Monday, March 1, 2010

Monday Mystery: A Word Puzzle

Do you want to try another word puzzle today? I think this will be a challenging one!
Here are some hints:
  • It is an Irish proverb
  • It has to do with cats
  • I agree with this proverb!
  • If you read it out loud, it sometimes helps
What do you mean you did not get it yet? You have to think real, real hard. Try again please.
If you are having trouble thinking, you could try closing your eyes and concentrating. Here I am demonstrating how you should concentrate. Concentrating is different than napping. Good luck!

Share/Bookmark

76 Notes for Daisy:

Milo and Alfie Marshall said...

We got this one straight away! We're feeling VERY alert today!

Forever Foster said...

We like that quote a lot. They are very wise words.

Teddy Westlife said...

I am not feeling very alert today. I can't get it! Help!

Anonymous said...

Whew! That was a tough one Daisy. But after we all concentrated we finally got it.

Kathy said...

Daisy, I got one! Finally! But not at first. It wasn't until I saw that stern look on your face that I went back and tried again.

(And I agree with the proverb too!)

Angel Simba said...

Very very true words, Dasiy. Great post!

The Florida Furkids said...

We had a hard time with it but we got it and agree!!

Sniffie and the Florida Furkids

Donna said...

I din't get it. I sorries.

Lisa Kolosey said...

I'm trying but I think it might be too early for such thinking...I'll try again later.
~Lisa Co9T

Parker said...

That was a hard one!

Mango the Maltese kiddo said...

Give me the answer please please!
Would coffee help me think better?
Your nose is quite red today, what kind of nosestick do you use?
I'm bad heh? but I'm back!
I miss you so much, I want to promise that I visit your blog at least once a week and blog more frequently.
I'll come back to see you soon.
(You don't notice that I have been out a long while, do you? choking back tears! sob sob!
Love ya lots!

Anonymous said...

We agree with that proverb, too, Daisy! We do not trust anybuddy who does not like animals and bebbehs.

We love that you used the word "Peep" in the clue - because it is Peep Season and Mom loves Peeps! There are some on her blog today!

The Creek Cats said...

We got it! We got it! So true!

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

We got it! We got it! We agree with it as well.

Daisy said...

Here is the answer for anybuddy who wants it:

"Beware of people who dislike cats"

Kea said...

It took a few tries but we finally got it! We agree too!

i beati said...

I aM SLOW this am did not sleep well but I might have it hahah

Goldie, Shade and Banshee said...

WE got it!

We posted about such a person today! Now we are really worried!!!!!

Cory said...

I love the quote Daisy! Mom has a quote at her desk at work that says "He who dislikes the cat was in his former life a rat".

Have a great Monday!

Anonymous said...

what a good one!!! i agree with this quote too, daisy. people who don't like kittehs got something suspicious going on...

Dma said...

i agree with that proverb.

p.s. i closed my eyes to concentrate like you said but unfortunately i fell asleep.

Anonymous said...

We are not getting this one...yet!

Rosemary B❤️ said...

I got it!!!!
I agree. It is always important to beware of people who dislike cats!


bonkbonk to you and Harley

Anonymous said...

Well I didn't get it - even after I saw the answer I had a problem - must be very sleepy today. I really like that first pic of you Daisy - so pretty!

Mr. Grumpster Wilfred III said...

oh, i got it!
those pics of you helped us to concentrate better!

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

I have not had my nip coffee yet this morning and I dont get it!
--JB

The Oceanside Animals said...

hello daisy its dennis the vizsla dog hay it is troo abowt consentrayshun but i hav fownd that it offen leeds to naps!!! pee ess i am not shoor the persun wot rote that proverb ever met trouble the kitty!!! ha ha ok bye

Shaggy and Scout said...

Concentrating is different than napping!!! There goes mom's excuse.

Raymond and Busby said...

Good word puzzle today Daisy! Tell Harley we said "hi"!

Joanne Olivieri said...

Daisy, I haven't had my morning coffee yet - I didn't get it. You stumped me :D

Aneeter said...

So very true!!

Gemini and Ichiro said...

That was a harder one today Daisy! We had parts but weren't putting it together!

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

That took some brain power! But Mom did get it!

The Furry Kids said...

We agree!

catsynth said...

We got it! Very sage advice.

Puglette said...

i got it! i got it!! that is a good proverb, daisy. and so very true. happy monday!
hugs,
puglette
:o)

Cats in Trees said...

Do those exist? We can't imagine... But if they do: fine words indeed.

Laura, Cosmo, Hallie and Nemo said...

I had to think real hard with this one but I got it. And the cats and I agree too!!

CCL Wendy said...

I think I got it, but I'm not familiar with the saying. It makes common sense though.

You concentrate real well, Daisy! I think you really helped me along.

JD at I Do Things said...

I got it! OK, not right away. I did have to concentrate a bit, and that made me feel sleepy, so I took a nap. But when I woke up: I got it! (And I agree too!)

Sparkle said...

I had to concentrate a little to get it (almost as hard as you showed us in your last photo), but I figured it out and it IS true!

BumbleVee said...

concentrating is very much like napping for some people ..hahahha ..... good one Daisy

I got it today...woohoo... must have had a good nap just before reading it...

brokenteepee said...

Who could dislike you?!
I agree....

BeadedTail said...

It took us awhile but we got it! And we agree it's so true!

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

That is a great one and we completely agree!

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

i refuse to have any friends that don't like cats, they are not to be trusted!!!

smiles, auntie bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxooxox

Anonymous said...

We got it!

One Cats Nip said...

hehe only got half of it..not on the top of my game but I am a cat of the internet so I googled it MUAHAH and I agree!!!

The Island Cats said...

We got it, Daisy! And those are wise words....

Buggys said...

This is a rule to live by I think!

Sakura said...

you are a brillant cat
very wise and intelligent
thank you for the quotes
:)
have a nice day and week
:)

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

Quite right, Daisy, quite right!

Clara said...

Very clever puzzle, Daisy. And I agree with it, too.

Christine said...

It took me a little while, but I got it! And I agree with the proverb, too. How can anyone NOT like kittehs?

Amy & the house of cats said...

WE got it on the third try. We can live with that!

Mickey's Musings said...

Hahahaha!! That was a good one Daisy! We agree with it too :
Oh, we really likes your Friday Sweater post!! You are too cute !!
Yup... pink is your colour!!
Purrs Mickey, Georgia & Tillie

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Well, really, dat is a furry good saying and we don't like dem peeps dat don't like us!

Ann said...

i got it right away good one

Jen said...

That took me longer than I like to admit, but I finally got it.

Andree said...

I'm too stoopid for this one.
:-(

Meghann said...

That took me a couple of times, but I DEFINITELY agree with it :)

meowmeowmans said...

We got it, and we definitely agree! :)

Pip said...

We agrees. Thanks for the puzzle Daisy!

SophieKitty said...

I got it! And the saying is true!

Sweet Purrfections said...

That is so true! I got it the first time.

Admiral Hestorb said...

Daisy your riddle was so good that me and mom couldn't get it. Your pictures were so pretty especially when you were concentrating with your eyes closed.

Lorenza said...

Hi, Daisy!
Try one...
Try two...
Try three... got it!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

dArtagnan Rumblepurr/Diego Hamlet Moonfur said...

Such true words!!

Sasha said...

I could not concentrate because Lynettea is annoying me.

Sherry said...

Stopping by to see your cute pics!

Cheyenne -Millie said...

My mom is kind of sleepy today! She can't think for me... or I for her!

Jaya said...

Aye yie yie, that took me several tries, but I finally got it.

The Crew said...

Mom had to help us, but we got it! How could anyone dislike cats?!

Jasmine and Amber Lucille said...

That was a pretty easy and extremely wise puzzle/proverb.

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

Oh, we agree with that quote. Thanks for telling us the answer our brains are not working this morning. ~AFSS

Skeezix the Cat said...

WOW! I closed my eyes to consentrate, and it werked! I got it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails