Saturday, April 12, 2008

Thinking of our Friends

My heart was heavy when I read the news about the terrible fire that destroyed the home of Lilly Lu, Mu Shue, Iris and of their mom, Laura. We are still waiting to hear word about the fate of Lilly Lu, Mu Shue and Iris, but I am purring and purring that somehow they were able to escape to safety. Here is a link to the news story about the fire.
One way you can help keep cats and dogs safer in a fire is with pet rescue window decals that will alert rescue personnel that pets are inside your home. And you can get them free from the ASPCA. We are going to order some today.
Be sure to check in with the Cat Blogosphere for updated information. And let us all hope for a miracle.

Share/Bookmark

22 Notes for Daisy:

Tun Tun said...

mew Miss Daisy I so worried about them! Me and Mummy keep praying to St. Francis and the angels.

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

i keep hoping they got out...

hugs, auntie bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Anonymous said...

:(

I pray all are OK.

Angel MoMo and Charlotte said...

It is so so sad. I am purring and purraying for a miracle that the kitties might have been able to escape somehow.

darlene said...

omg!!...my heart is heavy as i read this, as i can not even imagine the heartbreak they will endure, i will pray for this family tonight

Natalie said...

I believe one of your comments may be loaded with a virus if you click; perhaps a good idea to delete?

I'm sending many prayers to Framingham; I hope they're found safe and sound.

I also wanted to add - I found your blog a few weeks ago, and have enjoyed it immensely; my children think it's great!

If you are ever inclined, please consider giving a PSA to all of your readers - it applies to dog and cat owners alike. Kitty parents, please, please keep your kitties inside. Dog owners, please ALWAYS keep your dogs on a leash. Even if your dog lives amicably with (a) cat(s), it doesn't mean s/he will respond favorably if they find themselves outside their homes, especially off-leash, and a cat runs from them.

My most beloved Polo, the coolest kitty ever, was outside enjoying a late afternoon stroll along our property line, when a neighbor's dog gave chase. Later that evening, I had to make the most horrible decision a pet owner must ever make, and say good-bye to my buddy of nearly 11 years. Please, for your pet's safety, keep your cats inside, and your dogs on a leash.

Anonymous said...

We hope they found a way off the balcony. We're purring and praying for a Miracle.

Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

Purrin' an' purrayin' for Cat Blogosphere miracles. An' you're right 'bout those stickers. Mom has 'em on our windows just in case somethin' horrible happens ...

DMM

Gemini and Ichiro said...

Daisy, thank you for the great link!

The Whiskers and Purrs Gang said...

Dear Daisy,
We is prayin' hard. News like this is just awful. We is sad.

Very truly yours,
The Whiskers & Purrs Gang

CastoCreations said...

Oh that is so sad. We have a big sign in our kitchen window facing the front of the house notifying fire fighters that we have doggies and kitties. I can't imagine losing my babies!! :( *sniff*

Petra ~ said...

My thoughts and prayers go out to them as well.

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

It is worse still. We haf learned that Miral died today...

Unknown said...

Oh no!! Me hope they are okay!! it is terriblez!! thanks Daisy for the info, me will keep checking the blogosphere for more updatez!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, no! Very, very sorry. They are in my thoughts.

Max said...

I know the circumstances are very upsetting, but I had to say, that's a very nice picture of you.

And yeah, we got paws crossed like crazy here, hoping they got out all right.

Saikat said...

Hi,
Saikat from BlogsJam here.
Wanted to email you, but could not locate your email address on the
blog. we have 2 cool widgets ( a slideshow widget and a content widget
) which can help enhance site interaction and reader's experience. pl contact me at saibose@gmail.com so that i can send you the slideshow widget for your blog.

thx-Saikat

Cats~Goats~Quotes said...

We are praying for a miracle, too.
It has been a sad time for the Blogosphere.

Honey P. Sunshine said...

we have stickers on our house already

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

Thank you for telling us about the stickers. Mommy went ordered some for us. We liked your comic strip too, we hope you find a job that you LIKE. ~Socks, S & C

chummy's mum said...

We came across your blog by way of Randi and sending all our good vibes and thoughts for you. We are so sorry to hear this. Wishing only the best for them.

Mr. Echo said...

Thanks for the link to the stickers. I jes orderd sum. We got one on the front door but its kinda faydid.

I am so thankful those kitties were fownd safe. What wunderful nooz to end the weekend.

Related Posts with Thumbnails