Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Tattle Tail Tuesday: My Secret Snack

My eyes sometimes get little sleepy-bugs in them. Especially my right eye, because it gets watery. Now I am going to tell you something a little bit yucky. When my Mommie picks the sleepy bugs out of my eye I always watch closely, because... I want to eat the sleepy-bugs! But she does not let me do it.

Share/Bookmark

68 Notes for Daisy:

Ramses said...

Oh you'z good lettin' your Mom clean your eyes like that! :)

Cat Naps in Italy said...

Oh Daisy, at least the sleepy bug comes out of your eyes and not your nose! Eeek!

Of course what do we know? We lick, I mean clean, our own bums!

Opus and Roscoe

MISS PEACH ~(^.^)~ said...

hee hee my eyes grow those things too! Mommy is always coming at me with the washing cloth!
Sometimes techical difficulties can make your furs stand on end!
I am delighted you and Pixie can come for tea! Do dress warm because it is very chilly here in Washington. I will have a fire glowing warm when you arrive...

Andree said...

ewwwww That is gross, Daisy! But it's OK: it's not as gross as eating a mouse whole! You just are too good for words, letting Mom clean you like that. Without biting!

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Oh my Daisy! I get sleepy-bugs all the time too, but I never want to eat them! In fact, our floors and walls get covered in bits of sleepy-bugs because they fly off when I shake my head! *blush* My humans clean them up, but there are always more being made!

Skeezix the Cat said...

ME TOO! I love eeting eye goobers!!! And I produce my wate in eye goobers abowt evry week!

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Oh, sleepy-bugs is better den what dad calls 'em. He always tells mom dat "so and so" has a load of eye boogers! Mom's pretty fast about getting dem off so we don't get a chance to snack on dem.

Katie said...

Puddy doesn't like it when I clean her sleep out, but she tolerates it. She's never tried to eat it though - eww! That's like picking your nose and eating the snot! Or do you do that too? ;)

Tommy and Teaghan said...

Ewwwwwwwww! Gross! Don't eat dem. Leave 'em for da leezards.

The Misadventures Of Me said...

I don'ts get sleepy bugs but my right eye always waters. I hate when mommy bean sticks her paws near my eye cuz I thinks she might whap me like Molly does. You are brave to has them eye bugs taken out.

Laila and Angel Minchie said...

My Momma cleans the sleepy bugs out of my eyes everyday too. I've just learned not to fight it. It is over in a flash.

Laila

Honey P. Sunshine said...

dey taste salty huh?

Mickey's Musings said...

It must be a Mom thing cause Mom is always picking gooby stuff out of our eyes.She says it's to keep us looking pretty. We don't want to eat it though :)
Purrs

TheSlyCat said...

my mom cleans the sleepy-bugs out of my eye too. you are very patient with your mom. I yowl and squirm and then run away.

Sarge Charlie said...

mommie is right, now you have to listen. I had fun on the cruise.

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

We haf nefur tried eating sleepy bugs, but efurrycat knows bugs are furr eating. Why do the bugs go to sleep in yer eyes?

Dma said...

Ewwww.

Well timed blog posting though because last night I was cleaning the sleepy bugs from Diego's eyes and I think I poked him in the eye because he was pretty miffed at me the rest of the night...

Anonymous said...

Us humans get sleepy bugs, too!

Anonymous said...

Your very good Daisy I fuss when mom trys to clean my eyes :)

Tybalt said...

You are very good to let your mommy clean your eye like that, Daisy.

Diamond Emerald-Eyes said...

My bean clean my eye all the time because the tear duct get injured in a fight, so it get all gunkie. But I not want to eat that stuff. Yuck.

Tesla and Hansel said...

Hi! I'm tesla.

I sometimes get sleepy bugs too.

My mommy doesn't let me eat them either, but she lets me smell them!

Tara said...

Does it taste as good as toe jam?
Tara

The Meezers or Billy said...

i get eye boogers too, and mommy always steals them and never lets me eat them. they're MINE, i should be able to keep them or eat them, right? - Miles

Shilgiah the Cat said...

My mom is laughing and says you are so cute and funny.

Guess what? I get sleepy bugs in my eyes too only my mom calls them "sleepies" or "sleepy schmutz" either way I haven't tried to eat them but now I'm curious...so I think I'll try to distract mom and eat one next time.

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

sigh... honey, some things are better untold! ha ha ha

you are just the cutest thing.

smiles, auntie bee
xoxo

Laura W said...

hmmmmmmmmmmmm...
Tattling on myself? I never considered that, Daisy.
I will consider it as soon as I run out of material on Mosaic Lady.
So summer of 2012.

Forty Paws said...

Yewwww. Maw is always having to clean eye goobers out of Obi's eyes. But he doesn't eat them. Nope. He usually runs away then.

Luf, Us

Gemini and Ichiro said...

Sometimes I get that in my eye. I hate having a human finger in it--no matter what.

C.

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

Hey Daisy~!
Tell your mommy, not to worry AT ALL...
I mean.... since we clean our #13 spot every single day after we get out the litterbox... right...?

So.........

I mean...... if your mommy is watching, not to see your secret snack at that moment~!

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

Sorry, wrong type....
not to "eat" your secret snack at that moment~!

Captain Jack and Sir Dante said...

I get sleepy bugs in my squinty eye and I HATE it when Mommy tries to clean it away. Leave my squinty eye alone Mommy!

-Dante

The Furry Fighter said...

ooooh Daisy - that is GRIM! mind you, we also lick our bums clean so i guess Eye Bogies are a lesser evil!!!

ps- come see my whiskers! xxxx

Unknown said...

Oh Daisy, you are very brave to tattle on yourself! I think I have lots of ammunition on my Mum so hopefully I won't have to tattle on myself anytime soon.

I have never heard that gook called sleepy bugs, I like it : )

Anonymous said...

So that is what that stuff is called...I always called it gook :)
This Week On

Scout said...

That is a bit oogy; however, Mommy cleans my eyes out and calls it eye yuckies.

Purrs,
Scout

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Momma does the same thing for me Daisy and she will let me eat it if I want to....

Purrs
Abby

Milton said...

Mine mombean is always doin' that to me too! I don't mind all that much. But when she comes after after me with the paper towel to go after my spot 13, well, lets just say that's a *whole* different story.

Queen Snickers, Empress and Princess Renna said...

My eyes do that too, I don't like it when Momma cleans them away but I will let her do it. Empress let her yet so she just look tear stained, Momma can't wait until Empress relaxes more. She did let daddy pet her the other night with out a food bribe we all cheered! ~Queen Snickers

Sunny's Mommy said...

Hahaha! You told on yourself :-P That is yucky, you know.

Bogdan, the editor said...

Ha. GROSS! Sara likes to do that too. Must be a gross thing girls do.

LZ said...

Wait...you like them? I HATE when Meowmy fishes those things out of my eyes. I fight her.

Latte

Artsy Catsy said...

Daisy, our human does that to us, too -- especially to Fracas because he has a blocked tear duct. But she calls them "eye boogers" -- YUCK!

Rocky

darlene said...

my little suggar gets eye infections all the time....dunno why!!...they are lucky we are here to look after them huh

HRH Yao-Lin said...

ewww daisy hahahaha thats hilarious!! x

Leona said...

Ma cleans my eyes out also. I like to watch and sniff it after, you know to make sure it was really mine. -Sultanfus

Angel MoMo and Charlotte said...

Yeah! I get them too, but I'm not nearly as well behaved as you are when SS tries to get them off me.

I had trouble getting your pictures up in my last visit but today I manage and guessed right . How could it be anything other than a circus stunt!

PB 'n J said...

We all get them too - Mom calls them "goopies" and then she chases after us to get them out. Jake gets them the worst, but we all get them - yuck!

mister jeter harris, hizself said...

deer daisy,
i jus wanned to say dat yer so funnee ...
i luv a byootiful girl widda sense uv hyoomer.
u alwayz make me laff an laff.
luv--yer grate frend--jh

Clover said...

Haha - Daisy! That is very funny! I love your picture!! I get sleepy bugs too, and Dad always takes them out. I have never thought about eating them, though,..... hmmm....
Love Clover xo

Anonymous said...

Daisy,
I get them in MY right eye, too!
Not The Mama is always after me to get the "eye goobers" as he calls 'em.
I'll tell him you said they were bugs.
He won't let me eat mine, either!
Your sister-friend,
Chloe

Unknown said...

Holy Moly Daisy! Clyde tries to do the same thing. I get big old sleep bugs in my eyes, but I don't want to eat them. Ew!

Team Tabby said...

Daisy you are funny!

Moe & Mindy

Merlin said...

My woofie Max gets BIG OLD sleepy-bugs. Daddy always wipes them off. I am sneaky with mine, I don't let Daddy see them.

jenianddean said...

Daisy...you crack me up! I get eye boogers too. My mom is always cleaning them and I can't stand it!! I don't think I've ever eaten my eye boogers. What do they taste like??

-Jasper McKitten-Cat

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

Meowm digs mine out too, but I have never tried to eat them.

Kimo and Sabi said...

I gits slepy bugs too! Does yer momma pick yer nose boogers too? Mine does - so embarassing!

Sassy Kat said...

I think if ya wanted to eat bugs the real ones would be a lot better. Also, I e-mailed ya but I never know with the black hole lurking in the puter world if my message was received by ya. I want to feature the CCSI II graphic design/photographer crew in a post tomorrow and I am wondering if ya could e-mail me a short auto-bio on your experiences in the field. such as your schooling etc, what ya like to photograph the best, any apprentice work ya might have had etc. Also if ya have a photo of ya at work send that along too. Thanks.

Juno said...

Oh NO Daisy, don't eat sleepy bugs!!!

Momo

Louche Tabby said...

...my eyes get 'crunchie suprises' too.....

Tiger Lily said...

Ewww, I don't get those but Ruckus does quite often. She hates having her eyes touched but Mom cleans them for her.

Randi said...

Hi Daisy - I didn't realize they were called sleepy bugs...I call them goopies...eye goopies in the morning alway need to be picked out...otherwise, my eye becomes all goopie & that is just grossy!

I love your blog...you are my favorite kitty friend! I linked you on my bloggy too!

Love & Licks,
Randi

Catzee said...

I don't get them. Do they taste good????

Tyler said...

Oh Daisy, I can't believe you admitted to that. You're too funny. My sis Kali and bro Jake get those too. Jake's look like dried blood and freak my mom out. Kali just accepts mom's eye grooming, after 18 years, she knows that it feels good.

Anonymous said...

Hi, I saw your Entrecard and I dropped by.

This is sweet... a blog specially dedicated to Daisy. :-) I don't see that often.

NICE! lol

Boy said...

I gets those sweepy bugs a wot too but I don't wike it when mine Mummy twies to take them away. I cwose mine eyes weal tight when she does that.

Leslie said...

Our Trixie ALWAYS has 'an eye' becuase she has the shortest legs so the other two have a longer reach. When there is face slapping going on, Trixie never lands one but always manages to cop one, or two, or several.

So Trixie always has an eye. So we sympathise with you. I hope you get to catch one of those bugs one day!

Chrissie said...

My mom has a thing about eye buglies, too-it's like she *likes* to clean them out. She's so weird!

Related Posts with Thumbnails