Friday, February 6, 2009

Fashion Friday: How to Wear a Pashmina

Today I will demonstrate how to wear a Pashmina! I had to borrow this one from my Mommie. Because I do not have one of my own. If you wrap it around your head, you will stay warm and look very mysterious.
You may use your paws to hold it closed around your neck. I must admit that I used a paper clip to hold mine shut. That's a modeling secret!
If you are just lounging around, you may drape your Pashmina casually across your shoulders, like so.
Harley wanted to try. He does not know how to model accessories yet. As you can see.
But he still had a good time.

Share/Bookmark

95 Notes for Daisy:

Teddy Westlife said...

That colour is stunning on you Daisy. Harley just has a bit to learn.

Huffle Mawson

i beati said...

As I've said many times- You are the real fashionista
Daisy ..

warming up in Spring Lake

Country Cats said...

You really DO look very mysterious there Daisy; that is some good modeling and a great trick with the paperclip. Harley looks cute, too, but maybe he needs some more lessons from you.

Anonymous said...

A what? Pashimina? Looks like a scarf to me. Very true though, it does make you look a bit mysterious! Harley is cute though trying to be a model. That is how my Spunky Doodle would use it.

Forever Foster said...

Our mum has a pink pashmina that she wears to the shops- the air con makes her chilly! They are fun to play with, too.

Amber-Mae said...

Mommy made me wear that the last time. I hated it!

Butt wiggles,
Solid Gold Dancer

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

We like the draped look best! And we think Harley looks cute with it too!

Your Pals,
Tom and Tama-Chan

Poppy Q said...

Oh Babooshka, you look so sweet in your lavender pashmina. What a fab model you miss D (and Harley too).

Parker said...

I just loved that first photo Daisy!

Unknown said...

Daisy you are way too hard on Harley, although you'll always be America's Top Kitty, Harley runs a close second. Adorable!

Skeezix the Cat said...

That color reely goze good with yer furs. And it brings owt yer eyes. But it duz kinda look like a berka.

Mango the Maltese kiddo said...

You look so elegant in that pashmina, you remind me of Audrey Hepburn, my sweet Daisy, muahhhh!

The Island Cats said...

Hey, Daisy...you wear it well!

The Creek Cats said...

Sure does make you look mysterious, Daisy! Great job modeling the pashmina. Looks warm too!

Barb said...

Pashmina is a fun word, isn't it?

And we think you and Harley both did a wonderful job modeling the Pashmina! Harley looks especially wonderful with gray, doesn't he?

-Gandalf and Grayson

Anonymous said...

Looks good on you Daisy...

The Meezers or Billy said...

you look very gorgeous Daisy!

Luzinha said...

hello, gorgeous! I think that you're fabulous in this model! I love this colour! it matchs with the most of colours! but, more important than this it's the fact that you're very warm, doesn't it? I saw on the TV news that is freezing there... and here, in spite of being summer, is more like a spring...

kisses for you all! have a nice day!

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

We thinks you looked like Mata Hari in your Pashmina. You wore it well and the paper clip is a very good modeling secret.

Harley looked very cute. We are afraid his modeling is more on our level, we need lots more tips from you Daisy. ~Socks, Scylla & Charybdis

Unknown said...

Daisy, you look like a Madonna (not the singer) in a Renaissance painting with that pashmina wrapped around you! I'll save a gilt frame for your painting at the Met!

Your pal,

Petey

Anonymous said...

Daisy, you look so exotic and mysterious!

Sher said...

Hi Daisy,
You look very mysterious and pretty in your borrowed pashima! I enjoy your blog every day!

Have a great weekend!

Cory said...

You make everything look stylish Daisy!

Janet said...

Daisy, you look very exotic! Thanks for introducing us to this fashion!

Questdriven said...

Love those pictures of you, Daisy.
You look lovely.
In the first couple, you look like a Jedi. Jedi wear clothes like that sometimes.

The Florida Furkids said...

Such good fashion sense - thanks for the tips (we like the paper clip idea!)

Sniffie and the (still Freezing) Florida Furkids

Mickey's Musings said...

That pashmina looks very cozy :)
You do a lovely job of modeling.Wearing it on your head shows off your beautiful eyes :)
I am glad Harley is having fun. He looks good wearing it too!!
Purrs Mickey

Anonymous said...

The pashmina looks lovely and warm Daisy! I think Harley needs some more experience to model as well as you.

Dma said...

i continue to be impressed by all your knowledge and skill in modeling.

Sarge Charlie said...

You need to help Harley, he will learn but I do not expect a boy cat to ever do as well as Miss Daisy.

Maureen Hayes said...

Wow, how bootiful you look in your pashmina, very mysterious and elegant. I am glad you are sharing your modeling secrets with us (the paper clip) so we can all try to be as good as you someday.

Harley may not be the best model for a pashmina because he is a boy, but he looks so darn cute anyway!

Misha said...

You are such a pro, Daisy!

The Furry Kids said...

You look so glamorous and mysterious, Daisy. Harley might need to practice modeling a little bit more. hee hee

Love,
Tazo

Bonnie Story said...

Daisy, The freeform wrap is a stunning look on you. I enjoy your Fashion Fridays. The top photo is pure Mother Theresa! Pure Christy Turlington! So much soul pouring through your eyes. Keep up the good work! Bonnie & Pepper

Anonymous said...

I love your eyes - they are beautiful...

Donna said...

U looks very warm. I like blankey.

Peanut Butter and Jenny said...

wow you iz very mystery-us! that pash-meen-a makes your eyez sizzle. i can tell you is smiling wiff them. tyra be proud!!!

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

thanks honey! i have one of those and now i know how to wear it! i just have to find a paper clip!

smiles, auntie bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoox

Cat Street Boyz said...

Maybe fashion isn't Harley's thing or else he needs boy stuff! We think Harley just likes watching you dress up like we do=^Y^=the Cat Street Boyz

The Oceanside Animals said...

hello daisy its dennis the vizsla dog hay dada sez yoo luk like the french lootenants wumman i hav no ideea wot he is tawking abowt becuz yoo ar kleerly a kitty oh wel he is pretty silly sumtimes ok bye

Puglette said...

that pashmina looks so cuddly and soft! it looks nice for snuggling. do you think mom will let you have it for a kitty blankie??
hugs,
puglette
:o)

Jen said...

That color goes so well with your eyes Daisy. It doesn't look half bad on Harley either. Be patient with him he will get the hang of it eventually.

Carla said...

You have just got to be the cutest baby I've ever seen and such a model! You could go on Project Runway. And I see you have a birthday coming up. Happy Birthday!

Rosie & Cheeto said...

Yoo luk like E.T. in the second picktur. Hahahaha

Sweet Purrfections said...

Thank you for the advice. I didn't even know what a Pashmina was, much less how to wear it.

Chrissie said...

You do look very mysterious, Miss Daisy..you look as if you had something to hide...maybe there's a bellydancing costume under that lovely pashmina shawl...with tinkling coins and gauze-y fabric...

I gotta go lay down.

Harley, it looks like a comfy-cozy blankie, eh?

LizzyT said...

That is so you!

Anonymous said...

Oh my! How adorable...and so cooperative!

The Devil Dog said...

But Harley still looks cute. I am not sure I would like a pashmina, but I bet Lucky would look good in one.

Roxy

Anonymous said...

You do look very mysterious, Daisy. We think that there may be no end to your talent:)

Gemini and Ichiro said...

You do an excellent job of modeling your Pashmina. You look very mysterious.

brokenteepee said...

I think you have found a new color! Did you know that pashmina wool comes from goats?

Thank you for voting in my contest..I am glad that you visit me.
Pricilla

BeadedTail said...

Daisy, you do look mysterious as well as fashionable! Harley modeled just as I'd expect a young man-cat to - he's so cute!

Teri and her Stylish Adventure Cats said...

Oh Daisy,

We think you need a pink pashmina of your very own, so you don't have to borrow mom's. Our favorite pix is the one where you can see the fringe, cuz it looks like it would be fun to play with.

Teri has a black pashmina and a red one. Coco will try them on and see what everyone thinks...she is still trying on outfits for the Inaugural Ball, and a pashmina might help keep her shoulders warm if she wears a gown that's strapless.

Teri and the cats of Furrydance

Jimmy Joe said...

Once again, Daisy, I am so impressed by your modelling skills. That pashmina looks very hard to wear, but you look very glamorous in it.
Your buddy, Jimmy Joe

MYM said...

You're kinda like Grett Garbo ... very mysterious indeed :) And Harley is just cute as always

Clover said...

Daisy, you are such a good model. The pashmina looks great on you!
Love Clover xo

Babs-beetle said...

You model it very well Daisy! I think I might be the same as Harley though hehe!

Purrs, Sukie x

Dave said...

You look very misterious Daisy in your pashmina, I think Harley needs a few more lessons in accessory modelling, he looks like he thinks it will make a cozy bed!

Sunny's Mommy said...

Daisy, you are truly a professional model! If I was a cat, I'd have to rip that off of my ears. You are very dedicated to modeling.

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Purrrrhaps woo need a Siberian paw to keep that around woo?

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

meemsnyc said...

Awww, Daisy, that is so cute! You remind us of ET!

Anonymous said...

Daisy you a very good model and wear the pashmina really well - love from Milo

Harley, there is an award for you over at our place - love from Alfie.

Nomi said...

My miewmie has loads of pashminas that she gotted in Chin and Tibet. I'll have to sneak to the top of the wardrobe and get one out to try and emulate you. Thanks for the paperclip tip...I'd never haf thought of that !

Rosemary B❤️ said...

WOW daisy, you look good in everything! Harley made a good try at it and what a great attitude for a little guy!


purrrs for a happy week-end

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Eric: We much prefer the draped look because in the first two photos we, um, go on Flynn you say it.
Flynn: No you said it first.
Eric: Well okay, we thought you looked like... No, I can't tell her.
Flynn: Oh for goodness sake Eric. We thought you looked like ET.
Eric: Oh dear, I'm going to lay low for a while.

whit said...

i think the olsen twins need to move over.

Deb DiSalvo said...

Daisy is just too precious! Oh my!

Mystery Ranch said...

Daisy, you are the cutest little thing in that scarf I've ever seen. Where do you live? Maybe I'll come and catnap you. Hmmm, that seems to mean something different than what I intended. I better watch what I say, Grace and Melody will get jealous.

Cat with a Garden said...

Harley's nose sticking out of that pashmina: Wonderful!!!
Daisy, we don't know about the pashmina, really. It make you looking like a very old Portugese grandma...
; )

Anonymous said...

Daisy, you look so mysterious in your pashmina.

Jackie said...

Thank you so much Daisy for this lesson today. You are simply the best model ever.

Harley don't give up. you will learn it soon. In the mean time thanks for keeping us all entertained with your antics!:-)

Unknown said...

Simply stunning, as usual!

mister jeter harris, hizself said...

wuzzit verree, verree cold ware u liv in da funshine state, daisy? it wuz ware mi gram livez.
a pashmina will come in handy in da cold wether.
jus sayin.
luv--jh

Sassy Kat said...

What the perfect model you are, I think you could get top rates for $$$$ for the great job you do.
I am not sure if Harley will be ready to model, maybe it is a guy thing. Of course there are guy models but I just don't think they do as good a job as the girls.

Sushi said...

The gray works really well for both of you, happy weekend guys! Meow!

Mystery Ranch said...

Daisy, you are the cutest little thing I've ever seen. Where do you live? Maybe I'll come and catnap you. Hmmm, that seems to mean something different than what I intended. I better watch what I say, Grace and Melody will get jealous.

Kate (Pablo's mum) said...

Very Sophia Loren, Daisy... and Harley, you're just too cute.

Lux said...

Wow, I *really like that look, Daisy! I'll bet Harley will be modeling pashminas in no time!

MaoMao said...

Awwww, Daisy, you look superduper in yur Pashmina, just like a kitty Audrey Hepburn! And Harley looks adorabble playin with it. hehe

You always make us Ballicai and our Momma smile, Daisy! ((((love and huggies)))) to you and thank you fur bein you.

Kittyhugs and purrs from MaoMao!

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

daisy you look radiant!
harley yoo look hot!

purrs
abby

Lorenza said...

Hi, Daisy!
Thanks for showing my mom how to wear a pashmina!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

You are amazin fer wearin cloths like that! The Big Thing tried ta put somethin on me fer my own good and I thrashed aroun like crazy until he gived up...

Iza

Samantha & Mom said...

Oh that is beautiful Daisy!! Mom won one at KC's auction!! She can hardly wait for it to come!! She hopes it looks as good on her and it does on you!
Your (warm weather is suppose to be back)FL furiends,

AM said...

As always, you are cracking us up!! You are a true fashion genious Daisy, always reinventing yourself!

Lexxi AKA Popglitz! said...

such cute cats, hey visit my blog too, i love animals :)

Motor Home Cats said...

Daisy, you are doing a great time teaching Harley how to model. Like all professions, it takes a while to learn the job.

You both did great.

Tavi, Cody, Camie and Miss JAde

christy said...

Hi Daisy! We haven't posted in ages (because Mom is ditzy and forgot-for more than a YEAR!) so we thought we'd check in with our favorite fashionista!

Speaking of which, we have never heard of a...pashimina? But whatever it is, it looks good on you!

xo-Pippin, Turtle, & Ava Grace

Anonymous said...

Oh my dayz!
Daisy looks sooooooooooo stunning in that Grey!

Anonymous said...

Awww.... you both look adorable in it! :)

Anonymous said...

We love the way you look in your Mommie's Pashmina! When you are all covered it reminds us of a burkah, and it emphasizes your exotic feline face.

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

Oah the Pashimina~!!!
Very Very prefessional~! Daisy~!
I think you work on it well!!!

Quill and Greyson said...

I think it looks nice on Harley too! I like it over the shoulders best.

Unknown said...

oh Daisy you looks so sophisticated!! your mommy should get your own Pashmina!! and it have to be pink!!

cashmere said...

Daisy looks purrfect in a pashmina shawl scarf. Tell her to try the pashminas at Yours Elegantly she will look mysterious and stunning. The animal print pashmina will be great for her. Love you daisy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails