Thursday, October 2, 2008

A Harley Masterpiece!

Daisy told me that there are MANY exciting jobs that cats can do! Since I like pretty colors, I decided I would practice becoming a FAMOUS artist! Here I am painting with GREEN.
Next I will try the color YELLOW! This is a HARD color to use because it does not show up too good. If I press real hard it might show up BETTER!
It might need MORE of the green....
No, it needs BLUE. Definitely, BLUE! LOTS of BLUE!
The hardest part is knowing WHEN the painting is all DONE. I think this one is COMPLETE!!!
Since Daisy knows so much about ART, I showed her my first painting. She said it was a little bit GOOD! I will call my painting "Blobs and Lines."
You can call me Harley PICATSO!
ps: do not worry, these colors are safe and non-toxic. Even though I kind of wish they would RUN!

Share/Bookmark

109 Notes for Daisy:

Alex the Blogging Kat said...

Dat iz a berry nice pikture, Harley! I likez it. OK?

Anonymous said...

Harley PICATSO, you are indeed pure genius, of that we have no doubt! We were much older than you when we created our first Masterpiece! We believe it was in the medium of TP.

gemmak said...

Harley Picatso...indeed a truly deserved name!

Teddy Westlife said...

Oh, I can say I knew you before you were famous! That is a very nice picture Harley. Daisy is a most excellent art critic.

Huffle Mawson

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

Harley PICATSO~!

Terrific~!!!
I think you are an artist right now~!!
I am so proud of you!!!!

Forever Foster said...

Harley, you have done a very lovely job! You could have an exhibition with the elephants who do beautiful paintings. Have you seen their website? It is http://www.elephantartgallery.com/ incase you haven't.

-Fui, Suey and Evie.

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

You are quite the artist, Harley! And it looks like you have a good audience in Daisy!

Sen-Chan and Tom

Motor Home Cats said...

Harley, you are a very good artist. That is a great painting for your first time. If you want your colors to run, you can always color on coffee filters and then add water. They make really pretty pictures that way too.

Tiki, Tavi, Cody, Camie and Miss Jade

The Florida Furkids said...

You're a great artist Harley PICATSO!

Sniffie and the Florida Furkids

Girl Girl Hamster said...

You sure are a good painter Harley. :)

~ Girl girl

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

That is a good first painting Harley Picatso. We are sure Daisy will give you many good tips to become a world famous artist.

Parker said...

I see a bright future for you! You have a great deal of talent in the medium of painting!

Felix, Garfield & Jawsy said...

An aptly titled masterpiece, Harley Picatso! The Art world better get ready for a talented and handsome you! :D
Hugs,

jenianddean said...

You are very talented!
--Jasper

Ramses said...

You're very talented Harley! :)

Sweet Purrfections said...

Wow - I think you could be famous. That is pretty good for a beginner. I think Daisy may have been just a little bit jealous.

The Whiskers and Purrs Gang said...

Dearest Harley Picatso,
Oh goodness...you are a very talented artist! And you are SO lucky to have a wise mentor...Daisy is the smartest girl we know. Mommy says she sees great things in your future!

Very truly yours,
The Whiskers and Purrs Gang

PS...you look an awful lot like our Jimmy Durante Graves III!

Diamond Emerald-Eyes said...

Very good for your first try Picatso! Cat art is very important. I prefer to sculpt in Styrofoam myself.

Poppy Q said...

Wow Harley, that is very beautiful and you is a very clever boy.

I hope your mom pins it up on the fridge.

Anonymous said...

Very good harley!!!

Cupcake said...

Oh, how lovely, Mr. Picatso!

Lidian said...

Oh boy Harley, you are one talented artistic kitty! And Daisy is a great art critic!

That is a very purr-ty picture -

xx Katia and Asha

Linda S said...

That's Beautiful! I'll bet your mommy hangs it up for everyone to see!

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

You did a wonderful job Harley, we think you are pawsome.

Maybe Daisy can be your agent when you become a famous painter.

~S,S & C

i beati said...

I see Daisy is your devotee Picatso = Where is your gallery?? sk

Mickey's Musings said...

I look forward to your first showing Picatso ;)
Purrs Mickey

Liss said...

what a great paiting, I love it.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

ok, let me try this again so it makes sense.

I like coloring. It's good therapy and brings out my inner child.

Sometimes us humans have trouble typing...

Donna said...

That picsher are so awsum. I want see it in a moozeum.

Sarge Charlie said...

I got to tell you I am very impressed with Harley, you and Harley make a good team

Dma said...

you are a natural. u ought put it up on ebay- i bet you could gets lots of temptations money for your efforts. (although i think it the painting may have needed just a lil more green for my tastes.)

Anonymous said...

Harley you will have a great career as an artist! Very nice work!

The Island Cats said...

Harley, that's purrty good for your first effort!

Anonymous said...

Excellent! ... Speedcat Via Cell Phone / Heard About This On Twitter

Unknown said...

Harley, dat is great art! Yoo should raffle it off for shelter green papers!

The Fitness Diva said...

That is just brilliant! Wow! I didn't know that cats were such good artists! ;)

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Harley
We are in love with your little black and white face...what wonderful pictures of you!!

Purrs
Abby,Boo & Gracie

Rene Perez said...

That is excellent!!! Very good! Now try mixing the colors for your next one! :-D I like to let my kids color my hair with markers..you should try painting your furs!!! If you get in trouble, don't mention my name.

Chat Blanc said...

That's fantabulous Harley! and I must say, you're sooo cute. :)

Babs (Beetle) said...

That looks like a very fine picture Harley! I think Daisy will be a good teacher for you.

Purrs, Sukie x

Donny and Marie and Casey said...

Hi Harley, nice to meet you, I'm glad you got adopted, your mommy is really pawesome!

You are so talented, I wish I could draw like that. My mommy won't even let me touch so much as a pen, even tho I like them very much!

~Donny, Marie, Casey

Mini said...

Hi Harley PICATSO!

Anonymous said...

That is a good picture Harley! You're as talented as Daisy is beautiful! What a great team you make.

L. Alida said...

Oh Harley, I have been doing lots of rubber stamping and using colored pencils. We could have so much fun together! :) What a beautiful painting! Did Mommie put it on the refrigerator? Daisy has a good eye for color, so if she likes it you know it's good. ;)
Have a Happy Day!
hugs and smoochies,
Lorianna

Maggie May said...

Harley Picatso....you are a highly talented kitty.
~Maggie May and The Creek Cats~

Karen and Gerard said...

Harley Picatso, what a wonderful painting for your first try! Makes me want to paint. I hope you didn't get any paint on your nice white fur! Daisy is a very good teacher!

Eduardo said...

Your a great artist Harley! I'm so glad your forever home is with Daisy! you couldn't ask for a better place to live! Mr.Harley Picatso are you gonna sell your art on ebay? I'm sure someone would love it!!
Hugs & Snugs
Eduardo the Snuggle Puggle

Shaggy and Scout said...

there's lots of fun stuff to do at your new home!

Anonymous said...

"Oh" Harley your so cute and I love your painting.Daisy was so sweet to give one of her's to my niece.She still has it in her room on her wall.
She adores Daisy and never misses her blog now she has a new friend Harley Picatso....Hugs Ariel

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Harley Picatso...did yoor mommy put dat piksher on da fridjimator? We hear dat is where great artists get der pikshers hanged until dey become famus, den dey hang dem in something called a gallery and lots of beans look at dem.

Gemini and Ichiro said...

That is an excellent picture Harley! You are a very good artist!

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

That is a delightful drawing Harley! I hope your Mom frames it and hangs it up!

Purrageous Pirates said...

That is a very nice picture harley. We think you are very talented.

Whimpurr said...

What a wonderful site! Your videos are awesome! Hope you can visit us soon!

Bonnie Story said...

Harley -- Welcome!! I missed out on your first few days at your new home - and I am THRILLED to see you! You are a big mankitty, so handsome - your coat looks very luxurious. Isn't it nice to have been picked to live with your new sister and loving family?? I can't wait to see how your art career progresses. It was wonderful to see the picture of you and Daisy relaxing together, I think you two will have lots of fun times together!! Knowing that Daisy has a new brother just really makes my day. I'm so happy for all of you. I know Pixie is smiling too!!!! Pepper and Bonnie

Kellykat said...

Great picture Harley!

You have an award waiting for you on our blog.

-Stryder, Scotchy & Sugar

Mo and The Purries said...

Picatso - that cracks me up.
You should practice some more, then you can auction off your famous pieces for fund-raisers for the shelter your Mommie works at!
luv,
Not The Mama

The Furry Kids said...

Harley, you are an ar-TEEST!

Love,
Tazo

PS - Please don't eat plastic. Or rubber. Or latex. Take it from us. hee hee

Cats~Goats~Quotes said...

Excellent!!
This is a frame worthy painting, Harley.
~ Maggie Mae and The Bunch

Unknown said...

Harely, you are a very good artist, you have an incredible eye for colour.

You have very nice furs, I like the black part by your eyes - very pretty - oh, I guess I should say handsome : )

P.S.
You are lucky to have Daisy, she is very knowledgeable.

Laila and Angel Minchie said...

Beautiful and very colorful! Is it for sale?

Hazel said...

Harley, you are very, very handsome.
I am blushing.........
Love,
Hazel

Unknown said...

Daisy, you're an amazing artist! How soon will that be in the galleries?

Sunny's Mommy said...

You are very talented, Harley Picatso :-D

Jans Funny Farm said...

Hey, Picatso, very good painting. With Daisy as your manager, you could go a long way in the art world.

The Crew said...

Harley, I too am an artist with several years of experience in various mediums. I hope you don't mind if I critique your work.

hmmmm...yes...interesting

For one so young, I see great potential. Keep up the good work, young man. I see great things ahead for you.

George

BeadedTail said...

Harley PICATSO! You are an awesome artist! And, a cute kitty too!

The WriggleButts said...

Well you're a talented guy, Harley! I haven't been around here enough lately and I haven't even said welcom to the blogosphere! You're got one nice sister! My brother is curly, too!

Bajas

Tenny said...

Yoo are a natural artist! And I adore yur eyeliner. Whooever did that wuz an artist too.

Hedbutts,
Tenny

Evergreen loves Kilroy said...

What a wonderful work, Harley Picatso! I LOVE it!

LZ said...

Harley you're adorable!!! I think you are a very good artist. I myself am an interior decorator and my medium is "bits of trash".

Kaze

Leslie said...

lol love it! Your cats have more personality than some people. Harley's masterpiece is beautiful!

Quasi said...

That is really impressive, Harley, I mean Picatso! I'm going to make Steve get me a bunch of Sharpies so I can make some art, too.

Chancy, Jake, Babe and Ernies Voice said...

WOW...you are an artist! We want to try painting. Maybe we can talk mom into letting us try our paws.

HUGS~ Chancy, Jake, Babe and Ernie's Voice

Brownie said...

Psst. Daisy:
The Animal Rescue site is making a contest to shelters win, too! I voted for Cats Exclusive because is just great, the people can vote here:

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/shelterchallenge.faces

Have a nice week, I'll vote EVERYDAY

-Brownie

Stellaluna said...

Hey Harley, maybe we can be partners and make paingtings together. I saw you have a great sense of creativity, like ME! We can make a museum and....ahhh! Me and my imagination!

SophieKitty said...

Maybe you can sell some of your paintings and use the money at the track!

Brownie said...

Oh Daisy, I just realized that CE is in the rank 1583, that's not fair! *sigh*

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

whoa harley, nice art dood!!!

smiles, auntie bee in alabama
oxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Anonymous said...

we're furry impressed - you're a natural talent!

JD at I Do Things said...

Harley, it's beautiful! And Daisy looks really impressed. What a great hobby you have. I look forward to many more pieces of artwork.

JD at I Do Things

Marilyn said...

Very nice. You could become rich and famous.

Quill and Greyson said...

Oh Harley Picatso you are a wonderful artist! Daddy is home and is feeling well, thank you Daisy and Harley for your purrs!

Lux said...

Wow, I am so impressed, Harly! Great work! Can I have your autograph?

Lola and AppleJack said...

Dear Mr. Harley,
You're a most excellent artist! We love how you can hold a pen!

Love Lola & AppleJack

Lorenza said...

Hi, Harley!
Good job! That piece is very artistic!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Anonymous said...

You iz very artistic Harley!
I think you should call it Flowers through the window..

V-V

Bogdan, the editor said...

WOW. An art-eest!

Anonymous said...

Harley is one beautiful and talented cool cat!

Tara said...

Harley, that was a masterpiece! But I was worried you get some on your lovely furs!

Tara

Asta said...

Harley Picatso
Gweat wowk!!!
I love awtists..Mommi is one too..she's not quite as good as you, but maybe some day..I hope you puwwsoo this awt caweew, you'we cleawly talented(and look sooo faboolous too)
I bet Daisy just didn't want youw head to swell, but she loved it
smoochie kisses
ASTA

(angel) Grrreta and Fam said...

Just as Picasso had his blue period, are you in your blobs-and-lines period? I love your work. I think it is a masterpiece.

Max said...

Dood! You gots The Talent!

Kimo and Sabi said...

You gots a wonnerful artistic style - bravo Picatso!

Anonymous said...

Daisy and Harley, I wrote about you on mom's blog Pentimento. Come visit when you have time. Mom made a comic of me...Harley, you are the best cat artist I have ever seen. :)

The Oceanside Animals said...

hello harley its dennis the vizsla dog hay my gud frend amanda frum new york wuz just at an art show did yoo hav enny wurk their??? ok bye

Anonymous said...

Harley, keep painting -- the world needs art!

Forty Paws said...

Harley, you're quite the artist! We are so impressed!

Luf, Us

happypitbull said...

Harley, what a beautiful painting. I wish Dozer could paint as nicely as you! You're a natural.

Unknown said...

OMG!! you iz amazing artistz!!

Beethoven said...

Wow Harley! You paint real well! I only gets to paint with the compoooter, never with a real pen. I think I'm going to bug mine Mummy to get me real pens so I can learn to draw as well as you!

Creepy Cat Lady said...

I love your furry family! they are so cute!!

Copito said...

wow just look that eyes!

='·'=

CastoCreations said...

Oh my goodness Harley! That is WONDERFUL!!!!!! =)

Shilgiah the Cat said...

What a clever painter you are Harley! Did you let Daisy take a turn?

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

Are you Harley Van Gogh?
--JB

Sushi said...

Wow, Harley good to know your hidden talents, nice painting :)

dennis said...

Dennis likes Harley, but Dennis had a great affection for Pixie and misses her a lot.

Related Posts with Thumbnails