Thursday, September 13, 2007

Thursday Thirteen, Edition #38: Let's go strollering!


I have mentioned that it has been many, many days since I have been out in my stroller. My Mommie says it is still too hot outside. Here are 13 ideas I have to get my Mommie to take me out strollering again:
  1. Limp all around and pretend that my paw is sore and that I must go everywhere in my stroller. This might be hard to do because I like to play and run around a lot.
  2. Point out to my Mommie that taking me strollering is a good way for her to lose a few pounds. I am not sure if this will work, because a mad Mommie is not a strollering Mommie.
  3. Be on my very best behavior so I can go strollering as a reward!
  4. Do the "Machine Paw" at the front door, over and over and over and over and over again.
  5. Make my eyes look really big and sad so she will feel sorry for me.
  6. Point out all the other cats who get to go strollering.
  7. Cry in my saddest voice.
  8. Cry some more.
  9. Break my harness and leash so that I will be forced to use my stroller to go Outside. I am not sure about this one, because I like to take good care of my things.
  10. Do a complete inspection of stroller. Check zipper. Kick tires. Fluff up sleeping bag. Mommie might take the hint.
  11. Do my strongest hoping and wishing for cooler weather.
  12. Park stroller in front of the door.
  13. Browse through the old photographs that show me going strollering and sigh loudly.


Share/Bookmark

63 Notes for Daisy:

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

Oah, lovely Daisy, you are so funny, I am crazy laughing at:"a mad Mommie is not a strollering Mommie." That is so so true.

And I think the "Machine Paws" is really works, because I see the video 3 time again, And I think your mommy gonna melt her heart and take you out~

Cry in my saddest voice need some tricks, not to frequently but to a nicety let your mommy feel very very sorry and will take you out immediately~!!!

Anyway, all great points, good figure, wish you success. It's fall here, I wish I could blow some cool wind to you, and let you strollering again soon.

Parker said...

"a mad Mommie is not a strollering Mommie" - My Mommy blew coffe on the screen! HaHaHaHa!

Jaya said...

Dear Daisy...

I wish someone would push
me in a nice comfy stroller
too. But I don't think they
make any strollers big enough
to fit me inside.

But, what I'm going to do,
since it's the middle of
the night, and nobody can
watch me and get hurt when
they fall over laughing...
I'm going to go outside now
and do a dance to the weather
Gods, asking them to bring
cooler weather to everywhere
within strolling distance
of your house. I hope it
helps.

Love,

Jaya

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Daisy:

I think by parking that stroller in front of the door, it will get your Mommie's attention! Great ideas!

Purrs
Abby

Anonymous said...

Big eyes, pouty face, and machine paw... who could resist that?

Honey P. Sunshine said...

i think you just ought to wear yer harley shirt like forever til she gits the message, live to ride, ride to live

Rosemary B❤️ said...

Well... it is 15 degreees cooler here in Virginia, so hopefully you will get some cooler weather too. Maybe early in the morning. Right now it is 60 degrees here!

These are great reasons. Maybe you can go strollering in the house. Blizzie used to do that with her dolls.

happy day Daisy!!
snuggles to Pixie too

Dma said...

I like the approach of #13 best but I think #5 might be your most effective strategy.

Dma said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mickey's Musings said...

Machine paws!! Hahahaha!
I do that and cry in my most annoying voice because I know it gets to Mom and she caves. She will open a door,but it dosen't go outside. Sigh.
Love your T-shirt!!

LZ said...

I'm sure you'll go again soon. Of course I have no interest and Latte went to Petsmart so I think he's good for a while.

Kaze

Daisy!! I LOVE to wear clothes! Yao-lin sent me a rain coat and I purr when its on and play and its GREAT!

Monty Q. Kat said...

Oh, I like #13, try closing the photo book when your Mom looks at you so she can't see what's making you so upset.

Forty Paws said...

Poor Daisy!! We are sorry that it is so hot there! It has actually cooled down some here and we had the windows open yesterday!!! We will blow some of our cool air over to Florida for you, OK?

Luf, Us

Anonymous said...

Hi Daisy,

Those are some good ideas hope one works and you get to go strollering.
I have given you an award please go
to my blog and see :)

The Crew said...

You're all ready to go!

If you park the stroller so it blocks the door and then refuse to get out until she takes you for a walk, I think that will work.

Anonymous said...

The machine paw! Oh my goodness does that drive me nuts. My kitty likes to do that places where it'll be loud...like the sliding closet doors so they'll bang together.

Laila and Angel Minchie said...

Tell your mommie to get one of those clip on fans that will keep you and her cool! We wish we had a stroller!

Earl Grey said...

Daisy, I'm sorry it's not strollering weather at your house. i say, if you got a stroller, you might as well use it. I might park the stroller by your Mommie's side of the bed while she's sleeping so that it's the first thing she sees when she gets up.

EG

The Meezers or Billy said...

oh Daisy, we is sorry that it's too hot for strollering. it's getting nice and cool here, maybe you should move here.

Anonymous said...

Daisy, I find that noise making is the best idea. Of course, I'm a meezer and it's what we do...

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

I hope you can go strollering soon, Daisy. I haven't been outside at all recently because it has been raining. Even my humans have been running inside instead of going outside to run.

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Oh Daisy, we'z sorry it's to hot to go strollering (or so yoor mommy sez). We will send yoo some of our breezes. We gots to go out in our screen porch yesterday...we effun took naps and played in it. It was fun cuz we maded it roll across da lawn and mom laffed so hard she started coffing again!

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

hi honey, i am sure mommie will take you just as soon as she can cause you haf a grate mommie, remember? you are furry cute there honey pie!

smiles, auntie bee

Unknown said...

I don't even like to go strollering and I git to go strollering. Maybey yoo don't wunt to heer that. I wint just the other day. And I'll admit, it was kinda fun. We go strollering so much, we're kinda worn owt frum strollering.

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Daisy! We agree with all of your ideas to get your mom to let you go strollering again. Number one may backfire though. If your mom sees you limping around it might mean a trip to the V-E-T!

Shaggy and Scout said...

Let us know which ones worked!

Scout said...

i don’t have a stroller and it sounds like i should check out getting one!

Anonymous said...

I love reading your adventures Daisy. Be a good cat always, okay. Always follow what your mommy says to you.

jenianddean said...

I love your shirt. My mom has tried to get Maggie to wear clothes, but she will have nothing to do with it. But every time you have a fashion show on here, my mom starts thinking about it again. She says "look how cute Daisy is. She wears hats, shirts and even overalls." I'm just glad she doesn't make me put on clothes. She knows that shirt would have a toothy death! :)

Strolling -- hmm, I think putting the stroller in front of the door and then machine pawing the door would be a great idea. If that doesn't work, try the sad eyes.

-Jasper McKitten-Cat

Sarge Charlie said...

I want to know who is "DRIVING MISS DAISY"

Unknown said...

Ha, ha, ha - that list is funny. I think you should definately do the Machine Paw at the front door over and over and over and make sure you park the stroller by the front door so she definately knows what you want : ) Although, the limping idea was pretty good too, hmmmm......

Anonymous said...

Daisy, that is an excellent list of ways to persuade (coughnagcough) your mommie to take you outside for a stroll. And you are always prepared with another request if one does not work right away.

Unknown said...

I bet you that machine paw would work!

April Elizabeth said...

that is precious

HRH Yao-Lin said...

hmm those are wonderful ideas Daisy but if they don't work, you could always try scaring the human into submission? Maybe a few scratches or the odd bite? I dunno, maybe not, you are a good kitty xx

Jimmy Joe said...

Yep, yep, sighing is good. Have you seen the movie Shrek 2? I bet if you make your eyes go like Puss in Boots, your momma'll take you in your stroller. Good luck!
Your buddy, Jimmy Joe

Southern Girl said...

Aww, my cat Pumpkin rides in a stroller sometimes, too, but it's only as a secondary passenger when my nephew is in it. And she has to ride in the basket below! ;)

My TT is up, too:
http://southern-born-and-bred.blogspot.com

snowforest said...

These are some ingenious plans Daisy ~ one of these has definitely got to work!

The Furry Fighter said...

daisy daisy...strollers? i have NEVER seen or heard of a cat in a stroller! is that common in america? i think my meowmie would get very strange looks from people in London if she took me out in a stroller - she gets weird enough looks taking me out in muy carrier to the Vet Place.

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

Maybe you could try telling your Mommy that being taken out in your stroller would be good for your health and hers. After all exercise is good for you (no matter how hot it is outside).

Mommy & Lord Epa saw two kittens on their field trip. They live at the Audubon Center. They also saw an alligator. She will post the pics later. The kittens were cute, but not as cute as us.

Your friends,
Scylla & Charybdis

Rebecca Meyer said...

Machine Paws Daisy! That should do the trick! Good luck getting mommy out to stroller with you!
love
Dexter

The Devil Dog said...

Oh Daisy, I love you ideas to get your mom to take you strollering. I like the mad mom bit. The boy calls the mad mom "Momzilla". Momzilla is frightening, so stay away her!
Roxy

Mosaic Cats said...

Daisy!
We had not seen your Machine Paw video before. I think that was just before we started blogging? I wish we had a camera because ML could have just shown you how I sat right here with her and watched your video with rapt attention. THAT is EXACTLY what I do at the front door when I want OUT in the morning. I like to wait until ML is comfortable on the couch with her coffee next to her and the laptop on her lap. And No. It does not matter that she has just let me in the back door. That is irrelevant. Coming in the back door is not going out the front door, is it?

I also utilize the Machine Paw most effectively in the early morning after she throws Annie (and Me, sometimes) out at 6:30am. I give her an hour to fall back to sleep and then at 7:30am I Machine Paw on her bedroom door to let me back IN. Her screaming does not stop me. Nor her swearing, nor the useless "guard" dawg laying in front of the door. (I do not want to get ML in trouble but sometimes she yells VERY loud at me, gets out of bed, YELLS some more, chases me down the hallway, and then throws me outside for an hour.)

The moral of this long comment is...keep at it! Your Mommie might just get so fed up that she will snap like ML sometimes does and you WILL go outside!

Willie the Elder

Cindy Garber Iverson said...

A photo of you sitting in your little stroller with your "bad girl" Harley shirt on has to be about the cutest thing I've seen today! Born to Be Wild should be your soundtrack for strollering! Go Daisy! Cindy at Rosehaven Cottage

MaoMao said...

hehehehe, I love yur thirteen ways to get your momma to take you strollerin'! You're a furry clever girlcat, Daisy!

Kittyhugs and purrs from MaoMao!

Yuriko said...

Hope you get to go out :)

Tyler said...

Aw Daisy, those are some very different ideas. I bet at least one of them would work. You only one to work for you. I would try flattery.

Scout said...

i nominated you for a nice matters award. come see me and pick it up.

Samantha & Mom said...

Daisy your Mom can't help but take you strollering after all those great reasons you just gave her! I know, it's till hot here in Daytona,too, but at least it is getting close to being under 90. Maybe in a couple of more weeks you can go out.

Fat Eric said...

I really hope you get to go strollering soon!

Anonymous said...

Daisy, dear, you look just precious sitting in the stroller, wearing your Harley shirt! *giggle* I hope you get to go strollering soon, and I loved reading your list! You are so very clever!

Purrs and snuggles from Marilyn.

Dobby said...

Hahahahahahah! You make me and my Mom laugh today! We especially like #13 because we can just see you doing that!

Poppy said...

You just keep trying, Daisy. I'm sure she'll get the hint soon!

Poppy

Anonymous said...

I see you are being neglected too, Daisy. *sigh* Everybody's rents must be getting lazy!

Anonymous said...

Good luck, Daisy! All good kitties deserve stroller rides. Good luck and Happy TT!

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

You should go for an extended visit to Skeezix house...that way you get to go strollerin alot!

monkeybunkey said...

You're so lovely in that stroller Daisy!

Mr. Chen and Ollie said...

Daisy, we sure hope it cools down there so you can go strollering really soon. You look so cute in your Harley Davidson shirt sitting and waiting... Your mommy will get the hint soon, we think!
Purrs,
Mr. Chen & Ollie

Mr. Chen and Ollie said...

Daisy, we sure hope it cools down there so you can go strollering really soon. You look so cute in your Harley Davidson shirt sitting and waiting... Your mommy will get the hint soon, we think!
Purrs,
Mr. Chen & Ollie

The Wanderer said...

Those is good idears! We thinks loud meowlings and wishful thinkings isn't enough though..you must go tos the door and claw it, acts likes you is insane and roll arounds on the grounds alot...then meowl and howl and cry lots! Mights work?

~Hunter,Napoleon,&Belle~
Ps. we is adding this to all our comments todays......
Did you see our little brother's pic on Daily Kitten? We is SOOO proud!!!

http://www.dailykitten.com/archives/1304-napoleon.html

Starbuck and Torrey said...

I love strollers! Everyone teased me when I got my bright red cat stroller, but it is wonderful! Not to mention vet visits are a breeze! I love the blue!

christy said...

That's a pawsome T13, Daisy!

(Oh, and don't tell Turtle, but I posted pictures of him naked.)

xo-Pippin

Karen Jo said...

Those are all very good ways to get your Mom to take you strollering, Daisy. I hope the weather cools off enough so that you can go soon.

Related Posts with Thumbnails