Thursday, May 24, 2007

Thursday Thirteen, Edition #22

Here are 13 things I have learned about lizards from my scientific study this week:
  1. They do not really enjoy being confined in the Lizard Observation Pen.
  2. Lizards love to do push-ups. I am very surprised that their arms are not more pumped-up.
  3. The closer you put your face to the lizard, the faster he moves! And lizards can move very very FAST.
  4. I was not able to hyp-no-tize the lizard. (I think the lizard knew I was going to put him in a pink dress and blond wig once he was hyp-no-tized).
  5. The lizard's tail does not fall off if you do not touch him.
  6. A lizard can do some good climbing on the mesh of the Lizard Observation Pen.
  7. The thing on their neck that puffs out is called a dew lap or throat fan. I like to call it a goiter.
  8. Lizards like to eat small insects and bugs. I would like to eat the lizard.
  9. Lizards do not like to nap when they are in the Lizard Observation Pen.
  10. When the lizard's tail breaks off, it continues to wiggle around! Just the tail!
  11. Lizards can bite, but their teeths are too tiny to hurt you.
  12. Their skin molts, but just in little pieces. So you can't get a lizard skin outfit from his molt.
  13. It is very hard to get a lizard into a harness and leash.
Notice how I did not refer to my lizard as George? That is because when he is a scientific research subject, the lizard cannot have a name. Except, maybe, "Scientific Subject A." This is so you can stay objective in your research. Besides, George never comes when called.


Share/Bookmark

49 Notes for Daisy:

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Wow, Daisy, I learned a lot about lizards! You clearly learned a lot too, through your research study. That is amazing that their tails continue to flop when it breaks off. Thanks for the lesson!

Parker said...

I think the tails flop to distract you while George, oh, I mean scientific subject A runs away!

Oscar the Puppy Cat said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! You are a quick study! I especially like observation #4! You are a very good student and Biology is very important in the study of medicine!

Unknown said...

Or you can call him Scientific Subject G (code for George)!!!

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

We can tell dat yoo haf had medikal training acuz yoo called his nek thingie a goiter and dat a medikal term (we asked mommy). Also, yoo were furry sientifik and did not name yoor subjekt. Altho we are with the Meezer Gang, Sientifik Subjekt G (for George) wood work furry well. Grate reserch Dr. Daisy!

Monty Q. Kat said...

Excellent list on 'Subject Matter A', you could turn this into a grant proposal so you can study lizards more.

Oh! And ask for money to hire an assistant too, that way Skeezix would be able to help you!

Jake and Bathsheba said...

Daisy, you are the most studious cat on the internet. We're very impressed with your research, but you still need to analyze how lizards taste.

~J&B

Icon Baxter Bentley said...

Did you try to get him on a leash?
I like numbers 4, 8, 9, 10, 13 the best!

Forty Paws said...

Wow Daisy!! We learned a lot!! Will there be a PoP Kwiz? We have studied very hard!

Luf, Us

Rosemary B❤️ said...

This was very interesting and most of this information were things we never ever knew.
That would be very cool if you could get "Scientific subject A" on a leash!

<3 ~ C + P

LZ said...

Hmm...I think you should use this as your thesis for a PhD! You are obviously very scientific. Oh, but if I were you I'd edit out the line that says you want to eat him. That's not really scientific, I think that's a feeling or something.

Kaze

The Meezers or Billy said...

Daisy, those is furry good observayshuns! about the tail wiggling around - yuck.

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

daisy i think george should want to wear a harness and let you walk him, he just doesn't realize how cute he would be or he would do it i am sure. have a furry nice day daisy...

smiles, auntie bee

Mr. Hendrix said...

wow, you learned a lot in that 20 minutes. You are very smart and observant. I think it may be best you weren't able to hyp-no-tize the lizard. You may have given him a complex....

Tara said...

You make a good scientist Daisy, great observations! Mom works with a guy who can make a lizard noose out of a long piece of grass, and can always catch one!

Tara

Katnippia said...

Hi Daisy! I finks your list is very informative. If youz wants Sia could catch you some more cousins of George. She has gotten the hang of catching themz...Pounce

Big Piney Woods Cats said...

I found this furry interesting cuz we don't have lizards in the Big Piney Woods. Do their tails really fall off ifn you touch them? This is a miracle of some sorts, I think.

Momma really laughed at your post, I really don't know what was funny. She laughs at the strangest things.

Patches

The M's said...

Wow, you are very scientific. thank you for teaching us what you learned.

Lux said...

I feel like I've been in school! Thanks for teaching me about lizards; all I knew before was that they're fun to chase.

Shaggy and Scout said...

Maybe you can get just enough leezard skin to make a cute little coin purse!
Thanks for the birthday wishes!!

Ann M & the Kitties said...

Oooooooh, you are a lucky girl. Lizzards are our favorite toys.

Christine and FAZ said...

this is very interesting Daisy, thank you for taking the time to study the lizard (and not eat him). FAZ

Bogdan, the editor said...

Wow! You are a very good researcher. You should publish a report in a scientific journal!

It was a a very good idea to get a Lizard Observation Pen. It's been fun learning so much about your Florida lizards.

Samantha & Mom said...

Dr. Daisy, CPhD. We liked all the information you listed for George, oh I mean "Scientific Subject A". Tigger says, he still likes to pull their tails off, though. I will be more careful next time I catch, oh I mean study one. Have a great day.
Be blessed,
Samantha, Tigger and Mom

Anonymous said...

"Wow" very interesting stuff you sure know lot about lizards Daisy :)

TheSlyCat said...

That is great research. I am doing a study on Birds right now and Kon is working on his Bugology degree. Just this morning he was very busy studying a fly and a spider last night. We are also awaiting the Cicadas that Mom and Dad have been talking about. They are supposed to be emerging soon, but we haven't seen any yet. They are also supposed to be tasty!

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Daisy

WE need to get together and compare scientific notes on S.FL lizards and N. FL lizards!

Abby

Meowers from Missouri said...

oh, miss daisy! what a wonnerful education we gets when we reads your bloggie!! since we might get a lizzerd some day (we has a kind wif a blue tail in missouri), it's furry important to be in the know!!

an' mom sez she will pay green papers to see a picture if you efurr get "the subject" in a dress an' wig!!!

Ayla said...

I definitely like finding #4 the best but personally I would've gone with #8. It does look yummy.

Skeezix the Cat said...

Daisy, I am SO IMPREST by the objektive and scientifik way yoo do yer reseerch. Do yoo ware a kyoot lab kote win yer doing yer reeserch? If yoo wunt, Tripper the psyko stray cat can ketch sum more lizzerds for yoo for yer reeserch. As long as yoo don't mind them withowt all thare lims or with ants all over them.

Anonymous said...

Daisy, dear, you are not only beautiful but you are a gifted scientist! Have you thought about going for your PhD?

Purrs and snuggles from Marilyn!

MaoMao said...

hehehe, I think you oughtta dress that lizard up like Skeezix, all in pinkies!

Karen Jo said...

I think getting Scientific Subject A into a harness would be difficult. Lizards are very wiggly. Some of the lizards around here have teeth sharp enough to draw blood on a human, so be careful. I think your fur would protect you, though.

Toby Snowshoe said...

Hi, I am new to your blog (found you through Skeezix's ultracool blog) and I just really wanted to tell you how much I liked your videos. That one about the catnip? Really scared me -- I'll think twice the next time a shady lady comes my way...

My mom used to live in Florida and she told me all about the lizards. She always thought they were way cool, and she said that she really liked your scientific observations.

Unknown said...

I love to learn new things!!! Great list

Unknown said...

Very informative my furry friend. Next time I come across a lizard, I'll be sure to vigorously bat at it's body to guarantee it's tail comes off.

- Pip

The Lazy Iguana said...

Skipper wants to come live with you. He likes to study lizards too. He can be your lab assistant.

Mo and The Purries said...

Dear Dr. Daisy,
You are just the smartest kitty we know. Thanks for all the lizard info!

Daphne & Chloe

PS: Not The Mama said, "Wow - Daisy's mommie took a great picture there with Daisy's eyes framed in the handle!"

Mercy's Maid said...

Very cute 13! I love lizards. We find lots of the same species as yours at my boyfriend's house.

Spoon of life said...

You're a scientist too...there's nothing you can do!!!

Love:)

M.

Anonymous said...

Daisy, you're a doll! No wonder the Ballicai like you so much. An adorable T13!

Cuddles and scritches to you, cutie!

Unknown said...

OMG I haven't laughed so hard all day. Great Post! Great research too, I did not know most of those things about lizards. lol

Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

Dr. Daisy ... Great post! So informative, yet objective. I think that you should write a book about your lizard studies.
DMM

Anonymous said...

Very interesting. I have never read so much about lizards at one time before. I didn't know a lot of those things.

PrincessMia said...

whoa. All I needed to read is "lizard push ups". I must do my own research!

Zoey and the furballs said...

Daisy you are very good at your scientific observation.

The Rock Chick said...

The neighbor kids have several lizards in their house set up in these huge tanks...cages? Not sure what you call them. I didn't think they'd be all that enjoyable to look at, but surprisingly, they are somewhat mezmerizing in their movements.

Very cool post!! I learned a lot of new things!

Happy TT!
Jessica The Rock Chick

Books, hooks, needles, and my weightloss journey said...

Those are some great observations Daisy! I always enjoy reading (or watching :D) your posts about lizards.
Have a great weekend!
Tina

Anita said...

Daisy says: "I was not able to hyp-no-tize the lizard. (I think the lizard knew I was going to put him in a pink dress and blond wig once he was hyp-no-tized)."

Hahahahahahahahahaha!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails