Thursday, November 8, 2007

Thursday 13, Edition #45: Why are lizards so bad?

(This lizard on my patio would not even turn his head and smile for the camera!)

I have been thinking and thinking about why lizards are so rude. I think I have figured out 13 reasons why lizards act bad all the time:
  1. Because lizard skin purses and shoes are in fashion right now.
  2. Their tails fall off, at the slightest touch! I have not lost my tail, even once.
  3. Maybe they are sad because they do not have a soft fur coat like mine.
  4. I have never seen any lizard toys. I would be in a bad mood too if I did not have any toys.
  5. Because they have to live outside, even though they are always trying to sneak into my house.
  6. I think they must be very disappointed that there are no cute lizard fashions for them to wear. Maybe the lizards would be nicer if they had a cute poodle skirt to wear. I know it made me happy.
  7. I do not think they have any friends. I only see single lizards.
  8. There is the slight possibility that they are upset about the Lizard Stew I made.
  9. They have to run around hunting bugs. I like to hunt bugs, but I also have a big bowl of stinky goodness AND crunchies for whenever I get hungry.
  10. Maybe their Mommies never taught them any manners.
  11. They might still be a little bit mad that I posted a Lizard Hunting Guide for Cats.
  12. There are not any good TV shows about lizards. I do not think they enjoy watching Crocodile Hunter.
  13. I think they could have just been born bad. In that case, it is not really their fault.
Just in case you have any doubts, here is a short documentary I made proving that lizards are BAD:


Share/Bookmark

64 Notes for Daisy:

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Great list and cute video Daisy! I could hear you pawing at the window! That lizard was very rude indeed.

Anonymous said...

That was a shame that the window was between you and the little bastard!

Parker said...

That proves it Daisy, Lizards are bad! He should not have called you a bad name!

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

The minute we saw a TT about lizards we knew it was yours Daisy.

Mommy did a TT about topaz.

~Scylla, Charybdis & Sockie~Pooh

impwork said...

Inspired TT :-)

Joyismygoal said...

I lovelizards

Sophie Brador said...

Excellent observations, especially that one about the poodle skirts. I don't think we have lizards here, but we do have cats. Wait. oops. I didn't mean that. But since I brought it up, why do cats always swat my nose?

XO
SB

Anonymous said...

haha cute :)

The WriggleButts said...

Hi Daisy! We don't think we've ever met a Lizard, but we're glad you taught us a bit about them so we'll be prepared if we do!

Mom says she had pet lizards as a kid.. We wonder if they got toys or poodle skirts...

The WriggleButts

Laila and Angel Minchie said...

Cool video! Could you ship a lizard to us so we can join in the fun on lizard hunts?

jayedee said...

lizards rock! (but so does your thursday thirteen!)

Honey P. Sunshine said...

that Keith!! not the lizard

The Misadventures Of Me said...

I likes your news video, it is very informatives.

Mickey's Musings said...

I can see from your video that George was a big tease! Calling you a bad name is simply rude. I think not having any toys as a kid must be his problem.That's what Mom always says about difficult beans ;)

Monty Q. Kat said...

Well, lizards can be bad as long as they don't taste bad...

Raggedy said...

Daisy! I loved your vid!
Terrific Thursday Thirteen!
My TT is posted.
Have a wonderful day!
Happy TT'ing!
*^_^
(=':'=)
(")_ (")Š
Raggedy

Diamond Emerald-Eyes said...

It's very annoying when I am on one side of the window and the lizards are on the other side.

Patti said...

Great TT, Daisy!! I'm guessing there's more than a SLIGHT possibility that they are upset about the lizard stew you made! hehe :) Happy Thursday!!

Lizards drool!
Cats rule!

Mo and The Purries said...

Oh, I can't believe George called you a bad name!
BAD lizard!

You always make me smile, Daisy.
Thank you.
~Not The Mama

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

Oah Daisy,
I am crazy laugh at the video, and certainly agree with you~!!
Never make friends with lizards~! They are so bad~!!

Forty Paws said...

Well, this proves it. Florida lizards are much more rude than Texas lizards.

Luf, Us

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Yer rite Daisy, that is a bad lizzerd. We don't git lizzerds here but we git newts who look like George's cuzzins furrom ofurr the sea. They live in ponds and streams, and their tails fall off too.

Captain Jack and Sir Dante said...

How dare that lizard try to taught and trick you. We think you are right and lizards are bad!!

Sunny's Mommy said...

True. But they're not so bad when they allow you to play with them.

jenianddean said...

We think lizards are very rude also! They are always taunting Josie. They are always laying around our deck and puffing themselves up at her. How rude!

I think South Carolina lizards must be related to Florida lizards.

-Jasper McKitten-Cat

Anonymous said...

Perhaps lizards talk rudely to get attention? You know that happens...

I'm not defending them or anything. They are quite rude, but still.

Tybalt said...

Those are all very good points, Daisy. I think you probably are right. I bet ALL of those reasons are why lizards are bad and rude! I loved your video. I could clearly see George taunting you through the window. How dare he call you a bad name! He's just jealous of your poodle skirt.

LZ said...

That movie certainly proves they are BAD. I mean, who goes around calling their friends bad names?

Kaze

Dma said...

Excellent and informative documentary. I do have to disagree with #6 on your list. There was a girl who appeared on David Letterman a while back who would hypnotize lizards by rubbing their bellies and then she would dress the up in cute costumes. It was pretty entertaining.

Rosemary B❤️ said...

You are right. Lizards are bad.
Do not bother trying to make freinds with them either!

Purrrrs

Queen Snickers, Empress and Princess Renna said...

Lizards are bad! One broke into my house just the other day! It's the first one we've ever seen at our home. We took a picture so you can see him. He doesn't look much like George, maybe he's someone new? You'll have to come and tell me Monday.

TRIPPER THE PSYKO STRAY CAT said...

DAISY CAN YOO MAKE A MOOVEY WARE YOO SHOW YERSELF RIPPING THE LIZZERDS TALE OFF AND ALL OF HIS BLUDS GUSHING OWT? CUZ I THINK THAT WOOD BE AN ACATEMY AWARD WINNER!!!!! PLEEZE AND THANK YOO. LIFE'S A TRIP!

Milton said...

I think that is one rude lizard!

Maybe he got kicked out of his nice home coz he was so rude. They didn't want him either.

Please keep up your studies on lizards it is so interesting to read.
---Beezer

Unknown said...

Very good list Daisy and the documentary was amazing! Lizards are definately rude and bad - maybe they need some lessons from you regarding manners, it seemed to work for Tripper.

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

Great list Daisy! It doesn't sound like the lizards have a very good life.

The Wanderer said...

Oh my goodness, that lizard is beings very bad!! Come insides where my claws can teach you manners little lizard!!

The Furry Fighter said...

that is a great documentary - i think the BBC might like to commission that, along with the very thorough - and what has to be - totally true list! x

Poppy said...

That was a very nice movie, Daisy. I like documentaries!

Poppy

Angel MoMo and Charlotte said...

More lizards! Daisy, you should come over for a lizard hunt in my garden. Soooooo glad your tail hasn't come off once. That wouldn't have been any good at all.

Anonymous said...

After reading your T-13, Daisy, I can't help but pity the poor lizard. It's bad enough that they were not born as a cat. But it does not sound like a happy life to be a lizard.

Christine and FAZ said...

Hi Daisy, the humans are back at last so I can blog again. I am pleased to see that you are still keeping those lizards on their little toes. Well done Daisy. FAZ

Asta said...

Daisy
Youw weasons wewe well thought out and totally weasonable!! and the video absolutely pwooved youw point!(BTW you look gweat in motion!)
I've nevew seen a lizawd,I guess the 7th floow of a building in NYC is not theiw natoowal habitat.
I was not a bad giwl, I wasn't eve in the caw when they were'nt weawing theiw seat belts..but thank you fow the get out of jail fwee cawd..I hope I won't need it anymowe
smoochie kisses
Asta

Unknown said...

I can't believe that that lizard called you a bad name! They really are just naturally naughty.

zevo hussein calamari said...

How could anyone call you a nasty name? That proves that lizards are rude. Thanks for the great list and video.

Siani said...

I agree, Daisy, lizards are very BAD! When I was a little girl, I tried to grab one and his tail came off in my hand. I felt very guilty for a very long time, because I thought I'd broken his tail and that he'd probably bled to death in the bushes because of what I'd done. The bad creature could have at least told me his tail was supposed to drop off! Happy TT!

PB 'n J said...

How rude of him to call you a bad name - lizards are clearly bad!

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Yoo seem to be furry unnerstanding of da bad lizzards even tho George called yoo a bad name.

Sassy Kat said...

What a good documentary film maker you are, maybe you could get nominated for an emmey? Also another reason lizzards are bad is I don't think that they have lizzard treats.

The Meezers or Billy said...

that was a great film. there's not doubt that lizerds is bad

darlene said...

lizards are Not Bad!!....they too have feelings...and are alive, therefore they have feelings!!....

Skeezix the Cat said...

Daisy, that was an exsillint dokyoomentry moovey -- much more ixsiting than thoze snoresville dokyoomentry mooveys that the Food Lady and Mr Tasty Face git frum Netflix. I shur wish I had lizzerds to play with. Tripper gits to play with lizzerds. He rips thare tales off and watches the ants come to eet the tales.

You Can Make It If You Try said...

Thanks for the visit Daisy!

Chrissie said...

Such a funny video, Daisy, and proof positive that lizards are rude and downright disrepectful. Stewin' is too good fer 'em.

Artsy Catsy said...

Daisy, you are so sweet and thoughtful, coming up with all those excuses for abominable lizard behavior! My human artist had pet lizards when she was a kid, too, and they used to get loose and run all over the house. Wish I'd been around then!!

Rocky

Dr Tweety of da Fab Five said...

Daisy,

Lizardz ARE bad. Dey iz born bad & dey will go to da Lizard Rock in da Sky bad. I tink you are loverly fur givin' dem more den dey dezerve in da compashun department. By the way, your lizard stew waz delectabull!!!

-Dr Tweety

Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

That is a furry informative documentary, Daisy. Now I totally understand why lizards are so rude an' bad. I don't believe that I'll give any lizards the-time-of-day ... Even if they kiss up to me!
DMM

Unknown said...

OK, you have convinced us Daisy, Lizards ARE bad and we're glad we don't have any around here.

Team Tabby said...

Yes, indeed, lizards seem to be a bad lot. However, we don't have them here, maybe that's a good thing. We wouldn't want to be called any bad names by them. We really liked your movie.

Moe & Mindy

Anonymous said...

Wow there Daisy...that there lizard is mighty big..meow....I like your Thursday 13....on lizards...meow...

Samantha & Mom said...

Great T13 Daisy! Those are very good reasons for lizards to be rude! We think the best one was the Lizard stew we ate at your house! Yummy for us, not so much for them. (hehehehe)
Your FL furiends,

MaoMao said...

That's a furry clevur list of why lizzards are rude -- you are a furry smart kitty, Daisy, and I'm sure you are right about efurry single one. And yur video made my Momma SQUEE!

Kittyhugs and purrs from MaoMao!

snowforest said...

It's not lizards' fault perhaps. They may look and act mean but are still fascinating I think...

Anonymous said...

Love the list and the video.How dare he call you a bad name...Lol :)

Anonymous said...

I am almost sure it is the sum of number 8 and 11. Lizard Stew (I loved it!!) and the lizard hunting guide for cats... if I think of "Ruis Stew" and "Ruis hunting guide for other cats", that would make me rude too!:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails