Thursday, August 30, 2007

Thursday Thirteen, Edition #36: Alligators vs. Lizards!

After my scare with the alligator this week, I decided I would compare the alligators in my yard with the lizards. So here are 13 things about alligators compared to lizards:
  1. Alligators want to eat ME!
  2. I want to eat lizards. Lizards win this round.
  3. You can make cute shoes and handbags from both alligators and lizards. This is a tie.
  4. When you play with lizards, their tails fall off. This makes another fun toy to play with.
  5. Alligators are not for playing with. Lizards win again.
  6. Lizards fit into my Scientific Observation Pen. They are very interesting to study.
  7. I do not think it is safe to study alligators with my magnifying glass. I might have to use binoculars to study them. Or, maybe even a telescope! Lizards win again.
  8. Lizards are very rude.
  9. I am not sure if alligators are rude or not. But since they want to eat me all up, I am going to guess that they do not have good manners either. This is a tie.
  10. Alligators have big teeths that can eat me up.
  11. Lizards have tiny teeths that cannot hurt me. And you know I hate teeths! Lizards win again!
  12. The name "alligator" comes from the spanish "el lagarto" which means "lizard." The Spanish phrase mispronounced in English came to be "Alligator." Well, since the alligators STOLED their name from the lizards, this means they are worse than lizards. Alligators lose again.
  13. I must be very fair. I have never seen an alligator sneak into my house or peer into my window like the lizards do. So alligators win the last round.
So, the score is 5 for the lizards, 1 for the alligators, and 2 ties. The results of my analysis prove that lizards are better than alligators. I am very sorry about this, alligators.

PS: LOOK! LOOK! I am on Stuff On My Cat.com today!


Share/Bookmark

61 Notes for Daisy:

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Excellent comparison of lizards and alligators, Daisy. Alligators sound very scary. I wouldn't want to encounter one.

Boy said...

That's a good one! I've seen many wizards but have never met an awwigator yet. Maybe they're scared of me, so they dare not come over here? Call me over next time you meet an awwigator, Daisy. I'll help you scare it away!

Parker said...

I am glad that the lizards won. Anything that has a tail that will fall off would make a great toy!

Bloggers said...

Great list. They both scare me though.

my very first 13 is up !

http://momworksathome.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Hi, Daisy! You seem like a really nice kitty. Maybe I could have someone like you someday. Thanks for visiting me and making me my day. You are the first cat to visit me. I'd keep in mind all your comparisons of lizards and alligators. And every time I see either a lizard or alligator, I'll think of you. :-)

Lazy Daisy said...

Awww Daisy you are absolutely brilliant and a great observer. Loved your comparisons.

Astrid (…and the kitties too) said...

you did a great job Daisy. we haf no alligators or lizards here in Vienna but we are glad the lizards won :)

purrrs, K&O

Samantha & Mom said...

Great T13 Daisy! We are glad the lizards won, too. Lizards are much easier to play with and they don't have ginormous teeth either.
Your FL furiends,

Anonymous said...

We think that it is good that the lizards won Daisy. At least they do not try to eat you. They probably have better breaths than alligators too.

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

That wuz inchresting. We haf nefurr met an Ally Gater or a lizzerd, but we fink we wouldn't want to meet an Ally Gater. We haf newts here which we fink are like small lizzerds. Their tales fall off too when yoo play wiv them.
That stack overload fing is still coming up, but we just click to abort the script and it's all ok then.

Mickey's Musings said...

Very good post 'bout 'gators and lizards. Had to ask Mom though, what they were.We don't have them here so I never saw them. I think you are a smart kitty.Cute too

Dma said...

Excellent and flawless analysis. What about crocodiles?

LZ said...

Interesting! I find them both perplexing as I've never seen either one.

Kaze

Monty Q. Kat said...

Yay lizards, sorry 'gators.

Did the other shirt fit you? I though tit might fit Pixie if it was too big on you.

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

Oah Daisy, a huge lizards like Alligators, just get away from them. Lizards are rude, but Alligators just don't know what is respect, you have to very careful.

The Crew said...

We think you should be appointed the "Cat Blogosphere Official Expert" on everything concerning lizards & alligators 'cause you're so smart!

Forty Paws said...

Daisy, we're very impressed with your scientifc study on lizards and alligators. Well Done!

Luf, Us

Chrissie said...

That's a very fine analysis there, Daisy. I did not know that alligators got their name from lizards. Figures they'd be thieves, too!

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

Thank you for telling me where the name alligator came from.

I prefer lizards to alligators too. Alligators mouths are much to big and they have way to many big teeth.

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

We are glad dat the lizzerds won cuz ally gators are scary. We're also glad der are no ally gators where we live. You be careful out der Daisy, we don't want yoo to get eaten by a bad ally gator.

The Meezers or Billy said...

anything that wants to eat a kitty loses. good thing lizards don't like to eat kitties.

Unknown said...

Great list! Don't like alligators and don't like lizards...lol Thanks for dropping by my blog!

Gattina said...

And my poor cats haven't even seen a lizard in their whole life ! It's too cold here for them.

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

grate konpurashon honey. i am scairt of alligators too and only a little asairt of lizards.

where are the sea monkeys?

smiles, auntie bee

Sarge Charlie said...

Yeah, where is the brave sea monkey. Do you eat sea monkeys also???????

Shaggy and Scout said...

Daisy, when you lay it all out like that is a logical list we would waaayy rather have a leezard than an allygator!
Pee ess: There is a nightclub in our town called AlleyGators. Should we warn people to stay away?

Anonymous said...

He he! That was fun to read!

Anonymous said...

Next there should be a badness comparison of alligators and vishus deer. That would be a close one, I bet.

And now my human is muttering about "alligator lizards in the air... in the air..."

Skeezix the Cat said...

Daisy, arn't yoo scairt that if yoo publisht the reezults of yer findings, the allygaders wood git mad at yoo and THEN come into yer howse and eet yoo up??? Maybe yoo shood go on the lam for a wile. I can git my big bruther Mao to give yoo sum tips.

Daisy said...

Aaaaaahhhhhh! Skeezix, I better go hide. Just until the alligators forget.

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Daisy

Thank you for all this information. I really appreciate it. You never know when you're going to meet an alligator...ooo did you know that alligator do not consider humans prey, only crocodiles. I found that interesting, I heard that on Animal Planet of course.

Purrs
Abby

Laila and Angel Minchie said...

We are so lucky not to have alligators or lizards where we live! Daisy, we love your blog. You are our favorite!

Laila and Lilly

Spirit and Ezra said...

Spirit sez.... DAISY!!! YER ON STUFF ON MY CAT! I SEENED YOU!!!

Unknown said...

Oh Daisy, I am so glad the lizards won. I would much rather have a lizaard in the house than an alligator. Please be extra careful outside, as Skeezix said the alligators could read your comparison and be mad!

Rosemary B❤️ said...

Alligators... we are pretty sure they are rude. stay away from them Daisykins!

purrrs, Prinnie

Hot(M)BC said...

We definitely want the allygators to stay way from you Daisy! For sure. Lizards tho... well they sound fun. hehehe
Purrrrrrrs,
Sanjee, Boni Maroni, Mini, Gree and Pepi

The Furry Fighter said...

oh my goodness - i missed your alligator post! how on earth did i manage that? daisy, please please be very careful! meowmie said aligators don't taste so good - like fishy chicken according to her - which sounds IDEAL to me!!!

superb entry in SOMC :)
xx

Cats~Goats~Quotes said...

We are glad the Lizards won!

Your pictures on Stuff On My Cat are beautiful!

HRH Yao-Lin said...

daisy - your study is very interesting and informative. Your results are conclusive and I feel should be published in a scientific journal.

Also, I saw you on stuff on my cat and you looked FABULOUS!! xx

Chelle Y. said...

An alligator! Now, that's scary!


http://www.chelleyoung.com

Anonymous said...

Daisy, I think that was a very scientific analysis. Lizards are better than alligators!

MaoMao said...

hehehe, I loved yur list about gaturs and lizzards! They both strike me as furry rude, but you are a furry inkwisitive scientifick kitty and I admire you for wantin' to study 'em and learn more about 'em!

Your pickshures on Stuff On My Cat are adorabble!

Kittyhugs and purrs from MaoMao!

The Furry Kids said...

Lizards definitely win hands down. I mean, paws down. We are so excited about you being on Stuff on My Cat. You're a celebrity!

Titus

Unknown said...

Daisy, thank you very much for the interesting lesson on lizards versus alligators. I am smarter now because of you!

Anonymous said...

*giggle*, sweet Daisy, you always make me smile! Your list about lizards vs. alligators was excellently researched, and I am sure your scientific conclusions are sound. You are not only beautiful, dear, but you are very brainy, too!

Thanks for the (((hugs))), sweetie -- I'm (((hugging))) you back!

Purrs and snuggles from Marilyn!

Cindy Garber Iverson said...

Daisy, your recent question left at my blog inspired the latest blog entry at Rosehaven Cottage. It's all about lizards! Enjoy!!!! Cindy at Rosehaven Cottage

snowforest said...

Alligators can be dangerous for pets ~ you gotta watch out for them Daisy ~ I find lizards fascinating!

Jimmy Joe said...

That is a very scientific analysis, Daisy. I learned a lot.
Your buddy, Jimmy Joe

Anonymous said...

This is officially MY favorite post of the day.

Mr. Hendrix said...

yippie Daisy! You're famous. I love those dresses of yours. I'm going to post a "fashion friday" tomorrow too.

I think lizards are the better bet. I'll bet those tails are tasty too!

Tink said...

I have no experience with alligators or lizards and I'm hoping to keep it that way. ;-)
Thanks for visiting my activities TT!

Karen Jo said...

You do very good scientific research, Daisy. Your conclusion that lizards are better than alligartors is very sound. Play with the lizards; stay far, far away from the alligators. You look very cute in your Stuff on My Cat photos.

Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

Furry excellent analysis, Daisy. I know, however, that lizards an' alligators would get the same reaction from Mom: Aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeee!
DMM

JT said...

I think you're right... lizards are better than alligators. You are looing good on suffonmycat.com!

Mr. Chen and Ollie said...

Daisy, that is a very unbiased comparison of lizards and aligators. Good work! Do not be too upset by that bad thing said by that bitter bean on your great photos on stuff on my cat.com. He is just plan wrong. Clothes on a cat = stuff on a cat. He's kooky!
Purrs,
Mr. Chen & Ollie

Zoey and the furballs said...

Congratulations and well done!

DaCraftyLady said...

oh I loved the comparison it is perfect...and I also loved your yellow dress on Stuff on my Cat...I am on there too in my usual wig...I need to have mom dress me up like you...Meowww

Lux said...

Wonderful comparison, Daisy - I knew the lizards would win!

caspersmom said...

Goodness Daisy, I really enjoyed your lesson on Alligators and Lizards. I've never seen an alligator in person, just in your pictures that you post. They look mean in your pictures. I think Lizards wins hands down. Oh excuse me, paws down. Thinking like Mom now.

Casper

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Daisy! I saw you on Stuff On My Cat, and you looked sharp. Only thing better would have been if you'd been wearing something pink!

Anonymous said...





Louis Vuitton Black Murakami handbags
Louis Vuitton handbags replica
Louis Vuitton damier canvas handbags
Louis Vuitton monogram handbags
aoc gold
Louis Vuitton Monogram Denim handbags
Louis Vuitton Monogram Dentelle handbags
Louis Vuitton Monogram Groom handbags
aoc gold
Louis Vuitton Monogram Mini Lin handbags
Louis Vuitton Monogram Perfo handbags
Louis Vuitton Stamped Collection handbags
Louis Vuitton Suhali Leather handbags
Louis Vuitton White Murakami handbags
Anna Sui handbags
Balenciaga handbags
Bally handbags
Bottega Veneta handbags
Burberry handbags
Cartier handbags
Celine handbags
Chloé handbags
Christian Dior handbags
Coach handbags
D & G handbags
Dunhill handbags
Fendi handbags
Givenchy handbags
Gucci handbags
Hermes handbags
Jimmy Choo handbags
Juicy Couture handbags
Loewe handbags
Marc Jacobs handbags
Men'w wear handbags
Miu Miu handbags
Mulberry handbags
Prada handbags
Salvatore Ferragamo handbags
Samsung handbags
Thomas Wylde handbags
Tod's handbags
Versace handbags
YSL handbags
Zacposen handbags

Related Posts with Thumbnails