Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Toesday with Pixie!

My little sister, Daisy, had to go back to the V-E-T today. They are taking another x-ray to see if the special diet dissolved her bladder stones. Since she is busy today, I will try to take over for her. Remember, I have very severe cardiomyopathy and take many medicines each day, so I am sorry that I am not as cute and little as Daisy. I am still a good cat though.
Because it is Toesday, and I am a very experienced 11-year-old girl, I would like to demonstrate the proper method for cleaning your toes. Below is a step-by-step guide. Let me know if you have any questions!







PS: We will post an update on Daisy later on. If the special diet did not dissolve her stones, she will need to have surgery. So I am crossing my very clean toes and saying a little prayer for her.

Share/Bookmark

27 Notes for Daisy:

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

That's a great series of photos. :) You have lovely toes Pixie! I think you are a very nice cat. Sorry to hear that you have cardiomyopathy and have to take lots of medicines. :(

I hope all goes well for Daisy at the vet! My paws are crossed for her. I hope she doesn't need to have surgery. I'm sending positive thoughts her way.

Shilgiah the Cat said...

Pixie, I really like your instructions for toes cleaning. You shouldn't compare your cuteness to your little sister. I love your eyes and facial expressions...so serious. You are very cute and curly too.

Do the medicines you take for the cardiomyopathy taste icky? Hope the vet says Daisy is getting better. Tommy and I are crossing our toes and sending wellness wishes and thoughts to both of you.

Anonymous said...

I has to take: Enalapril, Plavix, Dilacor, and Spironalactone every day. But my Mommie puts them in a piece of cheese so I don't mind too much.

Piggy and Grover said...

Daisy! That was informative and so very cute of you, too. You make it look so easy! It's no fun to take medicines and we are sorry you have to. We are crossing our paws that you have good news from the vet. We are sending purrs and love and our mom is, too.

Gattina said...

It looks like film ! Do you also pull at your claws ? Pookie does it and very strong. You also are a cute cat, only a little older.

Christine and FAZ said...

Hi Pixie, great demonstration on toe cleaning. It's good that they are especially clean for when you cross them for Daisy. We miss her and hope she feels better soon but hope you join her more often for blogging too (if you feel up to it). I know cardiomyopathy can be very tiring. Faz

Anonymous said...

Pixie, you have a very good method to your cleaning regimen. Your toes look beautiful! You are just as cute as your little sister ~ pretty fur colors :-) I am sorry you have to take pills, but if they help you, it is worth the agony of taking them

I am hoping Daisy's doc appointment brings great results.

I hope this is the best day ever for all of you.

The M's said...

Oh, we do hope that little Daisy has broken up those stones, the thought of her having to have surgery is killing us. We will send positive thoughts and purrayers your way.

LZ said...

Oh Pixie, I think you are quite gorgeous! In fact, I'm just starting up a harem of lovely lady cats and I was wondering if you might like to join? No pressure of course.

Chase

(We'll all be singing for Daisy!)

Myst and Blackie said...

Pixie - we think you are a very sweet & beautiful girl. We think when you get to be our age (we are little older than you) that we outgrow cute & become beautiful. We crossed our paws for Daisy & hope she gets good report.

Forty Paws said...

Wunnerful step-by-step proseechur. We rite it down fur fushur refernse.
We stinks u is furry cute and byoutiful. We stinks u ist curly too. We ist sorry u haz to take lots of meds. We knows wat dat ist like.
We send furry prayers Daisy's way.
Luf, Us

Mattingly said...

Pixie you are a very beautiful ladycat. And let me say, you have fantastic toes. We are a big fan of toes over here... well Mom is... she's always trying to eat ours. We know good toes when we see them. We are very sorry that you are sick, but we are glad you have someone loving to take care of you properly! We'll be thinking good thoughts for Daisy today too!

Anonymous said...

On the contrary, Pixie -- you are not only a good cat, but a cute little sweetheart! (With cute toes, too)

All the Good Cats are sending stone-dissolving vibes to Daisy...

Emma's Kat said...

Very clean tootsies indeed! It's nice hear from you too, Pixie! You did a great job on your post today! Love those toe pads of yours!

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

Awwww Pixie! You are a lovely mature woman! And I love your toes!

Susie said...

Furry good repurrting Pixie - and good toe grooming! We look forward to hearing good news about Daisy - purrrrs :)

DK & The Fluffies said...

Excellent toe cleaning!

KC and the Giggleman Kitties said...

Pixie, you are a doll. Very nice fur and coloring. And you do have very nice toesies.

Very nice to meet you.

We're all praying for Daisy, can't wait for the update that she's out of surgery!

Mo and The Purries said...

Pixie: that was great instructions! You should do a cat-how-to video for the youngsters!
I hope you're getting lots of rest today!

Anonymous said...

Pixe, we think you are a very beautiful cat! Thank you for the instructions to clean our toes properly. Tucker needs help.

We hope Daisy will be feeling better and home soon!

Lux said...

You are very cute, Pixie, and I love your toes!

Madness, Trouble, Squish and Milkbone said...

Oh Pixie that is a very good lesson about toe cleaning. And you are plenty cute!

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Yoo taut Daisy how to be a sweet kitty, didn't you? Yoor furry pritty. We just heard about Daisy and thot we wood stop offer and see how she's doin. Good to hear she is out of serjeree and will be coming home. We'll say sum heeling purrayers for her and fur you too!

INAMINI said...

Pixie, you did a fine job of cleaning your toes. We really appreciate your illustrated manual.
LOKi

Anonymous said...

You're a lovely kitty, and very thorough with the toe cleaning. Some of us (Grr) should pay attention and work on it more. It's very nice to meet you, and we hope you post more often.
Midnight

Anonymous said...

You do a really good job of toe cleaning, Pixie. I am glad to read that Daisy came through surgery OK and that she will be coming home. I am thinking good healing thoughts for her.

Mr. Hendrix said...

Oh Pixie,don't be silly, you are just as cute as Daisy. Mommy said she wants to squishy face on you (where she kisses your nose and you scrunch your face up...) so watch out!!! I'm sorry you have to take medicine so much. You have a wonderful mommy to take such good care of you.

I'm glad Daisy is doing better. We're sending happy thoughts your way!

Related Posts with Thumbnails