Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Texas' Last Dare

My friends at The Cat Realm are having a "Get Involved" dare. Before he left for the Bridge, Texas came up with this Dare: We, Texas and The Cat Realm, dare you all to do something to raise money for cancer research, especially for cats:
  • Donate
  • Volunteer somewhere
  • Put a link to a site on your blog
  • Take the Petey Challenge
  • Or, whatever else you can come up with to help
Here are some reputable sites you could use:
Winn Feline Foundation
The CSU Animal Cancer Center

I have been thinking very hard about this. My Mommie already volunteers three mornings a week at a no-kill cat rescue shelter. We also support the Winn Feline Foundation because of their research into feline hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, which is the disease that Pixie has. So, I came up with an idea! I can donate some of my toys to the cats at the shelter!

I hardly have any toys, but I will see if I can spare some...
At first, I chose these three toys. But then my Mommie said it was Not Right for me to choose my spider toy, which is old and chewed up, and two other toys that I do not play with. I must pick good toys, she said. And I must donate at least eight toys.
Finally, I picked these toys. I have not even played with some of them! Pixie decided to give away one of her catnip bananers.
Now I will gather up my toys and give them one last hug and a bunny-kick. Now they are on their way to the shelter! Let's see what happened...
Here is Montey posing with the bulldog toy. Montey was borned at the shelter, but he still has not been adopted.
Then, Hannah stoled the bulldog toy. She is resting after playing hard!
IQ and Mooch are snuggling with the gray mousie toy.
And here is Mama! She wanted to play with the purple stringy-legged toy!
Here are Buddy and Gin. They were adopted together and then returned after about 6 months. I guess it was a "Just for a While" home and not a Forever home for them. They are trying to get used to being back in the shelter now. Buddy and Gin have one of the little mousie toys to keep them company.
They look a little bit sad. I am glad I gave them some of my toys. I think I will give more toys, later! Because, even though I miss my toys, I feel happy inside that I could help some cats who do not have a good home yet.

Share/Bookmark

100 Notes for Daisy:

Poppy Q said...

Well done Daisy - that was a super nice thing for you to do. I is glad that you was able to help them nice kitties have some fun.

I hopes they find nice beans to live with. I bet your mommie wishes she could take them all home.

Smooches.

MISS PEACH ~(^.^)~ said...

Oh Daisy...you are the sweetest darling I know. This kindness made me cry. I would give my toys away too, but being a very old cat, I do not have any toys at all.
I must think what I can do to honor this DARE for texas and The cat Realm. I am thinkinggggggggg
PS: Pixie I love you and talked to a friend about you today:)

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

What a lovely idea Daisy. Mum is always telling us we have so many toys that we don't play with half of them. We are going to choose some and take to our local shelter.

Anonymous said...

Daisy, how thoughtful and generous you are! We also enjoyed seeing some of the kitties where your Mommie volunteers!

P.S. We also want to ask you to please thank your Mommie for us. It was very nice of her to send us a photo of Chrissy to use for The Story Game and also for telling us some more about her.

Teddy Westlife said...

Daisy, you are a very nice girl to do that for the shelter cats. I know they are very happy to have some toys to play with!

Huffle Mawson

The Whiskers and Purrs Gang said...

Dearest Daisy,
You doned a good thing. We is gonna say extra prayers today for all of them kitties in the shelter that they find forever homes.

Very truly yours,
The Whiskers and Purrs Gang

Parker said...

Giving 8 of your toys was a nice thing to do Daisy. We are taking up Texas's last dare later this week!
Here's hoping all of those wonderful kitties find a forever home, not a "just for a while" one.

Anonymous said...

Daisy,

I think you have been unbelievably generous and kind by giving away some of your good toys. Mom and I so appreciate what you are doing. We're going to join in by posting some links tomorrow to support your efforts.

We loved seeing all the lovely pics of the kitties waiting for a "forever home" with their new donated toys. It brings it home to us, just how many beautiful little cats there are that need a home - and it makes me feel really lucky and happy that Mom found me. Mom said, they all look adorable and she thinks they'll get snapped at soon by beans that wont be able to resist their cuteness. I do hope so. They deserve lovely, loving forever homes.

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Oh Daisy, doesn't it make yoo feel good inside to know dat dem kitties is enjoying yoor toys! We sure hope dey all get nice furever homes soon.

(angel) Grrreta and Fam said...

It was very sweet of you to share your toys with the shelter kitties. I can tell you bightened their day. It's very nice that you and your mommie already do so many nice things to help kitties and support cancer research.

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

That was very nice of you Daisy. Please tell Pixie that we are very impressed she gave away one of her bananas. That was very sweet and thoughtful of her. We are sure all the cats at the shelter were happy to get some toys to play with. We are purring they will find forever homes, but very thankful they have this safe shelter to live at until they do. Your Mom is great to volunteer there. ~S, S & C

Dma said...

your donation was a very nice gesture. i love monty.

Sweet Purrfections said...

That was such a wonderful idea! I know the kitties really appreciated your thoughtfulness. I hope they find some nice beans to live with in a forever home!

L. Alida said...

Daisy, you and Pixie are so sweet to donate your toys to kitties in need. Seeing all of those kitties at the shelter waiting for a forever home made my heart hurt, but I'm glad nice people like your Mommie are there to show them love. I bet she wishes she could take them all home with her.
I'm glad Ike is missing you. (I realized I called him Ivan the other day. Duh!) :)
Have a terrific Tuesday!
Hugs and smoochies,
Lorianna

The Florida Furkids said...

You're a very sweet and generous kitty. Our Mom had leaky eyes when she looked at all those sweet kitties without forever homes. She was especially sad seeing Buddy and Gin looking so unhappy. We hope they find homes soon. Mom and Auntie El donate a whole bunch of stuff to Cats Exclusive when they do the show in October too.

Cupcake said...

Oh, Daisy. That was so kind. You must be very proud.

Chat Blanc said...

Thanks for the ideas on how to help out.

Isn't it amazing how good sharing makes you feel?

I'm going to talk to my kitty Maxx and decide how we can share and show our support.

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

Ya made some good choices, Daisy!

Felix, Garfield & Jawsy said...

*paw pat on ur back* U did good Daisy, seeing that u only have 1 whole box of toys to choose from. So happy to see them kitties enjoying the toys, they definately need more than 8... *wink* hee hee
Hugs and kissies to you and Pixie!

Liss said...

Daisy you are such a good girl. Later today I'll add those links in support of cancer research. Thank you for your kind gesture, it's a reminder to us all that we need to be more giving!

ZOOLATRY said...

You are a generous and very good girl. Sharing is important... and you've given to those who have less and we give you a big hug...

Mickey's Musings said...

Daisy,you are an awesome girl!!!!
I can see those kitties love the toys!
I feel really badly about Buddy & Gin :( I hope they can find a home with better beans!!
Purrs Mickey

Ramses said...

Oh you are a good girl Daisy! We donate food to a cat shelter we support every year as well as supporting the Abyssinian Welfare Officer so that every Aby can have a wonderful home just like I do. I think we may donate some cat beds next - everything helps make an abandoned cat feel wanted and loved and that's a wonderful thing! :) We're so proud of you for doing the same Daisy it's wonderful! :)

Chrissie said...

Miss Daisy, I did not know that I could donate used toys to the shelter..I thought they wouldn't like my germs and stuff on them. That's a really good idea! I'll have my mom call our shelter and see if they'd like some of my mice and stuff-I KNOW I have too many!

Rosemary B❤️ said...

Hi daisy, this is a great idea. We have so many kitties here in Virginia that do not have forever homes and mom loves to give the shelter food and toys. This is such a great thing to share.
You are a very sweet friend.
These kitties look so sweet and wonderful. Sometimes mom wishes she could have 50 kitties... but my dad has allergies so that won't happen.

I hope you and Pixie has a bright day. I know it is rainy and windy there but I am glad you do not have a hurrycane.

purrrs

Toulouse said...

That was so sweet and thoughtful of you Daisy. Like Miss Peach, I'm an old cat and my toys just sit there except my pipecleaner toys mom makes me. I think I'll dust off my toys and take them to the shelter. With winter coming, mom and I might make little blankies for the shelter kitties to keep them toasty warm this winter! Loved your pictures!!!!

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Daisy

That was really sweet of you to help those kitties. We feels so bad for all those kitties without forever homes...

purrs
Abby

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

i am very proud of you daisy, you are so sweet and good honey!

smiles, auntie bee
xxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

The Taylor CatSSSSS said...

Hi! I finally get to come and visit my friends. How are you doing?

Daisy, you have inspired me and all the Taylor CatSSSSS. We will gather up some toys and things for our local shelter. You are one very sweet kitty! Those kitties looked so happy that you shared with them!!!

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

That was a wonderful thing to do, Daisy!

SEn-Chan

Anonymous said...

Daisy, you are so sweet! I'm sure those kitties at the shelter are glad to have some toys. We will have to think about what to do for our local shelter 'cuz that's where Jelly Bean came from.

Queen Snickers, Empress and Princess Renna said...

That was super great of you Daisy! I'm sure those kitties really appreciated it!!

Sasha said...

How nice to give some toys to the cat shelter Daisy. The cats in the pictures all look very well cared for.

jenianddean said...

That's very nice of you to donate some of your toys. You can only play with one at one time, or three at the most, so it's good to let a few go. Especially to those sweet sweet cats in the shelter.
--Jasper

The Island Cats said...

Hi Daisy! It was very nice of you to donate some of your toys to the kitties at the shelter. They look like they really enjoy all of the toys. We hope all those kitties find forever homes real soon!

Wally, Ernie & Zoey

pee ess. we're gonna have to come up with something to participate in Texas' dare, too!

Cats~Goats~Quotes said...

Oh Daisy..It made Momma's eyes leaky when she saw the sweet kittycats that are waiting for a home. They are all so beautiful and deserve a happy home..but it looks like they are doing well and being loved.
Thank you for giving them your toys. You are the sweetest one!!
~ The Bunch

Monty Q. Kat said...

MomBean is going to bring some old blankets to the shelter this weekend. I say bring Tucker, but I've been told that 'isn't nice, Monty'.

Phhht.

edward said...

when my people adopted me, they went back a week later and none of my friends got adopted, and the same 3 weeks later. no adoptions in three whole weeks except for me. i was lucky because there was other black nosed tuxedo boys there too--my people chose me (i made eye contact right away, always a good idea) to think of 30 cats being up for adoption and only 1 gets adopted, that is very very sad. when times get tough for humans, pets get given away too! so it's a good time to squeeze in one more kitty cat, even if it seems impossible. my people promise me a kitten when i get bigger. a kitten is a lot of work, but is really really good for the older cats and really really good for the people and it outweighs the work part because of all the love generated by a new kitten. older cats are much nicer and more giving to a tiny kitten--they seem to understand, this one needs us, and they help. it is good for them to be forced to play a little too, and wrestle. i will wrestle anybody!

please cat lovers, go out and get a little guy. new tiny kittens are out there.

LZ said...

That was so nice of you to share Daisy! It makes me sad to see your friends in the shelter without furever homes. They all are so special.

Kaze

The Oceanside Animals said...

Awww ... I always want to adopt every animal I see in a shelter or cage, which is why I'm not allowed to go to the shelter by myself ...

Babs (Beetle) said...

That was a lovely thing to do daisy. Those poor kitties with no forever homes look like they were having fun with the toys.

purrs, Sukie x

Shaggy and Scout said...

A very wonderful thing you did, Daisy.

Purrageous Pirates said...

Great job donating your toys. We are sure it brightened those kitties day! YAY!!

The Furry Kids said...

What a very sweet and helpful thing to do, Daisy!

Forty Paws said...

This is so very sweet of you Daisy!
Cute pictures of the shelter babies also!

Luf, Us

Nomi said...

You are a furry generous kitty Daisy and are setting a fine example for us all. My miewmie gives stuff to a local shelter, the one where I ended up after my first beans abandoned me.

Laila and Angel Minchie said...

Good for you Daisy! They all look very happy with their new toys. Our momma took over a bunch of our brand new, ignored toys to the no kill shelter we came from a few weeks ago.

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

Oah Dearest Daisy~!!!
You are a very sweet sweetheart~!!!!
I am very very admiring your love!!!!
These kittens will have good blessin because of your love!!!!!

I am purring and praying for them,
hoping all of them find their forever home!

Purr,
Adan

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

Oh Daisy.....those kitties have stolen Meowms heart! She is just a puddle, especially because of Montey and the sad look on Buddy's (at least we think buddy is the orange one) face. Bless your heart for giving them some of your toys. We will purr for these wonderful kitties to get good forever homes (not a little while homes).

Tybalt said...

Oh, how wonderful Daisy! You were super sweet and generous to give your toys to the kitties at the shelter . . .and aren't you proud of Pixie for donating a nanner!

Seeing those kitties makes mommy wish she could give them all a Forever Home. Sigh.

Skeezix the Cat said...

Is Montey waring leggings? Leggings are vary '80s.... are leggings coming bak and nobuddy told me? If thare not, and Montey is just beehind the times, then maybey if he updated his wardrobe he'd have a better chanse of gitting a furrever home. Just a thot. Maybey yoo cood sugjest that to him

Anonymous said...

Dear Daisy, it was the most adorable thing you could do, there are lots of sisters and brothers out there, and I'm sure they are very happy having such lovely toys!

Well done Daisy :)

The Crew said...

Oh my. Those sure are nice looking kitties and we hope they'll all find their forever homes soon. That's very generous of you & Pixie to share your toys!

Tipper

Mo and The Purries said...

Oh Daisy, that is a wonderful post.
It made me cry.
When I get back from my vacation, I will have Daphne & Chloe help me find some toys to donate to our local shelter.
HUGS to your mommie and chin scritches to you & Pixie.
LOVE
Not The Mama

The Fitness Diva said...

Aw, Daisy, you are such a good, generous girl!

I'm glad that you were able to give those toys and make your friends at the shelter feel a little better.

They are all so cute! I hope they get adopted soon! I wish I could invite one to live with me, but I already have two pretty kitties at my house. They also used to live at a shelter.
I don't think we could do three!! :D

Unknown said...

Dat musta been hard to pick out toys yoo didnt want. Very brave of yoo and also very nice!

Poppy said...

You are very generous, Daisy. Maybe I will donate some of my toys too. I don't have quite as many as you, but I certainly have some that I don't play with. What a great idea!

Poppy

BeadedTail said...

Daisy you are the sweetest kitty ever! Your generosity has brought tears to my eyes and I will do something nice for kitties too. I wish I could give Buddy and Gin a forever home, their little faces broke my heart.

I'm glad you have a link to the CSU Animal Cancer Center. We lived in Loveland, CO and I got my Masters degree from CSU (in tax, a whole other animal). The vets at the Cancer Center were really good to our dog Midnight when she had tongue cancer and to our kitty Reebok when she had cancer too. Unfortunately the cancer was found too late. I wish no animal would have cancer and all animals had a forever home but until that day, we have to do what we can to help. ♥

Jans Funny Farm said...

Great idea, Daisy! That was nice of you to share with those less fortunate kitties.

We can't help but wonder why someone would return 2 such gorgeous kitties.

We wish we had a no kill shelter around here.

PB 'n J said...

What a wonderful way to take the challenge Daisy - that sure was nice of you and it looks like they enjoyed them!

Gemini and Ichiro said...

Oh Daisy that is so nice. Daisy, if your shelter really needs lots more toys we do have some that are unopened and we would be happy to send them to you for a donation. Otherwise we will wait and perhaps have a raffle for a cat in need...

Motor Home Cats said...

That was very nice of you to do Daisy. We don't have very many toys any more because we don't play that much, but Mom is going to start crocheting blankets for our shelter.

Tiki, Tavi, Cody, Camie and Miss Jade

Rebecca Mecomber said...

That's lovely. I encourage my kids to do the same with their clothes and toys, for children.

You have a lot of cats in the shelter! Wow! For some strange reason, our sheltes in central NY are always overflowing with dogs, but cats are very hard to find. I am still looking for a younger one.

Kimo and Sabi said...

Looks like them last two cat could use a larger snuggle box! That wuz furry kind of you to donate some of yer toys to them shelter kitties - you a good cat Miss Daisy!

Anonymous said...

You are always such a sweet girl Daisy and I can sees where you get it from, your momma is very nice too!
Wez tried to think of something funny to say but momma is sad for all the beautiful furry babies that should have forever homes.

Mr. Echo said...

I will think about what I can do.

THat wuz nice to give away sum toys. We kood do that too cuz we gots so many. I cannot beeleeve that tuxie kitty duzzint haff a home yet. Dats not rite!

Anonymous said...

so many adorable kitties that need a good home. That was very generous of you to donate your toys Daisy. That toy box was quite impressive.
Jackie, Gidget and Lola

Anonymous said...

YOu are a very nice cat to share your toys. I could share my toys with the cats, but I don't think they want my kong balls or nylabones. My mom says she wishes she could come and get one of those nice kitties to come live with us. Do you think they would like me?

Lux said...

How sweet, Daisy! They really seem to love your toys. :)

You're a kind kitty.

Asta said...

Daisy
That was a puwwfect thing to do..you awe a genewous kitty..I get so sad when I see those kitties looking sad and not having a fuwwevew home like us..youw Mommi suwe is a kind lady
thank hew fow all hew wowk
smoochie kisses
ASTA

JD at I Do Things said...

Oh, Daisy. I feel a little sad looking at all those sweet cats. But then I feel happy knowing that they are enjoying the toys you gave them. You are such a good girl, Daisy -- and very lucky, too!

JD at I Do Things

Skeezix the Cat said...

Buddy and Gin look like thare krying. That makes me vary sad. Can yoo give them a hug for me?

Mr Jingles said...

That was very nice of you Daisy... I must do the same... I have too many toys and I want to share them.

KC and the Giggleman Kitties said...

Daisy, you are just so sweet. Look at the difference you made by being very unselfish. You made those kitties' day today.
We are going to do the same thing here.
Don't you just wish there was a way to give those sweet patient cats a real home? We do!
Purrs,
Missy Blue Eyes

Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

That is furry kind an' generous of you, Miss Daisy. We are gonna donate some of our toys to a local shelter, too, 'cuz you are so inspirational.
DMM

Kitikata-san said...

Oh, that was so nice of you to give your toys to homeless kitties. Homeless kitties need homes AND TOYS too! I can see the sadness of the last 2 kitties. I am sad for the poor kitty that was born at the shelter and has never had a furrever home. I hope all those cutie kitties get really nice homes!

Tesla and Hansel said...

wow thats a great idea! Do you think someone from your shelter would want mr. chickadee?!

Anonymous said...

Daisy you are just the sweetest. You are so very generous. My daughter wanted a kitty but her daddy said no. Sad for her but I will try to help her to convince her dad to have a kitty.

Marian said...

Daisy - You're a sweet cat!! And, the kitties from the shelter are so cute. Crazy Lady would like to scoop them all up and bring them home. Guess it's lucky for us that she doesn't have time this week!
:o) Thomas, Phoebe and Trixie

Jimmy Joe said...

That was very selfless of you, Daisy. I'm sure it made you feel glad to know that your toys were going to bring some happiness to those nice kitties who don't have their Forever Homes yet.
Your buddy, Jimmy Joe

Chancy, Jake, Babe and Ernies Voice said...

You are so nice...those kitties are so lucky to know you.

HUGS & PURRS~ Chancy, Jake, Babe and Ernie's Voice.

MYM said...

You and your mom are good people. Well...you're not a people...but you are one very good cat :)

Chesney Cats said...

Mama said if she could, she would give all those kitties a forever home with us. We didn't even fuss at her because we feel sorry for those kitties......we can't imagine not having a real home.

Hugs & Purrs,
Sammy, Festus & Emma

Ivan from WMD said...

Daisy, you are just too sweet for words. I bet those poor homeless kids really really appreciated your generosity. (And your mommie's, too, for all her work.)

The Cat Realm said...

Daisy - we are sooooo proud of you! That was very very wonderful, the way you accepted this Dare! You and your Mom are very special. And Pixie of course too. To give away a banana, wow, that was awesome of Pixie.
We hope all those shelter cats will find good forever homes, they all look sooooo sweet!
Thank you so much Daisy and Pixie and Mom!
Karl

Girl Girl Hamster said...

That is really nice of you to give your toys to those cats. I like how you hug your toys first. I'm sure the cats feel better now knowing that they have a friend like you who cares. :)

~ Girl girl

Sushi said...

You are so generous Daisy, good girl!

Kate (Pablo's mum) said...

Uh oh... Kate wants to adopt ALL of those kitties! Lucky we live so far away from FLA.

Moki The Wobbly Cat said...

That was very nice of you to give some of your toys away Daisy.

The kitties at the shelter appericate them I am sure.

Southbaygirl said...

Daisy, we think that's such a wonderful thing to donate your toys to the kitties at the shelter that don't have forever homes! Mom wishes she could have more kitties so the shelter kitties could have homes...but she cant

We are going to have to get mom involved in kitty cancer research!!!

Kodak, Winton, 3 Perf and Blossom

The WriggleButts said...

Well done, Daisy! I'm sure they will get lots of fun out of their toys!

Bajas

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Daisy, it was wonderful to donate some of your toys to the shelter cats! Every time our humans go to the grocery store, they buy some cat food to put in the bin for the local shelters.

Our humans also raise lots of money for different charities by doing different races whose entry fees go to the charities.

Diane G. said...

Thank you for the inspiration. We have toys that need good homes. Our momma will take them to one of our local places for cats who have nothing to cheer them up.

C&M

Anonymous said...

Gosh I love cats! those pictures on your blog are driving me crazy with the 'cute' madness! >.<
I was just lurking around blogs and found yours. Just wanna say I love those pictures and Daisy is sooooo cute!

Katiez Furry Mewz said...

dats super miss daisy!! and dose kittehs needs supurrts n stuffoms!

luv,
daisy may

Sarah Coggins said...

Daisy, it is so sweet of you & Pixie to donate those toys. :) Thanks for the reminder too - I have a box of items I need to remember to drop off at our local animal shelter this week.

Black Cat said...

You are sweeties Daisy, Pixiebananakins and Mommie. My heart is breaking for Montey, Gin and Buddy. Who could not choose Montey or choose Buddy and Gin and then return them? Makes no sense to me. At least their lives will be more fun because of the toys:) xxx

Samantha & Mom said...

Oh Daisy, you are wonderful!! We don't have a no-kill shelter where we live. Can we send some of our toys to you so your Mom can give them to the kitties where she works?
Your FL furiends,

Marilyn said...

That was very nice of you to do.

Donna said...

That are so nice, Daisy. When I gets mah new aparmint, I gonna adops a shelter cat.

Related Posts with Thumbnails