tummy.

Share/Bookmark

88 Notes for Daisy:

Anonymous said...

Daisy dear, we adore your squishy belleh! Srsly.

gemmak said...

Oh no, I think your natural look is so much better and so much cuter :)

lovcats said...

You are very cute daisy!

Jen said...

Oh my, I think you look considerably better without the liposuction (the after photo is a bit scary :o)

Poppy Q said...

Miss D, your belly is like mine, and my mums. Just more of us to love.

Forever Foster said...

The famous models just get their flaws airbrushed. You, my dear, do not have any flaws.

Cat with a Garden said...

Oh Daisy, tell me all about squishy bellies. I haven't told this anyone yet, but when I had my spay surgery a few weeks ago the vet afterwards commented to my mom that she had to cut through quite the layer of fat. She called me a chubby teenager! Can you believe it? They should have done a liposuction with the spaying.
Purrs, Siena

Anonymous said...

NO Miss Daisy!! Don't become a liposuctioned, botoxed, plastic cat! We like the natural Daisy, and your squshy belleh makes you cute.

Teddy Westlife said...

Daisy, my mum nearly spat her drink all over the computer, she laughed so hard. I prefer your natural belleh.

Goldie, Shade and Banshee said...

I like your belly au naturel, Daisy. That squared off look doesn't suit you at all!

Lisa Kolosey said...

Squishy belly should be the new black! It could be called the Daisy belly. You look delightful Daisy as always.
~Lisa Co9T

Marg said...

Daisy you look much better all natural. You do not have a squishy belly at all. You should see some of us. Our fat bellies hang down. You look just terrific.

Unknown said...

Oh, Daisy. You are just fine, just the way you are!
Hugs,
Anna

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

We thinks we likes the picture before it was retouched best. ~AFSS

Karen & Gerard Zemek said...

Actually, I like your squishy belly! It makes you look so cute and cuddly!

The Taylor CatSSSSS said...

Daisy, we think that you are perfect without any editing! We have missed visiting with you and Harley!

Love, uSSSSS

Freya's Staff said...

DAISY!!! I was just coughing as I scrolled down to see your touched up picture, and I CHOKED!!!
Apparently, it seems, you can't laugh and cough at the same time..

Please don't do any more funny things on your website without warning! :-)

PussDaddy said...

OMG go back to your squishy self. I like it better.

PussDaddy

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness, no! daisy au naturale is so much better. your tummy is the cutest! show it off! woo!

Hansel said...

We like the natural daisy. It makes you look healthy! the other one makes you look like a tiny E.T.!

i beati said...

I expect to see you next on your own cosmetic surgery show or a gust appearance on the rel nip and tuck !!ha ha

The Meezers or Billy said...

daisy we love you just the way you are!!!! squishy belly and all!

The Florida Furkids said...

We think you're purrfect just the way you are. Your squishy belly is adorable.

Sniffie and the Florida Furkids

Kea said...

We think you are lovely just as you are! But to be honest, the belly picture made our human laugh and laugh. We don't know what she finds so funny, her belly is pretty squishy these days too!

Meghann said...

Aww don't worry Daisy, we all have something on us that is a little squishy! I happen to have quite a bit of me that is squishy (which is why I'm never in a bathing suit and why I try not to be photographed unless it is from the chest up, lol).
We all think you are beautiful as you are, without the lipo :)
Meg and Arwen the Wonder Dog.

Donna said...

I think ur tummy is just cute. :)

HMS said...

Your natural belly looks the best. A lady cat should have some curves to her. You look beautifully Rubenesque.

Clarissa said...

Oh Daisy! We love your squishy belly and it's furless spots. Clarissa has a squishy belly AND it is bare. But she over-grooms it. She is also a larger kitty than you and weighs about 10 lbs.

Anymew, we wouldn't change anything about you!!!

Purrs,
Sable (Clarissa's brofur)

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

you look purrfect daisy!!!

smiles, auntie bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

We like you with a squishy belly Daisy. Skeezix would too because that means there is more of you to love.

meowers from missouri said...

oh, dear daisy! we LOVES yer squishy belleh!! like our mom sez, you can't belleh-dance wifout a belleh, an' you can't get a good belleh-rub wifout one, either!!!

The WriggleButts said...

Oh noes - we prefer the cute, kissable tummy. (We both have them, too.)

Purrs,
Virus & Hyssing

Cory said...

Mom is laughing uh...with you...not at you Daisy!

We like the squishy look best...more kissable.

Teri and her Stylish Adventure Cats said...

Efurryone knows, Devon Rex are supposed to look like they just ate a full meal...we think it even says that in the breed standard...not a word about liposuction!

Raymond and Busby said...

Um, Daisy, we like you better without retouching. xoxo

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

Daisy, we love you just as you are. Perfect!

Kathy said...

Bellehs are made to be squishy and be squished :) You don't need retouching, Miss Daisy. If it bothers you, though, maybe you can wear a little girdle under your fashions.

The Oceanside Animals said...

hello daisy its dennis the vizsla dog hay i think that their is a pengwin impersonating yoo or sumthing!!! ok bye

Terrie D. (StarSpry) said...

I think you look perfect just the way you are, Daisy!! I love the squishy belly :)

BumbleVee said...

I definitely prefer your natural tummy....and why wouldn't I? I have the same persistent little mound of roundness in that very same area that refuses to flatten out...even with rigorous training. sigh.....I think I am too old to flatten it out .... I guess it is part of a girl's hourglass figure... Marilyn had it too remember .... and it sure didn't stop her from being an amazing sex symbol.... besides... you-know-who loves you in spite of it!!

Tammy said...

No retouching needed! You look great, squishy belly and all :)

Puglette said...

daisy, you are just beautiful as nature made you. no photo shop or airbrushing required!
hugs,
puglette
:o)

Gemini and Ichiro said...

Daisy we think you have a lovely squishy belleh. I am certain that your squishiness is only because of your surgery. Otherwise you are in fine shape. I think humans need to avoid taking photos that make us look bad...

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

I need the name of your surgeon fur my mom!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

A few Good Cats said...

Daisy, we think the woman on page 194 is beautiful with her un-Photoshopped squishy tummy and so are you!

The Island Cats said...

Daisy, we think we like your squishy belly better!

My belly is getting squishy too...and my mom is threatening to get me a tummy tuck! Yikes!!

Wally

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

We love you just the way you are....please don't get your pics touched!
--JB

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't worry about it Daisy - you're so cute no matter squishy tummy or no...

Milo and Alfie Marshall said...

But Daisy, we adore yoo just as yoo are! Squishy belleh and all!

Laila and Angel Minchie said...

Oh, Daisy, we love you squishy belleh and all. You are purrfect just the way you are!

Sparkle said...

Daisy, just because they do it for magazine covers does not mean it's right! Everybody looks bad from certain angles. Your belly looks CUTE not too squishy when photographed properly. I think from now on, you should get photo approval before anything goes on your blog. And tell them to ditch the "cosmetic" Photoshopping. You don't need it.

Shilgiah the Cat said...

Oh Daisy!
You look gorgeous just the way you are!! Don't ever let anyone tell you that your tummy is too squishy!! All girl kitties have squishy tummys only baby kitties have unsquishy tummys!

You are beautiful always!

CCL Wendy said...

No, frankly Daisy -- I like the real you better -- squishy parts and all. That's a very normal place for a kitty to have a little extra squishy stuff.

The photoshopped picture makes you look like some kind of zombie-kitty.

You're definitely way cuter as is!

Spike William and Angels China Cat and Willow said...

I like your squishy belly - I have one also hehe! Mine is partly fur-less too but it's mostly grown back since I quit overgrooming!

Purrrrrrrrrrs, China Cat

Cat Street Boyz said...

Daisy, we have to say...we love your squishy belly....it's cute...really!!

Unknown said...

Daisy we loves yer squishy belleh 'asides all models might get those tummy tucks but yoo shud show dem its okay to be au natural!

Sweet Purrfections said...

Daisy, you wouldn't be you without your squishy little belly.

Joanne Olivieri said...

Daisy, You are gorgeous just the way you are :)

dennis said...

Dennis thinks Daisy is GORGEOUS!

brokenteepee said...

You shouldn't be crabilated! I love your squishily belly.

One Cats Nip said...

Oh no Daisy you look much better all natural! the models just need to be retouched because they dont really look that good but you you're naturally lovely!

Your Daily Cute said...

Aw, Daisy. I like the squishy you! And your original furs have that fabulous brown spot... Stay just like you are! :)

Lisa + current cat said...

We like your squishiness.

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

Oh Daisy, you are purrfect just how you are. If you were supposed to be different, you would be. Besides....there are some squishy tummy models these days....at least there was a bit of a hullabaloo about some one time.

Ann said...

Oh Daisy I wouldn't have even noticed the squishy belly if you hadn't mentioned it. I think you look just wonderful without the touch up. The other models may need it but certainly not you.

Anonymous said...

Uh Daisy...we don't think that the edited photo looks very good:( Just be you:)

The Crew said...

Oh Daisy dear, I think your real tummy looks fine the way it is. Besides if you lost 3 lb. you'd only have 4 left. You'd hardly weigh more than a kitten!


Your friend
Misty

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Oh Daisy
YOU are quite beautiful and we all have a bit of a squishy tummie that makes us all soft and loveable and squishy!

purry purrs
Abby

Amy & the house of cats said...

Daisy you are just perfect the way you are - we don't like the retouched you as much because, well, it just isn't you! We have pictures like that too - there is one of Lola that is hilarious - she looks like Jaba the Hut (wait mom said that is mean to say - well, too bad it is true!) She doesn't really look that way but the way her belly is in the picture she looks double her size! So don't worry! We love you, even if you are a bit squishy! Plus, Squishy is just such a fun word - so it must be good to be that way!

GLOGIRLY said...

Daisy, I know EXACTLY how you feel. I was involved in a harrowing ribbon incident a couple of years ago that left me with a scarred and squishy tummy. Most of my furs cover it, but I'm very self-conscious in front of the camera. Photoshop can work wonders, but I'm thinking of consulting with a Plastic Cat Surgeon.

By the way, I want to thank you soooo much for visiting my blog during the Cat-O-Lympics! It was a great week for sure. I've already started training for the next games... Power Napping!

mew!
Katie
(Glogirly's Olympian Cat)

dArtagnan Rumblepurr/Diego Hamlet Moonfur said...

We agree, you're perfect just as you are!!

Lin said...

I've got a squishy belly too, Daisy. :)

Jans Funny Farm said...

Sorry, Daisy, we think you looked much better in the first photo. The other one makes you look ... well, kind of strange. We like you just the way you are.

Pip said...

Silly girl. You are gorjeous. You not need any editting.
You are purrrrfect just the way you is!!

meowmeowmans said...

You look cuter with the squishy belly! :)

Kim said...

Daisy - crabilated is a very cool word, would you mind if I borrowed it? Also, Angel Kitty has a VERY squishy belly and it's nice and cuddly.

Quill and Greyson said...

You look better all natural Daisy!!

Miss Lizzy said...

You must be teeney tiny, Daisy! We had a kitty with a squishy belly, once. It hung down and swayed when he walked! We think you look perfect au naturale.

SophieKitty said...

Your perfect the way you are, Daisy!

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

We like the all natural Daisy better! The other one is kinda scary!

jenianddean said...

I think you're beautiful just the way you are.
--Jasper

Anonymous said...

NO! We love you and your squishy parts just the same. do not nip tuck. :-)

Theresa, Joe and Bobby

Rose Clearfield said...

Too funny Daisy!

I have been given the Sunshine Award and I have decided to pass it onto you!

to receive your award just go to my blog and copy it over

http://randomcreative28.blogspot.com :)

M Dawson said...

You don't look tubby. You don't look anything except CAT shaped. Daisy you are a star!

Debbie said...

I don't think the very thin models look healthy. You look very healthy and just purrfect with your squishy belly.

Mrs Sweetwater said...

hmmm kitteh liposuction. what they gonna suck outta there, kisses ??
aahhhh you're so cute Daisy.

Patrice said...

Oh Daisy, don't worry about it. We all get a little squishy in the belly as we age. We love your natural belly...even squishy!

Keiko said...

We just saw this now, we love reading your old posts! This one made my mummy burst into a fit of laughter! bahahaha!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails