Tuesday, January 12, 2010

How We Stay Warm

This is how Harley and I are staying warm during the recent super-cold weather. Normally I refuse to go into my heated cat cup. But my Mommeh put my heated bed on the counter, next to where she works on the computer and I like it! See the electrical cord? Then, my favorite blanket goes on top to keep all the heat in! Harley wanted to go in the cup, too, but he is too big. So he just sits on the blankie.
And now, Harley and I would like to share a story about some very special cats who could use some help. This is Lenox. He is blind, but he doesn't even realize he is different!
This is his brother, Diamond. Diamond has only one good eye, and he acts as Lenox's seeing-eye cat.
Here is what I learned about these adorable cats from Your Daily Cute:

Both of these sweet babies were adopted as kittens and had the best daddy in the world. He loved them dearly and they adjusted better than anyone could have hoped. But then their daddy lost his job and as a last resort had to move back in with his parents in New York. His mom absolutely refused to take the cats in. He was crushed!!

Luckily, though, the shelter they were adopted from (Animal Aid ) offered to take them back in and care for them. He reluctantly took them back and they are in a foster home now -- and have once again adjusted amazingly! They really are quite a pair.

So now Lenox and Diamond are in search of a forever home again. A real forever home. They must go together as they are used to having each other to depend on. Neither one knows they are missing anything, and together they are the dynamic duo!

These babies are too special to not have a mommy and daddy to shower them with love and attention. They need a real home, where they can live the life they deserve. Let's get together and find them one!

If you or anyone you know might be able to give them a loving home, please email Dorian at dorian(at)yourdailycute(dot)com, or tweet Your Daily Cute, or Facebook Your Daily Cute or contact their friend at Animal Aid at LeeSparkman(at)aol(dot)com or call Lee at 754-366 8072. Animal Aid (and Lenox and Diamond!) is located in South Florida.

You can also see more photos and read a lot more about these special kitties at Your Daily Cute. Good luck Lenox and Diamond!

Share/Bookmark

85 Notes for Daisy:

Teddy Westlife said...

Every cat has a heated bed except me. This is Not Fair. You two look cute on the bench though :)

Poppy Q said...

That looks like a warm and cosy cave Miss D, just right for a little lady like you. Maybe your mom can get a heating pad for Harley to lie on?

Smooches

Anonymous said...

That looks very cozy, Daisy! I do feel a little bit badly for Harley, but he seems OK with it!

It is very cold here, too. I can not wait to see how wonderful summer and warmth is!

Ann said...

I'd like to have one of those for myself Daisy, looks comfy

Christine said...

Maybe Harley should get a Snuggie. I saw in the store that they make them for D-O-G-S, maybe a small D-O-G one might fit Harley? They do not make Snuggies for cats, and you, Daisy, would be too small for a D-O-G one. But you have your heated cat cup, anyway.

I heard that it has not been this cold in Florida in 26 years, long before you and Harley were even borned! So this cold is new to you. Try to stay warm!

Kathy said...

Aw, Daisy. You look so cozy in your warm bed. You are a lucky girl to have one that heats up. Harley looks like a Guard Cat. What a good boy!

gemmak said...

Ooooo, that looks so lovely and cosy in this coldness! :)

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

You look very cozy!

Anonymous said...

You DO look very warm and cozy there Miss Daisy! Too bad Harley doesn't fit in there with you. We don't have a heated bed but I sure would like one.
That story about Diamond and Lennox made Momma almost cry. We're going to purr our best for them to get a wonderful forever home!!

The Island Cats said...

That's a great spot you got there, Daisy...almost like a cave with the blankie on top!

We hope those sweet kitties can find a fureverhome!

SeaThreePeeO said...

That looks like a very warm and cosy bed Daisy. Nice of you to share your blanket with Harley.

We're praying and purring that Lenox and Diamond find their special forever home soon!

fez said...

I wish I could take them. I love cat, whether they're normal or not. But I lived in Malaysia. BTW, my hometown was named Kuching, which means Cat in Malay. We all here love cats, in fact you can find them almost anywhere in my hometown. Felt sorry for Lenox and Diamond...

Kate (Pablo's mum) said...

Huffle, I don't have a heated bed either...

Forever Foster said...

Mum's have the best ideas, don't they:) Stay snug, Miss. D.

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

We just went to YDC and read all about those kitties. We are purring hard that they get a loving forever home together very soon.
Daisy, your heated cat cup looks very cosy with the blankie over it. You are lucky Eric doesn't live with you because he wouldn't worry about it being too small for him, he would shoe horn himself in somehow.
Flynn

The Creek Cats said...

What a pawsome way to stay warm! You look so cute in your heated cup, Daisy. Maggie May lays on a heating pad nearly all day. Maybe we should look into getting her a heated cup instead!

Marg said...

Daisy you do look so very warm in your heated bed. And Harley is being very polite (I think) to let you have the cave. Glad he has part of the blanky.
I am so glad that Mommeh put those two wonderful kitties on here that need a home. We sure hope they find a home.

Hansel said...

you guys look so cute next to each other by the heated cup! tesla would whap hansel in the face if he tried that.

Darrell B. Nelson said...

I'm glad you two have a nice warm place to stay, I've got several stray cats that have moved into my backyard and here's what I came up with to keep them warm.
purrfect home

JD at I Do Things said...

Thank you for sharing the story of Lenox and Diamond. They look so sweet! I hope they find a Forever Home soon. I love them!

And I love your heated cat cup! You both look very happy to have such a nice warm place to hang out.

Freya's Staff said...

I'd be happy to send you a kitten that will chase you round and keep you warm that way?

Sweet Purrfections said...

You look so cute all snuggled up in your heated bed, Daisy. I hope the kitties find a good forever home.

The Florida Furkids said...

That bed looks pawsome! Your Mommeh takes such good care of you.


We hope that Lenox and Diamond find a forever home soon...they seem to be a pawsome duo.

Sniffie and the Florida Furkids

SharonL said...

Oh, Daisy, how I wish I could take in those two special kitties! We already have 4 that are part of our family, so we really don't have room for more. My prayer is that they will find their forever home very soon. (p.s. Daisy, you look very cozy in your warm bed! Harley looks warm, too!)

Angel Simba said...

That is really very sad that those kitties couldn't go to New York with their daddy. What a shame his mother was not more compassionate for him and the cats. I hope they fid a good forever home in Florida.

i beati said...

Great article

Unknown said...

Cuteblog, did you know that daisy is on I can has a cheezburger? http://icanhascheezburger.com/2010/01/05/funny-pictures-the-burger-king/

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

you two look so cute there on the counter!

smiles, auntie bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxox

Dma said...

when my boyz whine about being cold i point out that at least they have fur coats.

i wish i could offer diamond and lenox my home. they sound like they are great cats.

Split Rock Ranch said...

Stay warm and we're hoping the weather warms up again soon. I'm also praying that somebody very special gives a furever home to Lenox and Diamond.

Maureen said...

Oh I wish I could take in EVERY cat that needs a forever home! I wish them well and hope they get a wonderful new owner that they deserve who will spoil them!

Daisy, I love your heated bed! I guess this weather is backwards; we are getting unseasonably WARM weather up here!

Your Daily Cute said...

Your heated bed looks super cozy! I want one for myself. :)

Thank you so much for putting Lenox and Diamond's story. I really hope they find a forever home soon -- they are so cute and sweet!

One Cats Nip said...

Yeah them floridians gotta get that cold. So funny my mommys from fl and when she came up here she was freezing all the time! Now her family is still there and her brother loves 85 to 90 degrees and hes not happy about this weather she just laughs at him

One Cats Nip said...

Yeah them floridians gotta get that cold. So funny my mommys from fl and when she came up here she was freezing all the time! Now her family is still there and her brother loves 85 to 90 degrees and hes not happy about this weather she just laughs at him

Cory said...

I'm gonna purr double hard for Lenox an Diamond to find forever homes or for that mom to have a change of heart.

Amy & the house of cats said...

Oh my gosh what a sad story for those kitties, but they are very lucky to have a foster home to live in for now. I hope that they can find a wonderful forever home very soon!

And we think you are very smart to go in the heated bed right now, but it is too bad for Harley he doesn't fit!

Unknown said...

We is gonna do our furry bestest PURRayers for this two ta find a good, and PURRmanent FURRever home. Such sweet siblings. Wish we didn't live alla the way up here when we see good kitties needing help...sigh.

Anonymous said...

Aren't cats amazing creatures. I do hope they find a good home.

Milo and Alfie said...

Oh we so hope that Lenox and Diamond get a happy ending. They so deserve a forever home. What a pity they can't go back to their loving dad when he gets a new job.

Unknown said...

loving that warm bed, Daisy. Your mommeh sure keeps you guys spoiled rotten...and that's a good thing

Asta said...

DAisy
You and Hawley awe vewy clevew at staying wawm. I do hope those two sweet kitties find a fuwwevew home togethew vewy soon..they look sweet and desewve a loving home!!
smoochie kisses
ASTA

Raymond and Busby said...

Daisy, are you SURE Harley won't fit in that heated cup bed?

We hope that Diamond and Lennox find a forever home. We will call our human Uncle in Florida. He has four cats, but he may know someone who can help.

Chrissie said...

It's very important to stay warm, Miss Daisy. I'm glad you are not falling down onto the ground like those lizards I've read about!

I'll be purrin' and hopin' that those two fellas find the bestest forever home in the world!

The Whiskeratti said...

We luff your warm set up! Daisy looks like a pampered princess in her little bed, with Harley as her Royal Guard.

We're so sorry that the other kittehs need a new Forever Home. We'll keep purraying that they find one quickly.

Anonymous said...

Daisy...you look absolutely purrecious in your kittie kup! And Harley, you're just too cute!

Now on to those other two stunning fellas! Oh how we wish we could take them! We are purraying FURRY HARD they find they're FURREVER home ASAP! We will cross our paws, tails, and eyes that this happens right quick! Good Luck Fellas!

Gemini and Ichiro said...

Oh what a wonderful story about those two. I am very sad for their first dad though.

I love your bed!

Anonymous said...

Nice snuggle spot for both of you. We hope the two cats Lenox and Diamond get a real forever home.

Bonnie Story said...

Daisy that's wonderful to help those two sweet kitties. And you are adorable in your Hot Tub!! Isn't that what it is? Does your brother take a dip in the kitty Hot Tub too? Happy tubbing!!!

Sparkle said...

I'm reading Homer's Odyssey right now to review on my blog, so I am just now finding out how amazing blind kitties are! Unless she had an allergy that would kill her, I think their human's mother is heartless for refusing to take them in. I'm sending lots of hopeful purrs that they find a home ASAP!

Hoshi said...

That looks very cozy : )
I hope your friend kitties will find their forever home soon... I know they will, because they are so cute!

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

Your heated cat cup looks very wonderful!!!

We will purr for Lenox and Diamond to get a great furever home quickly!

brokenteepee said...

I think that you and Harley are very, erm....well cared for. I didn't want to say spoiled.

It is very sad about the kitties. I wish I lived closer.

Brian's Home Blog said...

Y'all really know how to keep warm!

Mrs Sweetwater said...

awwwwwwww,, that heated bed is cute and snuggly. maybe momeh can get harley a snuggy. ;) someone will see your kitty friends and help them find a forever home, no doubt. they are a cute pair. we showcased our kitty adoption widget tht you helped us set up; maybe you could highlight your kitty adoption widget to help folks find them a forever home.

you are such cute furry humanitarians always helping us humans find kitty forever friends.

Nomi said...

Snuggly warm ! I have several nap spots which all have fweecy blankets. Sooooo cozy !

Puglette said...

daisy you look so cozy! do you ever snuggle with harley? he would keep you nice and warm too. i sure hope those beautiful kitties get a wonderful home soon!
hugs,
puglette
:o)

Shaggy and Scout said...

You two are adorable in the first picture! Love how you are peeking out over the rim Daisy!
We hope someone comes to the rescue of those two special kitties. We are so sad their Dad could not keep them.

Donna said...

Wow, that sure looks like a fun bed.

I hope ur friends find a nice noo place very soon. Hugs!! :)

GLOGIRLY said...

We will keep Lenox and Diamond in our thoughts and prayers. We sure hope they an find their forever home. Daisy, you are very sweet to try to help.

mew!
Katie
(Glogirly's cat)

(Love your cat cup!!!)

Lisa + current cat said...

Lenox and Diamond are just wonderful. How great that they have each other! And Daisy, might we say that you look quite cozy in that heated bed of yours. Good thing you're staying warm.

loki said...

Daisy, you're lucky, I don't have a heated bed like you. It's so sad for the kitties and the man who lost his job. Sadly there are too many without jobs.

Keep Warm!

Loki

Mickey's Musings said...

WE are happy that you and Harley are staying warm!!! Bet that heated cup is nice :)Mom has a heated pad that we can use ;)
We will purr super hard so Lennox & Diamond find a great new home.They are nice looking kitties :)
Purrs Mickey, Georgia & Tillie

Jen said...

I hope those kitties find a good forever home soon. They are so cute and I wish I didn't already have a full house or I would take them.

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

They are very sweet kitties. We will be purring that they find a good furever home soon.

We like the cat cup you are in. It looks very comfy and warm. And Harley is sweet ot be with you on the blanket!

Rosemary B❤️ said...

I am going to purrrr for Lenox and Diamond. They better get the perfect home!

It is good that you can sit in your cup near your mom and snoopervise her so she does not get distracted and start doing weird things like vacuum or dusting.

Happy bonkiebonkies to both of you.

Forty Paws said...

Oh goodness! If we lived in South Florida, we might have to adopt those 2 precious poodins!

We have 2 heated cat cups from when Bow was aging and needed them. Now Reno sleeps in one.

Luf, Us

P.S. We think that Harley could probably fit in it if you weren't inside it already Daisy!

Two French Bulldogs said...

Oh poor babies....Maybe I want to be a kitty to get a heated bed,hmmmm
Benny & Lily

Angel Gracie=^o.o^= said...

I was a little worried when I saw how cold it got down where you live but I see that you have the situation under control.
I sure hope sweet Lenox and Diamond find a forever home. I am sorry that their daddie didn't get to keep them. He must be so sad.

Percy the Cat said...

The heated cat cups are the best! (we just posted about ours too.)

I hope Diamond and Lenox get a good new forever home! we are purring for them!

SophieKitty said...

You look so cute peeking out of your heated cup, Daisy. Harley, I hope you're warm enough.

Lorenza said...

Hi, Daisy!
You two look adorable in that picture!
Paws crossed for Lenox and Diamond!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

BeadedTail said...

Your heated bed looks wonderful Daisy and it's nice of you to share your blanket with your brother.

Our mommy's eyes got all leaky when reading about Lenox and Diamond. It's so sad their daddy had to give them up. We hope they find a forever home very soon. We're purring for them!

The Kitty Krew said...

You kitties sure do look warm and cozy! We don't normally need heated beds, but we're considering asking The Mommy for one anyway.... MOL

We hope Lenox and Diamond find a great furever home, that's really sad about their dad's mom not letting them come. :(

Purrs and hugs,
The Kitty Krew

Quill and Greyson said...

We are purring these two precious kitties find perfect homes.

Meadow said...

Thats a great bed Daisy!!! And those are great kitties with 'special abilities'! They should find a home in no time!

Anonymous said...

Oh Daisy, you and Harley have the right idea!

Pee Ess: We hope that those two special kitties find the special family that they deserve.

Pee Ess Ess: What has happened to Tom the Office Cat? He seems to have disappeared.

catsynth said...

Even when it gets cold here, it doesn't really get *that* cold. Stay warm, and we hope the cold spell is over soon.

That is so sad about those two cats and their dad. We really wish they weren't separated like that :(

Marilyn said...

Hey, my bed is heated too! Love my heated human bed. I think your cup would be too small for me.

I hope the kitties find homes soon. I wish I could take them but since I can't I will spread the word.

Jans Funny Farm said...

Oh, they just have to find the perfect home soon! It's so sad when humans have to part with their furries.

meemsnyc said...

We hope those sweet kitties are adopted soon!

Jans Funny Farm said...

We have an award for you today, Daisy and Harley.

Bae Bae said...

You sure look very cozy there Daisy.

I hope Diamond and Lennox finds a good furever home. They sure are very special. :)

~ Bae

Theresa111 said...

You are so special writing about these two precious babies. I will pray for a forever home for them.

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

Oh, we hopes Lenox & Diamond find a home soon. It is so sad their Daddy lost his job and had to give them up. We are saying purrs for them and will help get the word out.

Daisy you would be warmer if you would share the cup with Harley. ~AFSS

The Oceanside Animals said...

hello daisy its dennis the vizsla dog hay that is just like my sister trouble the kittys cat cup!!! eksept it duznt hav tank treds or a cannon!!! ok bye

Related Posts with Thumbnails