Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Lizards are Rude

This little lizard got into my house. So, I decided to study him for a while. The end of his tail was missing before I got to him. I swear! I tried to shake hands with him, but the lizard did not seem to understand that custom. He just sat there. He might have been a little bit rude. I have been learning during my lizard studies that very many lizards are rude like that.
Then, he tried to run away! I am not sure why though, because I was not even playing rough.
But I caught up to him with no trouble. He smelled very lizard-y. Maybe he needed to wash his hair. I tried to help him out by grooming him, but he did not like that. I think this proves my point about his rudeness. I let the little lizard go back outside so he could grow up.

After studying the little lizard very closely, I made a detailed, scientific sketch. This took me many hours. Please click HERE to see my drawing. You will not be sorry.

Share/Bookmark

63 Notes for Daisy:

Parker said...

Daisy, I guess some reptiles are just rude, dirty-haired creatures! You even tried to shake paws with him! Your lizard drawing was very lifelike. I did not know that lizards have blue eyes and wear lipstick - this is very interesting! I wonder what shade of lipstick they prefer!

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Wow, that lizard was tiny! I'm sorry he was rude to you. It was nice to you to let him go back outside. I like your lizard drawing!

MISS PEACH ~(^.^)~ said...

Daisy that is a tiny guy! guess what? I have lizards here too!!! I will show them to efurrrycat on Wednesday:)
Well when I took your advice and came out of the frying pan....my lapdaddy saw my tummy...I am in trouble again!!
maybe I'll come visit you and we can compare our lizards?

Myst (Muddy's Brother) said...

OMG, that is the cutest cutest series of photos .... and great adventure. I think I will go search my house for a lizard, too.

Ali & Fiona said...

Daisy we love your Scientific drawing of the rude lizard. Perhaps because he was a baby his parents haven't taught him manners.

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Daisy yoo are a grate artist. Yoo haf so menny talents. Yoo were furry kind to let the little lizzerd go. I don't fink we could have.

Unknown said...

Daisy, Maybe that lizard was rude because he was dead. Was he dead? Cause he looks dead...

Daisy said...

Dear Meezers,
The baby lizard was not dead. But he was very.... relaxed. I do not know if he had very much life left in him. Sorry.

Donny and Marie and Casey said...

MOL! That lizard picture sure took a lot of effort to make it look realistic - esp the face!!

~Marie

Daisy, you are cute too, like a lil sis. :)

Lizards don't seem to be the only rude ones...so are bugs too!

~Donny

Anonymous said...

Hi Daisy, maybe he was too scairt and that's why he was rude. He also very tiny. It was nice of you to let him grow up. Yore pikshur of him is really really good.

Cats~Goats~Quotes said...

It was very kind of you to let the lizard go after studying him.

Your drawing is very lifelike, even showing his little broken tail.

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

the lizzard was a baby and didn't know how to play honey, that's what i think. and you draw furry good. i think your mommie shud put your drawing on the big box where they keeps the foods that is cold inside. it would look furry good there!

smiles, auntie bee

Anonymous said...

Hi Daisy,

Yes I agree lizards are rude.I met
one once at the vet he didn't want to talk either.Maybe he was just alittle scared cause your alot bigger.

Dma said...

You know more about lizards than I do Daisy. Very impressive observations. And your drawing is tremendous.

Forty Paws said...

What a great lizard sketch Daisy!!! You are doing a wonderful job studying lizards. We are so sorry that he was a bit rude. Maybe it was because he was already missing part of his tail?

Luf, Us

LZ said...

Wow, you have a lot of opportunities to study lizards! He looks very interesting and I wish I could smell what lizard-y smells like.

Kaze

Unknown said...

Daisy, that is a very scientific looking picture of the lizard. Was his name George?

Christine and FAZ said...

Fantastic drawing Daisy - there is no end to your talents. I am sure you have already been nominated by have nominated you for a Rockin' Girl Blogger award too. FAZ

mister jeter harris, hizself said...

deer daisy,
yer so funnee ... i wuz laffin an laffin wen i saw yer drawin (i wuz not disappointed!)
i wanna talk to u abowt da growt between yer tilez... it'z much MUCH cleener dan da growt between mi tilez ... an, i think we hav da same tilez. wut'z yer secret?
luv--yer frend--jh

Anonymous said...

That was a very cute little lizard!
Although he was very rude you drawed him very sweet and smiling. Perhaps he was rude because of his pain in his ...well.. missing tail?

Daisy said...

Jeter, I do not know how the grout stays clean because my Mommie hates to mop. And vacuum. And dust. Really, any kind of cleaning.

Skeezix the Cat said...

Wow, Daisy, I'm reely imprest by yer scientifik illustrayshun skills. That lizzerd drawing was amazing!!!! And I never realized that lizzerds were so rood.

Well, gotta go and git bak to likking my magnit.

Mungo N Teazer (and the Firecat too!!!) said...

Awesum pickshure of da baby lizzard! He was such a nittybitty thing!

Rosemary B❤️ said...

The picture is pretty. You are a wonderful scientist Daisy :-)

<3 Princess

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Dat was furry rude dat da lizzerd woodent shake hands. Maybe hiz parents haffent had time to teech him manners yet. We like yoor drawing of him, furry lifelike.

Anonymous said...

Now Daisy, that looks like fun! We don't have lizards here...

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Daisy

I think you did your Mom a public service by taking care of getting rid of that lizard for her.My Mom makes all kind of squeaky noises when she sees lizards, and heaven forbid if one gets in the house. But she need not worry with 5 cats we will all take care of any lizard that would dare come into our house...with glee.

~Abby

Unknown said...

Daisy, your detailed scientific sketch was purry, purry good! In addition to being a doctor maybe you could be a lizard scientist!

It must be exciting to see lizards, we don't have them here, but they sure look interesting.

Monica said...

Daisy, I noticed in your illustration that the little lizard was smiling. So maybe he wasn't being rude, but maybe he isn't familiar with shaking hands. I wonder what the appropriate greeting is in lizard culture?

Anonymous said...

we love your drawing! we think maybe all reptiles are rude. our 2 swimmy turtles, Fred and George, never talk to us or play with us or anything. plus they don't want to share their shrimp. how rude is THAT?

The Feline Sextet said...

Oh oh oh Daisy, we finks dats da same lisserd we had here da ofur day, it looks just like him! We finks maybe he was so rude acause he was tired, and prolly skeered! Furry good study of him, and you were furry kind to let him go when it was ofur! Yur drawing is furry furry good, it's nice you drawed him so happy!
*headbutts and purrrrrs*
T.F.S.

DK & The Fluffies said...

Excellent drawing!

HRH Yao-Lin said...

hahahaha! Excellent picture Daisy!!! And what a very rude lizard. i can't say I have ever met a real life lizard before - I think i would be rather ill mannered to it if I ever did! xx

Mr. Hendrix said...

I think the lizard might have been nervous about whatever incident caused the loss of his tail. Kinda like how you hissed at your mommy at the vet but didn't mean to. He was upset about something else.

Your sketch of him taught me a lot about lizards. I've never seen one in person so now I know what they look like up close! I'm glad you let him go.

Karen Jo said...

I agree with the others that maybe the little lizard was rude because he was scared and his tail was hurting. I really like your drawing of him. It was very good fo you to let him go, so he could grow up.

Luna und Luzie said...

Wow, this is a very good toy !
I m not sure , if we have those lizards here in Germany but I would like to play with it.

The Furry Kids said...

I have learned lots about lizards today, especially from your in depth drawing. This was a very informative post. Thank you for sharing your knowledge of lizards with us.

Titus

Tanj,Uschi&Vladi said...

Lizards look like a lot of fun, maybe their a bit rude but they look like they would be a ball to play with. Not only are you a movie star but also an artist, you have such talents.

Anonymous said...

What a teeny-tiny lizard! And your drawing of him was adorable. Perhaps he was rude, such a shame -- but since he is so small, do you think perhaps he might be a baby lizard who hasn't learned to talk?

Your adventures are simply delightful, dear Daisy!

Purrs and snuggles from Marilyn.

Shaggy and Scout said...

Reptiles are cold blooded so that must mean they are cold hearted which equals rude.
We now know that you are an artistic talent too! Miss Daisy you are amazing!

MaoMao said...

Man oh man whatta cute little lizzard feller! I wanna play with him, too. I'm sorry he don't say much -- that's kinda like my stuffed Meezer, but at least the lizzard feller moves around which makes him more fun! I love the drawin' you did of him, really really cute!

Kittyhugs and purrs from MaoMao!

Unknown said...

You have drawn a very good lizard drawing. I am impressed! I have never seen a lizard near my house before. We don't have a lot of them in Ohio. I wish we did, they look fun.

Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

When you were smellin' him, did you get a chance to taste him just a little bit? He looks furry tasty ... Maybe like a gummy worm? Charmee likes gummy worms, so he would've eaten that little lizard.

Even though he's furry tiny, Mom would have screamed like a banshee if she'd found him in the house. Your momma must be much braver than mine. Mine's a weenie about reptiles and amphibians and birdies and other stuff like that ... "If it doesn't have some kinda fur ...". BAH!

I was NOT disappointed at all when I clicked on the link to your gallery ... What a glorious depiction of that lizard as a drag queen! Such expertly applied make-up! You are a true artiste ...
DMM

The Misadventures Of Me said...

Daisy you dids so well with that lizzzard. =) I now know what one looks like cuz I havent seens any here.

The Cat Realm said...

You are such a lady, Daisy! That drawing is very beautiful! But if you ever want a crash course in lizards - go come and ask Karl, he is a world renowned lizard expert! Especially lizard handling....

Dobby said...

That is a lot of rudeness packed into such a small little tiny lizard. He has some nerve being so rude to you. Your picture is very nice. I like the lines on his body.

I wanted to let you know that I told my MomDad all about you and your awesome blog and about how you go on walks with a leash like I do and that you even have a stroller. I guess they thought that sounded cool so they went out and bought a harness and leash for my Brudder the PixieBob cat. They took him outside today and they wanted to walk him to the mailboxes but he didn't make it past the driveway before getting to skeert and hiding under the car. Needless to say, it's not going well so far. Do you have any tips for him to get past his skeerty cat-ness so he can enjoy a walk outside with MomDad?

Scout said...

lizzards rock my world!! I luvs me sum lizzards!!

Tara said...

Great drawing! Looks like you are going to be good at biological illustration as well! To bad the little lizard was so rude...
Tara

Kate (Pablo's mum) said...

He is tiny! Maybe he was just shy... hey, that is the best scientific lizard drawing ever. I especially like the tail-stub detail!

The Meezers or Billy said...

well, he was just rude!! what was his name? George Jr? what did he taste like? that's a great pikshur!

Lux said...

You were being so nice to him, too, Daisy - it's not right! But I *love your drawing of him!

sammawow said...

Maybe after he goes outside and grows up, he will be able to come back to you and explain his rudeness. Anyway, you have that great scientific sketch so you will recognize him when he returns!

Purrrrrs, China Cat & Willow

Samantha & Mom said...

That is one great drawing Daisy, it looks so lifelike. Maybe the lizard was just in awe of you, because you are so famous. He didn't know how to act.
Samantha & Tigger

Zoey and the furballs said...

Daisy you are quite a good researcher and artist. Perhaps now you should start a school to teach lizards manners.

lordjaders said...

Verrry scientific drrrawing. You arrre quite the arrrtist. Toads arrre rrrude also. And if you taste them they make yourrr mouth foam for hours!

Max said...

Wow...he was smiling. Bet he didn't know you were about to chomp down, did he... ? ;)

Just Sharlene and the Spice Cats said...

Hahaha....I am amazed, Daisy. You are so gentle with the lizard! So unlike the Spice Cats!

Kimo and Sabi said...

Wowy - that sketch is totally awesome!

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

I like the drawing~!
And it is very cute that you wanna shake hands with him.

Mo and The Purries said...

Oh Daisy -- that was the tiny tiniest littlest lizard ever!

But your drawing -- that made me almost have a Depends Moment!

cheers from one one your biggest bean fans,
Not The Mama

Gretchen said...

I've never seen a lizard. Not even a plastic on like Miss Peach had for breakfast. They look like they'd fun to play with.

Anonymous said...

Daisy, you know I like you very, very much! But after I have seen your sketch I LOVE you!! :)

Know I finally can show my cats what a lizard is, in a scientific way...

Thank You!

Icon Baxter Bentley said...

That is a very nice drawing

Related Posts with Thumbnails