Thursday, February 21, 2008

Thoughts on Thursday: About Birds



Here is what I have been thinking today: you know that bugs and lizards and snakes will sometimes come Inside so you can play fun games together like "Chomp You Up," "Remove the Tail" and "Chase and Eat." Something I have learned about birds: no matter how much you ask them, they will not come Inside the house to play. This makes them Party Poopers. I have video proof of this. You might need to turn up your volume.


Share/Bookmark

78 Notes for Daisy:

Anonymous said...

Good morning to U, Daisy!

I sure heard your invitation to the birdy, but he or she remains unmoved!

Maybe u would want to knock on the glass pane first to Mr/Ms birdy's attention?

Good Luck! XD

MISS PEACH ~(^.^)~ said...

Such a sweet invitation daisy...but I bet the Lizard who came to your half off spa day told on you!

Nomi said...

What a dinky little voyce you haf dere Daisy, and so polite too. Maybe birdie couldn't heer you what wiv all dat glass in the way.

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

We are in total agreement with you, Daisy. Birdies never come inside, no matter how much we chitter at them. Of course, we don't get lizards or snakes coming inside either.

The Misadventures Of Me said...

You's right birds are not fair! They shoulds play with us kittys.

Thank yous for the purrs. I am doing a bit better now thats I am back home.

The Taylor CatSSSSS said...

Daisy, you did invite them quite nicely! We are sorry that they didn't come to play with you.

Mommy thinks that you are SO BEAUTIFUL!!

Purrs!

Anonymous said...

Well Daisy,
I have invited some birdies in my house and they came! But I had to carry them in. He, he..

Parker said...

They never come in, they never talk back. Birds are just stand-offish I guess!

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

i am scairt of birds daisy. you are very brave!!!

smiles, auntie bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Poppy Q said...

Maybe they needs a written invitation?

I has brought a bird into the house once - I caught it in the garden and then I dragged him inside to show my mum. She said i was a good girl, but she wouldn't let me have him inside.

Ohhhhhhhhh what you gonna wear tomorrow Miss Daisy?

How is pixie nanas?

Poppy Q

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

We had a bird fly in our house once, the parents caught it and put it back outside before we could play with it.

Even outside birds are hard to play with as they can fly and cats can not.

Scylla, Charybdis & Socks

Amber-Mae said...

Oh, you look like you ready to KILL it!!!

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

Isis said...

Oh you do talk nice to those birdies!

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Daisy
We try to do the same thing..but our red birds won't come in either. The worse are the squirrels they taunt us, they are terrible. Ping says if Momma would let him out he would take care of all of those taunting squirrels.

Purrs
Abby

Nancy Lindquist-Liedel said...

No yummy birdies for poor Daisy. Not fair, not fair at all. Well, fair to the birds. Just not to Daisy and Pixie.

Honey P. Sunshine said...

you asked real nice tho

Laila and Angel Minchie said...

Birds are very rude! We can't get the ChiTown birds inside our house either.

P.S. You have the cutest little mew!

Spooky said...

Those silly birds just don't realize what fun they're missing!

hee hee hee

Sunny's Mommy said...

And you asked the birdie very nicely, too!

Anonymous said...

Birdies are no fun. They insist on staying outside in the trees and reject a friendly invitation to come inside. Trixie did catch one that landed on our deck, but Mom let him go!

Cindy said...

Take a lesson from Pearl- she goes out and brings them in, they don't come on their own, no matter how sweetly you ask. Of course, you can't really blame them- they've seen their friends enter, never to return...

Unknown said...

boids wants to pulay outside me think so. Me is inside cat so me can never pulay with boid. mai mom gave me boid with string. it was yummy.

Mickey's Musings said...

You are si right Daisy. The birds are Party Poopers!!!!! I think your little voice is way cuter than Tillies. Your squeak is very light. Mind you, Tillie is bigger than you and she is capable of a loud screech if Georgia whaps her,heehee
Purrs Mickey

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

Oah Dear Daisy~!
You are just like me when I see my pigeon sisters, you are too shy~!
You invited them too shy and little so they might now hear you so clear~!!!!
But I really can understand your good attentions~!!!! You are just so lovely, Daisy~!

Purr,
Adan

Sarge Charlie said...

All you wanted to do was be friends with birds

Dma said...

it's very sweet of you to invite the birds inside. the games you mention sound like a whole lot of fun. but it's probably for the best the birds don't take up your invitation because i think the words 'party poopers' might still be applicable only in a literal and messy sense.

Unknown said...

Daisy, you are very good at talkin' to da birdys. Too bad they wouldn't come in.

Diamond Emerald-Eyes said...

Yeah, birds are not really sociable like.

Anonymous said...

We couldn't agree more Daisy, somehow they just don't like to play Chomp You Up as much as we do. We did a Birdie cpme inside the garage once... Nana freaked out. One little Birdie. That was fun!

L. Alida said...

Oh what a cute little voice you have! I have noticed that birds can be very rude and I think they would be very messy playmates. Cody informs me that they taste like chicken. I don't want to know how he knows that. Have fun bird watching Daisy!
Love and Purrs,
Lorianna

The Furry Kids said...

I think that bird is rude. You asked him so politely to come in and play.

Love,
Tazo

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

Meowm and I can't hear your voice yet, but we have noticed that birdies don't like to come in. We would really like the birdie outside our bedroom window to disappear....he wakes us up when we don't want to be woken up!

Maybe you should teleport over and have a talk with him...

Tybalt said...

And you were inviting the birdie in ever so nicely, too! You are right, Daisy. Birdies are even RUDER than lizards! Who knew?!

Gemini and Ichiro said...

I do not know why the birds will not come in when you invited them so nicely...

Queen Snickers, Empress and Princess Renna said...

It least it is a pretty bird to look at on your porch! We only have ugly crows, I don't want them to come inside! ~Queen Snickers

Shaggy and Scout said...

What cute littler chittering sounds you make Daisy!
That bird was definitely taunting you. Must have taken lessons from the lizards.

The Meezers or Billy said...

you asked nicely, they ARE party poopers!

Unknown said...

Sometimes they come inside enclosed decks though! I had one come onto my deck through the lattice work. My Mum was at work so I played "Chomp You Up" (okay I only took one bite and then threw up beside the bird) and then brought the birdie inside and left him on the front door mat for my Mum. She wasn't as thrilled as I had expected.

You aren't missing much having the birdies stay outside, they don't taste very good.

Rosemary B❤️ said...

Oh how rude and snobby that birdie was! You sounded polite too

Scout said...

I had a birdie fly into the house one time. It landed on the fridge but it would not play with me either. Hmph!

Clover said...

Hi Daisy,
Really, you were asking so politely - I wonder why that bird didn't want to come in? Oh wait, I bet he doesn't speak cat! That must be it... try to look up "bird language" on google or something. Maybe that will help.
Love Clover xo
P.S. I love your beautiful pink dress from a few posts back, and I just went and voted for you on Wozog's site.

Sabrina, Sam and Simon said...

Wow Daisy! It was cool that all of us had birdies in our thoughts today! Your climate is a lot better than ours is though, we have sleet and ice and momma and daddy are both home, and aren't feeling too good. Hope you and mommy are enjoying the warm weather!
Purrs and headbutts,
Sabrina, Sam and Simon

Anonymous said...

Awwww, that is just the cutest little meow!

Forty Paws said...

Maybe da birdy couldn't heer u cuz ov da glass.

Luf, Us

jenianddean said...

And you were asking with such a nice ladycat voice. I can't understand why they didn't want to come in.

Birds, what are you going do...

-Jasper McKitten-Cat

The Furry Kids said...

Momma's photography class was really neat. It was through community ed. It was two hours on Thursdays for four weeks. The first hour was sort of lecture-y, just talking about camera stuff (f-stops, shutter speed, focus, etc) and then the last hour, the instructor went around to everyone and showed them how to do that stuff on their own camera. Momma loved learning about the stuff, but she has a point and shoot camera, so it kinda limits her. But she liked it because none of the students really knew how to use their cameras, so she didn't feel intimidated. hee hee Your Mommie takes such nice pictures, I bet she'd really enjoy a class.

Love,
Tazo

Mr. Hendrix said...

what a rude bird! you invited them in so sweetly too. i think that is where the term "bird brain" came from. obviously those birds aren't polite, or smart.

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

You are lucky you get to have bugs. lizards and snakes in the house. My mom has a bug guy that comes and sprays so I don't get to see many of those. Now birdies I get to see, because mom put our bird feeder outside my window seat where I suntan!
--JB

Tesla and Hansel said...

Daisy, i can't believe that bird wouldn't come inside! You asked so nicely.

Very very nicely.

Stupid bird.

Can you teach me how to join the photo hunts? This is a game i think i would really enjoy being a part of! Tell me all about it!

PB 'n J said...

Sometimes the birdies here try to fly into our window, but they just bang into instead, then Mommy has to go out and make sure they are ok!

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Daisy you have such a sweet little voice. Birds are mean cuz they look in the window to tease us. Sometimes in the Spring, baby swallows come in through the door when they are learning to fly.That's great fun cuz we haf a race wiv mum to see who can catch them furrst. Mum cheats though cuz if we get them furrst she makes us give them to her, then she puts them in the greenhouse to recover.

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Maybe da birdie din't hear yoo Daisy. I don't think dat dem birdies is as rude as lizzerds. Dat is why dey don't just come into da house, dey haf better manners.

Anonymous said...

You invited them so nicely, Daisy! My cats once invited a bird inside, and it came in!!! My cats thought it was great fun, but my fiancee didn't think it was such a good idea, so he made the bird go back outside before the kitties could play with it.

Frasier said...

Hi Daisy
You have the same look that I have when I see them!!I love the trap(seeds to feed them)tho mommy informs me that they are not traps!!!
Frasier

Unknown said...

Thank you, Daisy, for your kind words as I try to regain my health from these maladies that have me down.

Anonymous said...

I like to play with birdies, Daisy. There are lots of them around when I and my buddies cat around outside. But sometimes, when I am inside, I see them outside the window and leap at them and slide down the window because I forget I can’t get through it. Ouch.

mister jeter harris, hizself said...

birdz ... i luv em.
i hav seen em up close, too, daisy. dey ar fun an delishus.
luv--jh
pee ess--u hav such a luvlee singin voice. u sownd like a little birdie.

Rocky, Angie & S'more said...

Hi Daisy,
Our Mommy is scairt of birdies like Empress Bee - but we're not! We can sit and watch them all day long!

We thought you asked them very nicely - too bad they are such party poopers!

Love,
Rocky, Angie, & S'more xo

The Devil Dog said...

It is rude to ignore an invitation like that. Party pooper indeed!

Roxy

PerfectTosca said...

Whoa Daisy! All I can bark is that bird was really really lucky there was a window between you! Mojo clacks at birds all the time too. Me, I just try to throw myself through the window and get them. I guess you cats are just way more graceful than us dogs about things like birds. But if I had been there for ya, I woulda just pretended I had to go out and I would have brought that fershtunkin' bird to you.

Chrissie said...

Those birds aren't very cooperative fellows, especially when you've invited them in so sweetly-I'm sure you're an EXCELLENT hostess!

Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

Aren't you a sweetie to invite birdies inside to "play" ... Sparky Fuzzypants invites bugs, birdies, an' neighborhood strays inside, but only the bugs take him up on his offer ... suckers.
DMM

Kimo and Sabi said...

Um, . . .di we actually see you lickin' yer lips?

SophieKitty said...

I would really like to learn how to play "chomp you up" and "chase and eat". They sound like fun games. I don't understand why the birdie wouldn't come in and play with you.

Jimmy Joe said...

Daisy, you are a top notch bird-caller. Birds are party-poopers indeed. Momma said a bird pooped on her at a party once, in fact.
Your buddy, Jimmy Joe
P.S. Your poem yesterday was brilliant.

Motor Home Cats said...

We know what you mean. We keep asking birds to come in too, and they won't. Good luck trying to get them in.

Tiki, Tavi, Cody and Camie

Rascal said...

I learned that about birds too. Quite rude if you ask Me.

dennis said...

Dennis saw a bird fly into the house once, but the humans caught it and took it out.

darn.

Asta said...

Daisy
Anyone who doesn't want to play with you isn't wowth the effowt!
smoochie kisses
Asta

Girl Girl Hamster said...

That bird sure is rude. And you ask so nicely..

~ Girl girl

Lux said...

Maybe tomorrow or the next day, Daisy ... ?

Karen Jo said...

Aw, that is a rude birdie not to come in to play with you. You asked it so nicely, too.

Isis said...

Daisy iffen you put your paw on my belly, just there - that's it - I bet you can feel one of the kittens kicking! ;) I thought you might find that interesting... Yes it feels strange having your belly move like it's possessed - but it's kinda nice too! :)

Boy said...

Maybe that birdie didn't understand our compwex wanguage?

Anonymous said...

I thought your invitation was very sweet.I agree birdie's are rude.

Tyler said...

You know I happen to speak a little bit of Bird. Your invitation sounded just like, "Hey Birdie, I want to eat you." in Bird of course.

Andree said...

that is one huge bird! You are so cute and tiny, but obviously a mighty huntress!

Lisa said...

Cocoa tries to talk to the birdies like that, too. They can't hear him either. But if they got a good look at all 16-17 pounds of him, they would never come back!

Related Posts with Thumbnails